Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Solo CC missions

Comments

• Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    edited 10.08.2022
    Odd, that 's 3 coop leaders getting shed loads of solo missions. Just coincidence?
    Possibly but I do seem to get the leader of [ removed - Rosy] in loads of missions..
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    A reminder .... no naming and shaming ... it IS warnable

My apologies - I didn't think I was shaming any co-op.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    Personal opinion -

My co-op and I ignore the CC completely. I know of several others who feel the same.
    I believe this to be more and more common

I know a lot of farmers who are not in co-ops by choice

I think you are suffering from the number of people who do not take part in the CC
    If no one is looking for a Mission you cannot be matched with anyone

It also accounts for the large discrepancy in levels when you do get matched 

ty so much for your personal opinion ... im gonna followed it so i have cancelled my subscribtions ... whats the point playing a game thats only works 3 days out of 7
  • Personal opinion -

My co-op and I ignore the CC completely. I know of several others who feel the same.

I think you are suffering from the number of people who do not take part in the CC

ty so much for your personal opinion ... im gonna followed it so i have cancelled my subscribtions ... whats the point playing a game thats only works 3 days out of 7

I'm retired now but when I was working 3 days out of 7 was all I could typically play. Its good to have more options for more people but there needs to be ways to compensate when there aren't enough people too.
    Personal opinion -

I'm retired now but when I was working 3 days out of 7 was all I could typically play. Its good to have more options for more people but there needs to be ways to compensate when there aren't enough people too.
    There *are* enough people though - I think I have only had one solo mission in my entire BF career - at the same time the leader of our Co-Op had 4-5 in a row!.
  • Personal opinion -

There *are* enough people though - I think I have only had one solo mission in my entire BF career - at the same time the leader of our Co-Op had 4-5 in a row!.

The US server is pretty well populated but I have one or 2 solo missions every run I make on every coopcha I participate in. I also usually get a a couple of 3 player missions.
    Personal opinion -

The US server is pretty well populated but I have one or 2 solo missions every run I make on every coopcha I participate in. I also usually get a a couple of 3 player missions.
    Aye - that's what makes me think there is a problem or GGS are penalising certain players! As we can't see the code; we have to take their word for it!

I can play 6 missions in a row with 6 players on GB1 and our co-op leader and a couple of others will get 5 solo missions in the same time. The players are clearly there!
  • bonnmoran (SKN1)bonnmoran (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 38
    What have happened? Yesterday and today I´ve been playing SOLO in the missions- for about 90%!!! And that haven´t been fun and give very little points to myself and the coop.
    What level are you? It seems to be the higher level people that get affected by this.

I'm only level 199 and out of 121 missions last CC I only had 2 that had less than 6 people in them
    edited 04.10.2022
    Have a look at this thread about them

[Thanks Mat ... I have merged the threads now - Rosy] 
    edited 04.10.2022
    @bonnmoran (SKN1)  I moved you to thread already talking about it.  

It is not a bug, it is how the CCs functions :(

• amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 04.10.2022
    If you make a list of the players that you do get in missions, you will find about 20 ish keep turning up again and again. If those players aren't doing missions, you are much more likely to get solo missions. It's obvious that ggs has us divided into small groups for the cc. They are usually a similar level to you ,with a few unfortunate newbies thrown in to make up the numbers sometimes. At least that's my theory and I am sticking to it.
       Myself and and another member of my group get loads of solo missions, I know because we are in the same coop, but don't always play at the same time.
  • amazingrose7 (GB1)amazingrose7 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 436
    edited 08.10.2022
    Just had 10 solo missions in a row, what's the point in playing? I put my stacker on, still only getting solo missions for the whole hour, giving up now

24 hrs later, still getting solo missions, this is a huge problem for some of us, I don't believe ggs can't fix this, The situation is absolute rubbish.
    Post edited by amazingrose7 (GB1) on
  • rie22 (US1)rie22 (US1) US1 Posts: 361
    Hello all , was trying to play and got booted out.  Just an FYI. Ill try to get back, Rie
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    Is there a problem with getting players to play missions in the CC?   Just lately there seems to be so many solo missions or missions with maybe only 1 or 2 players, what is going on.   Are players just getting fed up with there being so many CCs now that they are just not playing them?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I think you are probably right   :¬(
    edited 16.10.2022
    @Mac56 (GB1)   Hi there mac  .... i moved you to the current thread about solo missions
    Read up to see other views

Personally, I think you are right

My own coop has made no attempt at doing the CC for many a year.
    You will find many coops advertising themselves as "we do not worry about the CC"

With the deteriorating rewards I think more and more coops are not trying to participate
  • Mashy (GB1)Mashy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    As we have been informed it is the fault of the algorithm why solo missions are more common with some players. I presume this algorithm is based on how you play - quantities produced, points scored per mission etc. I got fed up complaining with no result so changed the way I played missions. Instead of going for win with maximum points each mission just accept the fact that the algorithm doesn`t like those that win every mission with huge quantities. Just produce less and accept lower placings in missions and you should begin to find more missions with players doing the same as you. It may take a little while to re-adjust your algorithm but I have found that it worked for me. I haven`t had a solo mission for a few weeks and , fingers crossed, I hope it continues. The stacker is a good way to get through loads of missions quickly, producing less quantities than your usual shelving point asks for. Give it a try. If it doesn`t work, at least you have tried to do something about it. I don`t buy gold myself, but doubt whether GGS are targetting individuals, especially those that subscribe. They are just too busy coming up with new ways to encourage you to spend more, whether it damages our gaming experience or not. 
    @Mashy (GB1) Where have you seen it is the fault of the algorithm?
    GGS  say it works as designed
  • Mashy (GB1)Mashy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    Maybe fault was the wrong word to use, but the algorithm is what decides who competes against each other in missions. If I am wrong in my assumptions I would love to hear what decides who my opponents will be and why.
  • @Mashy (GB1) Where have you seen it is the fault of the algorithm?

I doubt that GGS is being completely honest with us (it may have to do with proprietary software). I wrote support about being paired up with people that were far higher level than I was and the response I got was it was random but multiple trails and tests on my part show that it may only be partially random. Farmers league is a perfect example. If I do extremely well one farmers league (3 golds) the next league I'm matched with people who are far higher level than I am and I have no chance. If I try my best I'm still matched against people who are far higher level than I am on the next farmers league. If I skip it and get zero or few points the next league I'm paired up with people that are closer to my level (usually within 10) the next farmers league. This happens far too frequently to be random chance or a statistical anomaly and it has changed how I approach farmers league. Its better to get 3 golds every other league than a bunch of wood and glass awards every league.

I got 3 golds last league and this time the closest player to my level is 50 levels higher. The current leader is 100 levels higher.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Grandpa Squeak, I see the same as you in FL, with the pairings after doing very well vs. mediocre

I think I understand what Mashy is saying about missions......
    Depending on how I approach them (harvest a little at a time vs. a lot), seems to be in direct correlation on how fast missions show up, and the size of the group of players I am paired with (well, I suppose the larger the group, the faster the missions show up) ..... as well as how often I see solo missions, or missions with just a few players
    ..... and all of that is based on the algorithm, so it would be the fault of the algorithm & how it applies to a specific mission strategy, on why some players see more solo missions. Not that the algorithm is 'faulty' per se, but it is the fault of, as in, it is because of the algorithm
    Yes - but who believes that?

As a software developer - "It is not a bug, it is a feature' is the most common excuse for not fixing a difficult bug.

I have analysed my last 2 CCs - 1/103 missions last time were fewer than 6 participants ranging from very low levels to 900+

This time round (masters league) 0/49 missions were less than 6 people in them - ranging from sub 100 level to, again 900+ 

I'm afraid I don't believe a word GGS says about this algorithm.

There are 2 options:

1. It is working as intended and deliberately penalising some players
    2. It is broken and GGS have no idea about fixing it

I can't see how it is a magic 3rd option when I NEVER get our co-op members (L400+) in missions when they are getting solos at the same time I'm getting other players with L400+ at the same time.
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 18.10.2022

As a software developer - "It is not a bug, it is a feature' is the most common excuse for not fixing a difficult bug.

I have analysed my last 2 CCs - 1/103 missions last time were fewer than 6 participants ranging from very low levels to 900+

This time round (masters league) 0/49 missions were less than 6 people in them - ranging from sub 100 level to, again 900+ 

There are 2 options:

I can't see how it is a magic 3rd option when I NEVER get our co-op members (L400+) in missions when they are getting solos at the same time I'm getting other players with L400+ at the same time.

I suspect that it filters out your coop mates on purpose to prevent possible gaming of a CC. It didn't used to be that way. When I first started playing you could occasionally have a coop mate in a CC mission with you and our coop had an unwritten rule that you let the lower level coop member win the mission if he/she wasn't beaten by a member of a different coop but I haven't been paired up with a coop mate in a mission in over a year.

I don't see that on the US server since it has a very high population. I can harvest 15,000 milk using the power house at +50%, shelve, and get another mission in 30-90 seconds especially in the evenings for the USA time zones and particularly on the weekends but I see a lot of complaints about the GB1 server which seems to be low population. I wonder if GGS might consider merging low pop servers. It could be done since there are apps now that let you auto translate languages and a lot of Europeans speak English as a 2nd language.
  • I am one of the players suffering with multiple solo missions. When I get  more than just me it is very often a member of my coop ,and they are always one of about 5 particular players . There's not much random about it.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 19.10.2022
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1)
    On US server, I still get coop members in missions all the time. During CC, our chat often has players discussing strategies when they're in missions together, so I know there is more than me this happens to. Perhaps you might be an exception on this one?

I'm not sure I understand your comment to me that you "don't see that on the US server..."  Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I said All I meant to say was that I have noticed a correlation between how I approach missions and how fast they come.
    Depending on the time I have to play, there are different ways I approach missions. 1 way (without stating the strategy) I almost always get missions super quick, meaning from about 2 seconds up to 1 minute at the most, but most often just a few seconds.  Another way (without stating that strategy) missions often come a lot slower, like most take 2-4 minutes to start the next one. Even on that one, some do come quicker, just the majority take longer to start. This does vary a little bit with the time of day, but during a stackmaster run time, I have gotten each of these scenarios in the mornings, afternoons, evenings and late at night. No time frame has been exempt.

Quite awhile ago, there were a lot of similar complaints from the AU server as their # of players have dwindled. There had been requests to be allowed to merge if they desired to continue to play. Now that this is happening on another server, perhaps they might consider trying to find a way to make that possible to keep more players? I remember reading 1 suggestion of offering players in those servers the choice of moving their farm to the INT server ... but I don't know if programming-wise, if that's even possible. It sounds nice from a player perspective though ;)

Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • @Grandpa Squeak (US1)
    On US server, I still get coop members in missions all the time. During CC, our chat often has players discussing strategies when they're in missions together, so I know there is more than me this happens to. Perhaps you might be an exception on this one?

I'm not sure I understand your comment to me that you "don't see that on the US server..."  Perhaps I wasn't clear in what I said All I meant to say was that I have noticed a correlation between how I approach missions and how fast they come.
    Depending on the time I have to play, there are different ways I approach missions. 1 way (without stating the strategy) I almost always get missions super quick, meaning from about 2 seconds up to 1 minute at the most, but most often just a few seconds.  Another way (without stating that strategy) missions often come a lot slower, like most take 2-4 minutes to start the next one. Even on that one, some do come quicker, just the majority take longer to start. This does vary a little bit with the time of day, but during a stackmaster run time, I have gotten each of these scenarios in the mornings, afternoons, evenings and late at night. No time frame has been exempt.

Quite awhile ago, there were a lot of similar complaints from the AU server as their # of players have dwindled. There had been requests to be allowed to merge if they desired to continue to play. Now that this is happening on another server, perhaps they might consider trying to find a way to make that possible to keep more players? I remember reading 1 suggestion of offering players in those servers the choice of moving their farm to the INT server ... but I don't know if programming-wise, if that's even possible. It sounds nice from a player perspective though ;)

I'm just relating my personal experiences. I haven't had a coop mate in a a CC mission with me in over a year now even though many are playing at the same time and 6 or 7 of them typically score far more points than I do in any given CC. I haven't experienced delays that can be correlated to a particular harvest strategy. I seem to get about the same number of missions in the hour that I play no matter how much of any one item I harvest and I'm just as likely to have a long or short delay after harvesting milk as I am after harvesting jam. As a retired engineer I spent a lot of my professional time looking for causes and correlations and I'm not seeing any that are significant enough to document except for the ones I've all ready mentioned.

The only time I ever had a long mission delay was after they changed how the laboratory functioned. I had a lot of solo missions then and I also had delays of nearly 10 minutes in finding a mission even though the game guarantees 5 or less minutes. In fact I took screen shots and posted at that time but GGs seemed to have fixed that within a week. Support claimed it was lag but I had done speed checks, pinged the server, and did a tracert, and it was using the most common route that I had traced before with no packet losses so I knew that there was no lag and that statement was false.

(You can see that there is a nearly 10 minute gap between my collect milk and collect pineapple jam missions and I only got 2 pages worth of missions instead of the usual 4-5 pages I get during the hour that I set aside to do missions during a single day of CC play while my stack master is running.)

All signs with the tools I have available says it was something that they had done server or programming side or that it was low population that they didn't expect after making changes that many of the players didn't want.

There are 2 options:

I suspect that it filters out your coop mates on purpose to prevent possible gaming of a CC. It didn't used to be that way. When I first started playing you could occasionally have a coop mate in a CC mission with you and our coop had an unwritten rule that you let the lower level coop member win the mission if he/she wasn't beaten by a member of a different coop but I haven't been paired up with a coop mate in a mission in over a year.

I don't see that on the US server since it has a very high population. I can harvest 15,000 milk using the power house at +50%, shelve, and get another mission in 30-90 seconds especially in the evenings for the USA time zones and particularly on the weekends but I see a lot of complaints about the GB1 server which seems to be low population. I wonder if GGS might consider merging low pop servers. It could be done since there are apps now that let you auto translate languages and a lot of Europeans speak English as a 2nd language.
    Oh - I'll regularly have the same old few from my Co-op in missions. - The only ones I don't get are the ones that are getting solo missions!

As a developer myself - I stand by my 2 options! 

Either broken and not going to be fixed (but still broken) or deliberately rubbish and targeting a few players!
    First 2 missions - Lowest level was 25 - Highest was 906..

That is one hell of a spread!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file