Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

gold and silver apples [Rewards Center discussion]

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 09.08.2022
    @merryheart (US1) I  moved you from an old irrelevant thread to the discussion on the Reward Centre

Here is how start a new discussion button
    Please look to see if it is already being discussed before you start a new thread

The rewards change on a regular basis.

We have asked for confirmation that goldflowers will come back

If we get news we will let you know

• I see both of these which you have mentioned but there is no new discussion after tutorials and FAQ 
  • Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 312
    Basically GGS said they were going to change the apple rewards when they felt like it..

I guess they felt like removing them - they may be back they may not!

The Gold apple rewards have certainly shrunk this time round... All the purple stuff was in Silver!

• merryheart (US1)merryheart (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 09.08.2022
    Why are we losing the gold flowers and mining licenses that is a help to us?
    edited 09.08.2022
    @merryheart (US1)   this IS the button to open a discussion in General

Click it and you get 

Then give a meaningful title,

Make your comment or question and press post
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    As usual it started off ok with some Gold rewards to work for.  :) But like all the other event which use to supply Gold as rewards has gone the way of the dodo.  :s
     Another way to get you spend your money.  :( Shame how the past couple of years the powers to be decided to go with this bad business practice.
     The in game adds are never a good sign of what's to come. The border ads are bad enough to ignore. Those in game ones are just plain a nuance and get in the way of the actual game play. 
  • As usual it started off ok with some Gold rewards to work for.  :) But like all the other event which use to supply Gold as rewards has gone the way of the dodo.  :s
     Another way to get you spend your money.  :( Shame how the past couple of years the powers to be decided to go with this bad business practice.
     The in game adds are never a good sign of what's to come. The border ads are bad enough to ignore. Those in game ones are just plain a nuance and get in the way of the actual game play. 
    1 word: ADBLOCKER
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102
    I'm sorry, but why did they put the seaweed twice on the silver apple merchant?

Before it was seaweed on golden apples and seaweed on silver apples. It doesn't make sense to put everything on the side of the silver apples

The game messed with the kites and the laboratory with the justification of "balance", but now it messed with the apples balance because the golden apples will be left over and the silver ones will run out very quickly

The worst thing is that it was balanced before, there was algae on both the golden and silver apples, I don't understand why they moved.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @alex(BR1)
    Each time the trader comes, different items will be offered. They said from the start of this trader that it would change up each time. Just because seaweed stuff is offered this time for silver apples, doesn't mean it won't go back to the golden apple offers next time.

They have often put the same item twice in the same apple currency (catalyst for example almost always is listed twice), each offered at a different cost. Usually the offer that's limited to 1 purchase is the better price, but then they offer more of that item at a higher price.
  • @alex(BR1)
    Each time the trader comes, different items will be offered. They said from the start of this trader that it would change up each time. Just because seaweed stuff is offered this time for silver apples, doesn't mean it won't go back to the golden apple offers next time.

Hi Heather,
    I'm not as positive as you are. I do strongly believe they have removed GMLs and goldflowers as a buying option from gold apples slot forever. 
  • I have just one more question please. I'm loaded with apples, billions of dollars, millions of obsidian dollars, whatever other currencies are and there is no way I can spend them. I don't like a new range of apple reward choice (don't want and don't need any of them. I have no intention to upgrade my lab: they might say again that it was a disbalance and change it like happened before. 50% solo missions on the UK server have not been fixed so sorry, I will always pass CCs. It used to be a strategy game I loved with all my heart! I used to buy gold every month until these destructive changes started to happen a couple of years before. The amount I spent in cash was not huge but it was regular. I could and can afford to buy gold now but no, thank you, I have lost a trust and interest. Non-stop the same events with no rewards back make this game a cul-de-sac: no passion for the game and no stimulus. Have seen a lot of good friends and strong players who quitted the game completely or just found a solo coop like me. You know why? Because the game is too boring and merchandised. There is no incentive and no strategy anymore. Sure my comment will not make any difference. On a positive side, I have enormously improved my succulent collection with very rare species and have more time for Netflix and money for Etsy/eBay I can thoroughly enjoy:)
    PS. Ads are annoying but my adblocker still work OK. It's like I go to Tesco to buy some cat food and they say you need to buy cabbages first but I don't want cabbages!

Hi @-Tigerlily- (GB1) 
    I am not sure exactly what your '1 more question" is, but I sympathize with much of what you said.

I too am tired of the constant multitude of too many events all at the same time. IMHO, they were much more enjoyable when they didn't come so often. But, I'm afraid if they went back to not as often, there would be many players that would say they're bored & want more events.
    Sooooooooo many players left after they changed the lab. I was almost 1 of them. That was definitely not handled well. I still like it better how it was before and wish it had been changed back, but I lost hope of that after a few months. I did not use nor upgrade mine for a looooooooooong time after that debacle. in time, I did upgrade it and have started using it again.
    I will say, I really do not like that diamonds are required for so many things on the farm now, like community buildings and the lab. Adding in a new currency that forces us to play dream worlds - - well, I don't like that. Many things in this game used to be more optional, we could pick & choose based on preferences & it was more of a strategy game, but now they force certain parts of it as more are intertwined. 
    Each of these 3 points, sadly cost the game a lot of players that were not happy with these changes.
    It is a choice for all players, to accept the changes and adapt our own game to these changes, or to leave the game entirely. The positive attitude, I do not always do such a good job of portraying, but IMHO, that too is a choice. It doesn't serve me well to get upset, so after my initial frustration with many of the recent changes, I try to find a way to put a positive twist to it. I look at the apple rewards like the weather - - if you don't like it, wait a bit, it will change ;)

I am however not in the same boat as you with an abundance of apples and cash though. There are still things on the farm that cost a lot of cash, and I find many ways to spend it. IMO, the apples was a terrible loss to players, as there is no way to purchase the same rewards we used to win at an event. But, that aside, I still find much to purchase with them, and never seem to have enough for everything I want. I suppose I was spoiled getting so many prizes from varying events, and now feel like my paycheck was cut in 1/2 and trying to figure out what I can live without. But, that happens IRL too, so I adjust, best I can.

I love houseplants and have many, but for some reason I have never done well with succulents. I can somehow manage to kill them off in less than a year. :'-(
    I have just one more question please. I'm loaded with apples, billions of dollars, millions of obsidian dollars, whatever other currencies are and there is no way I can spend them. I don't like a new range of apple reward choice (don't want and don't need any of them. I have no intention to upgrade my lab: they might say again that it was a disbalance and change it like happened before. 50% solo missions on the UK server have not been fixed so sorry, I will always pass CCs. It used to be a strategy game I loved with all my heart! I used to buy gold every month until these destructive changes started to happen a couple of years before. The amount I spent in cash was not huge but it was regular. I could and can afford to buy gold now but no, thank you, I have lost a trust and interest. Non-stop the same events with no rewards back make this game a cul-de-sac: no passion for the game and no stimulus. Have seen a lot of good friends and strong players who quitted the game completely or just found a solo coop like me. You know why? Because the game is too boring and merchandised. There is no incentive and no strategy anymore. Sure my comment will not make any difference. On a positive side, I have enormously improved my succulent collection with very rare species and have more time for Netflix and money for Etsy/eBay I can thoroughly enjoy:)
    PS. Ads are annoying but my adblocker still work OK. It's like I go to Tesco to buy some cat food and they say you need to buy cabbages first but I don't want cabbages!

loved this new box that was placed as a prize in the championships, at least this change was good :)
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    if I am not mistaken the new box you are reffering to is from the CC and not from the reward center with apples
    with apples you can only buy boxes that have appearances and seeds 
    the one you say gives facillities and you are very very lucky to get a level 10 fertile field
    I only got apple trees and chickens  :(
    yeah, those new red boxes from CC sometimes do have really nice stuff in them, but other times it's just 1 more that will sit in my inventory because it's something I don't need &/or don't have room for

I bet they're really, really nice for lower level players though - it's  great prize for them !!!  :)
    As usual it started off ok with some Gold rewards to work for.  :) But like all the other event which use to supply Gold as rewards has gone the way of the dodo.  :s
    Thanks Yes that been suggested many times.  ;)
     Not the point, the point is we never had to worry about the ads.  :) There was none.  o:) Why should we have to modify our systems and set up just to play ??  :| We shouldn't have to!  >:)
  • As usual it started off ok with some Gold rewards to work for.  :) But like all the other event which use to supply Gold as rewards has gone the way of the dodo.  :s
     Not the point, the point is we never had to worry about the ads.  :) There was none.  o:) Why should we have to modify our systems and set up just to play ??  :| We shouldn't have to!  >:)

Let me give another suggestion then, AdGuard. Not only does AdGuard block ads it closes banners and give you back all of the space on your monitor.

The why is the same reason that you do it for any other web site you visit. Ads and banner ads can contain malicious code particularly since the website owner doesn't get to vet the ads that are presented. A mis-click can download malware, password hijackers, browser hackers, and other computer viruses that can cost you much more than deciding not to modify your system. Even though we shouldn't have to do that either.
    I totally agree with you, but apparently we're not getting squeezed enough.

I hope that these responses will be passed on one-on-one to the responsible people who make these kinds of decisions. At some point, the players drop out, perhaps they don't realize this yet.
  • yeah, those new red boxes from CC sometimes do have really nice stuff in them, but other times it's just 1 more that will sit in my inventory because it's something I don't need &/or don't have room for

I bet they're really, really nice for lower level players though - it's  great prize for them !!!  :)
    They are pretty great as a prize. We do try to get to at least one in CC, because they do help our new members. But I've received a L5 friendship meadow and co-op cherries from them, so they help everyone grow. So yes, thank you for that prize added.

Let me give another suggestion then, AdGuard. Not only does AdGuard block ads it closes banners and give you back all of the space on your monitor.

The why is the same reason that you do it for any other web site you visit. Ads and banner ads can contain malicious code particularly since the website owner doesn't get to vet the ads that are presented. A mis-click can download malware, password hijackers, browser hackers, and other computer viruses that can cost you much more than deciding not to modify your system. Even though we shouldn't have to do that either.
    And again you are suggesting we add another program just so we can play BF with out these awful adds always blocking the screen at the worst times possible!

And again you are suggesting we add another program just so we can play BF with out these awful adds always blocking the screen at the worst times possible!

Not at all. I'm suggesting that you use the same level of computer security to play Big Farm as you do to use any other part of the internet. If AdGuard isn't all ready part of your security suite you should really consider adding it.
    Thanks @Grandpa Squeak (US1) No AdGuard is not a part of my operating system.
     So Yes I would have to add it.  ;)
      I have a fine security set up with my operating system, which works fine for almost every thing I need it for.
     The boarder ads are not to bad to deal with but those actual in game ads that pop up covering almost the whole screen, asking us to PAY to rid our selves of seeing them for a whole whopping 30 Days!
     or covering a good % of a corner the limited play area "Have to Go".

Until then I do hope the rest of the farmers that decide to continue to play let the Admins know you are NOT happy with the "Improvements" they have added ie: The adds!!
     On your Main farm screen - top right corner - click the Blue speak cloud with the Red exclamation mark and submit Your opinions/suggestions!

My bottom line is I am not going to ad & or change to a special program just to play a game. No I will never spend money again with this company and or on their games.
     Soon I will just demolish my farms and donate as much as I can to the Co op I am currently in and be done with it. Shame as I have managed to get to know a lot of good folks here and will truly miss them once I leave.

And thanks for the abuse flags Folks  :s Very kind of you to allow me to post my opinion ;)
    Flags removed

• Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    We came to discuss the amount of milk, (in the Coop) in the various cow stalls that we can buy for Golden Apples.
    It surprises me that the yield is different on two farms before we bought them? What am I overlooking? I have been sent pictures to compare and it is very strange.

I have sent a survey in Coopet to hear about what others have.
    But I might be overlooking something

The differences are the Workshop, with them just reducing the amount of feed? And of course difference in lvl. and Happiness

It is the Water Tower that affects the amount of feed

The workshop reduces the amount of materials need to produce

Have you compared Library Books?

Have you compared Library Books?

No, here it was :-) Thank you!
  • karadok (PL1)karadok (PL1) PL1 Posts: 1,122
    Also badges and bonuses from decorations and union could affect the amount of milk.
    But.....
    I thought the amount was only affected when the building was on the farm, and not until I bought it. :|
    My mistake, which I had overlooked, at least with the library book
    @alex(BR1)

They have often put the same item twice in the same apple currency (catalyst for example almost always is listed twice), each offered at a different cost. Usually the offer that's limited to 1 purchase is the better price, but then they offer more of that item at a higher price.

A month later, the algae are still on the side of the silver apples and have never returned to the golden apples. The golden apples left over and the silver ones running out :(
    @alex(BR1)
    This sounds like it's just your preference on what to purchase.
    I usually run out of golden apples well before I run out of silver ones, and often don't have enough to purchase all I want - - but I choose more than just seaweed items to purchase.
    If seaweed is all you want, one idea is - - the legendary catalyst is still in the golden apple side, and can be used in an upgraded lab used to make gold and gold mining licenses, that can then be used to purchase more seaweed items.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file