Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Clarity about Village Fair Demotion Please

We would like some clarity on how the Village Fair promotion/demotion works now.
This is the second time we've tried for demotion from Diamond to Platinum, only to find ourselves still in Diamond at the start of the new Village Fair (9 August 2022).
The first time we tried, we were fourth from last and had a demotion arrow beside our name, and we were NOT demoted. Upon enquiry we were told that there were not enough co-ops in our league to be demoted.
The next time we tried, we made sure we played no challenges so that we could end up stone last. However, we still find ourselves back in Diamond League.
If there is going to be no more promotion/demotion in Village Fair, please let us know. Some co-ops (like us) plan and play strategically. If there is to be no more demotion or promotion, please remove the demotion/promotion arrows. If there are not enough co-ops in a division, increase the number of co-ops by combining the multiple "pages" of divisions, or promote more so that it can work as it should.
I would think the aim of a game is that players should be able to enjoy it in a fair and trustworthy atmosphere, but if we don't know what's going on, it creates frustration. Sadly though it seems GGS doesn't care about it - we see they don't care much about players anyway. I don't think it's asking much to just let us know if there will be Village Fair demotion, so we can adjust our planning accordingly. Of course that presumes that GGS themselves know... lol.

Comments

• artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We never did get an answer from the last time it didn't happen for us. We did manage to get demoted time before last. We no longer put much effort into this event as the outcome isn't reliable.
  • We never did get an answer from the last time it didn't happen for us. We did manage to get demoted time before last. We no longer put much effort into this event as the outcome isn't reliable.
    That's sad, because Village Fair is by far my favorite event. It is truly team based. And I love the numbers/statistics, etc. (Retired Math teacher... lol) I really hope it can go back to working as it should. We just got all the boosters and timers and stuff figured out, now we'd like to be able to go for demotion and work for a super win... lol. We know we're not ready yet to win Diamond league (although we have finished as high as 4th). But we let our new members experience a CC League win by going back to Silver for one CC, and we'd love them to experience a VF league win too. Oh well.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yep.  We finally were able to drop all the way down so we can work our way back up as far as we can go, but enthusiasm is very lack luster. We really liked it the way it was before (once they changed it so we could see what was needed for the challenges. I don't know if you were playing then, but the challenges used to be blind. We didn't know what products were needed until after the challenge was started. Made for some interesting play, that's for sure.)
  • Yep.  We finally were able to drop all the way down so we can work our way back up as far as we can go, but enthusiasm is very lack luster. We really liked it the way it was before (once they changed it so we could see what was needed for the challenges. I don't know if you were playing then, but the challenges used to be blind. We didn't know what products were needed until after the challenge was started. Made for some interesting play, that's for sure.)
    No, I didn't know that - wow. When I started you could see what was in challenges.
    I can't even imagine what it would be like to now know - dreadful I'd think, as we plan and send out a list so people can plant and have stuff ready if they know they'll be on.
    Fortunately the Rippers are still roaringly enthusiastic! It's what makes them special... lol. And we're all high today since Ripper Street is 3 years old as co-op today... lol.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I think you are still suffering from when the demotion/ promotion was badly bugged and there were some leagues with only one in it. So it may take several VFs to get right

But this is only speculation on my part

The only way to get a knowledgeable answer is to ask SUPPORT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file