Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Forum Button was moved out of main spot & Discord put in it's place??

Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
I almost thought that I could no longer log into the Forum pages, As I went to click on the Button that I thought was Forum for so many years, is now Discord Button, I finally found the forum Button in My game down the list of game option's So was there some kind of New's that the Forum button was going to be moved that I did not see?
Also for player's who do not use Discord, is there a way for them to keep the Forum button where it was?

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 02.08.2022
    Second paragraph of the update  Yee-haw for Horse Season!

As you say it is in the drop down menu now

I think it is unlikely to change in any way
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Second paragraph of the update  Yee-haw for Horse Season!

As you say it is in the drop down menu now

I think it is unlikely to change in any way
    Aww that is not good then but thank you Rosy for letting Us know that it can't be changed back, much appreciated.
  • Discord you have to create an id.....thought the forum was being replaced.  Happy it isn't.
  • Not happy either. Replaced a feature I use 2-3 times a week with one I'll never use and don't want.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1) the forum button is still there:  just moved

• Thanks @RosyStarling. I know. That's how I got here. I have issues with Discord and Discord has problems of its own that I wish to avoid. My problem is the same as always. I'm visually impaired and the icons are tiny and hard to see. I also suspect that without an announcement in other places many forum users are now orphaned from the forums simply because they don't know and may not think to check inside the options menu and they won't be able to get here to learn what happened.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thanks @RosyStarling. I know. That's how I got here. I have issues with Discord and Discord has problems of its own that I wish to avoid. My problem is the same as always. I'm visually impaired and the icons are tiny and hard to see. I also suspect that without an announcement in other places many forum users are now orphaned from the forums simply because they don't know and may not think to check inside the options menu and they won't be able to get here to learn what happened.
    I am not a fan of discord either. I understand it's widely used by gamers, but I had never looked at it until they opened it here in this game. I too find it difficult to read, and also difficult to find anything there. I admit, I haven't spent much time there to get familiar with it - but I can't even figure out how to change the background & text colors and I can't deal reading it with how they are due to my vision.

On this topic (but unrelated to BigFarm), who ever named that app??? I mean, it's supposed to be used for people to talk & hang out, but the literal definition of discord is "lack of agreement or harmony", basically it means disagreement, friction, conflict, bicker, squabble ..... these things I do not find fun, or an enjoyable way to communicate with others. I just find it an odd name for the app ;)

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Thanks @RosyStarling. I know. That's how I got here. I have issues with Discord and Discord has problems of its own that I wish to avoid. My problem is the same as always. I'm visually impaired and the icons are tiny and hard to see. I also suspect that without an announcement in other places many forum users are now orphaned from the forums simply because they don't know and may not think to check inside the options menu and they won't be able to get here to learn what happened.
    I am not a fan of discord either. I understand it's widely used by gamers, but I had never looked at it until they opened it here in this game. I too find it difficult to read, and also difficult to find anything there. I admit, I haven't spent much time there to get familiar with it - but I can't even figure out how to change the background & text colors and I can't deal reading it with how they are due to my vision.

On this topic (but unrelated to BigFarm), who ever named that app??? I mean, it's supposed to be used for people to talk & hang out, but the literal definition of discord is "lack of agreement or harmony", basically it means disagreement, friction, conflict, bicker, squabble ..... these things I do not find fun, or an enjoyable way to communicate with others. I just find it an odd name for the app ;)

You can change the background theme to dark/light mode in your settings under "visual appearance/graphics" category.

• Thanks @RosyStarling. I know. That's how I got here. I have issues with Discord and Discord has problems of its own that I wish to avoid. My problem is the same as always. I'm visually impaired and the icons are tiny and hard to see. I also suspect that without an announcement in other places many forum users are now orphaned from the forums simply because they don't know and may not think to check inside the options menu and they won't be able to get here to learn what happened.

Indeed. I clicked on the button without realizing that it wasn't actually taking me to the forums. Its took me to the discord signup page and my antivirus program went off. I got a warning for a potential virus attack, a potential malware attack, and I got a popup that told me that 3 separate tracking attempts had been blocked.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file