Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Solo CC missions

For ages now, most of the cc missions I get are just me all on my lonesome, or perhaps one other player. It really puts me off dong missions. Is anyone else having the same problem, it is so boring and poor points too.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 21.05.2022
    Personal opinion -

My co-op and I ignore the CC completely. I know of several others who feel the same.
    I believe this to be more and more common

I know a lot of farmers who are not in co-ops by choice

I think you are suffering from the number of people who do not take part in the CC
    If no one is looking for a Mission you cannot be matched with anyone

It also accounts for the large discrepancy in levels when you do get matched 
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Thanks for the honest reply, but surely the games makers can do something about it?
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Thanks for the honest reply, but surely the games makers can do something about it?
    Of course they can, they can go back to running CCs once a quarter like they were originally and everyone would compete madly again.
     Oh, but wait a minute, that would mean that less gold would be spent, and less gold bought, and profits would go down.
    Oh, abandon that idea then.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 21.05.2022
    I don't remember once a quarter, but I do remember CC only once a month or so ... I miss them being less frequent too
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 21.05.2022
    If you think that the missions are a problem for you now, you should have seen how bad they were before they reworked them. You had missions that ran for over 3 days with no Stackmaster!  B)
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 22.05.2022
    Part of the participation issue IS gold. If your coop doesn't buy gold to spend during the CC you don't win. Most people don't participate because they can't win without a much too large investment. If gold were less effective more people would participate.

The problem becomes circular that way. My coop hasn't participated in a CC for over a year now. The last hew times we tried to win Silver league we were in the lead until the very last day when the coop that was in 2nd place completely blew us away by using gold. Most of us had been saving resources for several weeks to make sure that we could have a chance at winning. The 4th time in a row that this happened we just stopped participating. It wasn't worth the effort or frustration.

The problem also becomes self defeating. Since the people that don't buy a lot of gold stop participating the people that do buy a lot of gold not longer have to buy gold to make sure they win the top prizes.

Edit: one other thing you could do is start up an account on a busier server.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    They should change it so that if you are in a solo mission, your score is treated as being in 1st instead of being in 3rd. They should also do this for the missions where no one else harvests enough to be counted as being active. That way, at least there is no disadvantage with having a solo mission.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    the problem i have i do a mission and there is 3 or 4 members from the same coop it is not fair
    Besides the solo missions, could we please limit or eliminate jam missions? They're an automatic shelve for me. ☹️
  • Besides the solo missions, could we please limit or eliminate jam missions? They're an automatic shelve for me. ☹️

I get the points for them twice in each CC attempt. I have 1 set for cherry jam and one for pineapple and I get sparkles from a COOP member. Harvest and shelve when they come up. (Usually get 2 of each in one run) and because I'm sparkled I get first place but most people just shelve with 0 so the little bit of nothing points I get are for third place instead of first.

I should probably just auto shelve them but I've had 2 farmers leagues now that the points I got from Jam made the difference between a gold medal and a silver.
  • Have some statistics to share: I get 50% solo missions, 30% 2 players, 17% 3 players, almost never more than 3 players per mission every CC (search very often regularly and always get about a dozen/half a dozen of the same players in missions every CC over the last year). I experimented with Notification box ticked and unticked: no difference, still the same result and the same players. Have just checked the players from the top 50 (day 3 of CC) and I had only 4 players in my missions over three days of CC, the same players as always, and, once again, never had any other players in my missions this season and before over the last year (about my level, much higher or less). Please do not tell me that all 46 of them got their points form the CWOF. Running a stacker is pointless: get even more solo missions: 60% of them waiting for 5 mins for every mission. Am I interested in CCs? Thank you but no, thank you. Good suggestion from Ninja: to give decent points for solo missions if you cannot fix this bug or whatever new feature you decided to introduce. Thank you. 
  • Mashy (GB1)Mashy (GB1) GB1 Posts: 29
    Didn`t realise this was such a common problem as I presumed it was just another issue with my account to go with problems I`ve had with VF event. Contacting support was fruitless as I was told I must be playing at times when others were offline or not competing, which I think was a cop-out, as 6pm until 8pm is quite a popular time for lots of players to be online.  I`ve had similar statistics to -Tigerlily-, if not worse at times. Having these problems could well be a reason why fewer and fewer players are playing missions during cc and if nothing is done about it by developers it can only get worse. Removing the very unpopular jam missions from the list of mission items would also help with the numbers problem. Fewer mission types would surely give us more players in the remaining missions as they would be spread less thinly. There`s a thought, maybe this problem has been brought about by the introduction of jam missions. Also agree with Ninja suggestion, but it may be too simple a fix.
  • I have been online for over an hour and every mission has been a solo mission. I have put in enough to shelve each time but fed up with it now.Going to do something else.
    edited 24.07.2022
    I've been thinking about what they could do with the solo missions, like instead of you being stuck with one, you would get a prompt that says "No match, try again" with an Okay button that would start another search. Don't know how difficult that would be to do though. 🤔
  • What a good idea!
  • I still believe that the system doesn't pick players up over the whole server. Somehow, early hours in the morning before my workout I get 6 players per mission (including very low lvls like 12-13, I'm 477)  and mainly rubbish I don't have time to collect and later I'm being matched with the same players (more often than not the highest coops and the highest lvls on the server, my coop is lvl 1) and more often than not it is a duo if I'm lucky. Solos are still 50% with waiting and increased to 75% with a stackmaster. I have no interest in CCs but still search for statistics purposes only. Feel really sorry about players sitting with me for 30 mins when I collect nothing because I've been through the same scenario myself. Would be really great if you could fix this problem. 
  • I am rapidly going off the whole CC stuff, it's too frequent and I can't get a good score because of the solo missions being so frequent too.About time something was done about it. They weren't so bad when they were a bit shorter for a while, but now they drag on for too long.
  • Rennae (US1)Rennae (US1) US1 Posts: 25
    I have never had a solo mission, no matter what time of day or night I play.
  • I have never had a solo mission, no matter what time of day or night I play.

I have. Both during CC events and outside them. Some servers have fewer players on them (US server is rather large) and this makes the problem worse in those parts of the world.
    edited 04.08.2022
    Now let's talk about getting matched up in a mission with players who are hundreds of levels above you.  :D
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    for the last couple of month i have had a lot of solo-missions ... yesterday 13 ... in my coop it look like im the only one who gets a lot.  Since there isnt a lot of complains... it look like 'the game' is targeting some players accounts ... is it a problem you can solve or do we just have to 'live with it' ???  ... it seem strange that you're doing nothing to solve the problem since cc is the heart of the game.
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

7 seconds from one mission to another and they put me on a solo mission. The algorithm doesn't even bother to wait 5 minutes to get at least one more player...
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    We get the same in our Co-Op - A couple of the bigger players seem to get loads of solo missions!

I did think that it was to do with their high level but I'm < 200 and regularly get put against players of level >800.. 

• 7 seconds from one mission to another and they put me on a solo mission. The algorithm doesn't even bother to wait 5 minutes to get at least one more player...
    Had the same but maybe not so fast: like 2 mins and a solo mission,
    .BlueZilver (GB1) said:
    for the last couple of month i have had a lot of solo-missions ... yesterday 13 ... in my coop it look like im the only one who gets a lot.  Since there isnt a lot of complains... it look like 'the game' is targeting some players accounts ... is it a problem you can solve or do we just have to 'live with it' ???  ... it seem strange that you're doing nothing to solve the problem since cc is the heart of the game.
    Hi Blue, I guess you are from the same 'VIP club' for solo missions. Seen you and a few other players over the last many seasons and nobody else

Mat 48 (GB1) said:
    We get the same in our Co-Op - A couple of the bigger players seem to get loads of solo missions!

I did think that it was to do with their high level but I'm < 200 and regularly get put against players of level >800.. 

Hi Matt, I know those players, they are from our unique solo mission club:)
    I am giving up with missions and it means other members of our unique 'VIP solo mission club' will have even more solo missions: always the same 20 or so players! 
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    do we have to contact support before we get any kind of feed-back ???  ...  or is this just another thread where nothing is going to happen ??? 

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 09.08.2022
    Of course you can contact Support or use the  Feedback button in the game or in Discord.

All the discussions are reported back to GGS

My personal view is nothing will change because it is working as GGS wants already

As I already said above my coop and I gave up on CCs long ago
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    edited 09.08.2022
    I don't understand it - I regularly get certain players that are level 800+ in my missions (with three letter names from "XXX" [name removed -Rosy] co-op) 

This cannot be working as GGS intends unless it is deliberately penalising certain players!
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    Of course you can contact Support or use the  Feedback button in the game or in Discord.

All the discussions are reported back to GGS

My personal view is nothing will change because it is working as GGS wants already

As I already said above my coop and I gave up on CCs long ago
    I agree, but the company that runs this game doesn't seem very smart to me, just because high-spending servers like Germany, Russia and Japan aren't complaining that nothing needs to be done.

Precisely because these servers have multiple players looking for missions all the time, playing missions is cooler and they end up spending more gold.

If they found a way to improve the mission system, other servers that usually leave the championships and missions aside would look at these events with different eyes and consequently spend more.

GGS is wasting the opportunity to earn more, I would particularly be playing lots and lots of missions if they came faster.

But as they take a long time and when they appear they are solo missions, I do about four missions and leave the game.
  • Odd, that 's 3 coop leaders getting shed loads of solo missions. Just coincidence?
  • Someone suggested to me that it's to do with me being blocked by some players, just part of being a coop leader I guess. I know that yesterday I made sure I removed  my 'ignore' from a player and I only got 1 solo mission all day? Go figure!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file