Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Discussion: The Future Is Here: Ready For The Farmer’s Union?

Comments

• Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    Hi Folks,  Have completed Level1 of this event and Level2 remains Locked??  Keeping my fingers crossed! ..  I hope this is not another problem??
  • Heartland (AU1)Heartland (AU1) AU1 Posts: 192
    That is the Farmers Union BTW
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 19.07.2022
    Apologies if I missed someone else already asking this question or if it is posted somewhere, but any idea on what TFU points will be used for? Other than leveling up of course...
  • zebra5 (US1)zebra5 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    If I'm reading it correctly, I need to earn 2000 Union Points to unlock level 2.  But having finished level 1 with a whopping 302 points, and no clear way to earn more, I'm not sure it will ever be unlocked.

Do any mods have information on this?  It sure would be neat if GGS would actually release instructions with new events!
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 20.07.2022
    I think that's all they're used for. Have not seen nor heard of any other purpose (maybe sort of like XP)
    edited 24.07.2022
    Hi @zebra5 (US1)    :)

This appears like it will be a slow process, sort of like increasing levels in the achievements area takes time.

There is more information about this Farmer's Union in the update discussion thread here;
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/216695/discussion-the-future-is-here-ready-for-the-farmer-s-union/p2

as for the 2,100 points needed to upgrade to level 2, there are 3 ways to get points;

- free points to "collect" daily in the TFU (increases up to 30 pts/day if you collect every day)
    and the free "veteran farmer" points in the same area that will be offered twice (day one and again in 2 weeks .... currently have no info if there will be more of these later or not)

- buy 210 from the apple trader for 6,000 golden apples (current limit 1)

- buy them in a bundle from the game shop

Good luck !

EDIT - it looks like these notes got moved / transferred into the discussion thread that I had linked. So yes, this link does now circle back to the same thread we are in
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
    @Heartland (AU1) 
    We need to collect 2,100 Union Points in order to get to level 2.
    Completing the collection tasks just earns the rewards listed next to them, they do no reward Union Points.
    Could it be that you just completed the collection tasks  but have not yet earned enough points to level up?

These points will be slow to get at only 'up to 30' a day for free, and only 210 for golden apples a week. That is, unless a player chooses to purchase them from the game shop, then they can be instantaneous.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Heartland (AU1)   I moved you to the discussion thread on the Farmers Union

We'll update you with information as and when we get it

Sophie Zee Catz has made a tutorial with what we know at  the moment

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/pt/discussion/comment/4402856/#Comment_4402856
  • where are the instructions on how to play the Farmers Union?
  • sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    there aren't.
    The Farmers Union is an event for individuals. It's a bit like collecting experience points 
    + rewards for logging in daily.
    It is available from player level 2. It has 13 levels.
    To advance to level 2 you need 2 things: complete the first 5 quests and collect 2100 
    relationship points.

how do you get points:
    1 / free daily points - depending on how often you collected points in the last 7 days. 
    That's 2-30 points.
    2 / reward points for experienced farmers - some at once, some for 14 days
    3 / by buying points for golden apples
    4 / purchase from a game store for real money
    edited 20.07.2022
    @davidharrell (US1)   I moved you to discussion on the Farmers Union.

If you read the thread there is a lot of information including a link to tutorial written by our Portuguese Mod Sophie Zee Catz 

As I said earlier as we get more information we will add to it 
  • So basically this whole scheme is just another GGS money grab
    So basically this whole scheme is just another GGS money grab

I see it as inline with most areas of this game, it's basically patience or cash, each player can choose :)
    If anyone is curious, the method of calculating Veteran Farmer points in TFU has been discovered (not by me, I'm just sharing). These are the lump sum points each player got at the start and will get again in 14 days;

# of years playing = 100 points for each year since registration
    100 points for each 100 farm level bracket  (farm levels 100-199 = 100 pts, 200-299 = 200 pts, etc.) 
    add those together and divide by 2 = Veteran Farmer points

So, for example, a player that started in the year 2014 = 8 years = 800 pts
    if farm is level 329 that = 300 pts
    800 + 300 = 1100
    1100 / 2 = 550
    This player would have rec'd 550 pts.

Not that this is super useful information, just sharing to answer if anyone else was curious ;)
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Thank you @Heather Norsk (US1) for this information. :)
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Yeah, I am pretty much thinking it's just remembering to go in each day & collect the points that will be the only change I will make. I need to figure out how to best force myself to make this a new habit.
    Most collection tasks will complete themselves with normal farming by the time I can collect enough points, so for me, there's not much to do in the collections area, except accept the rewards once they're completed (an icon will appear on the left side under the task bar when a task is completed - that's so nice).
    I'm looking at about 5 seconds a day to collect points, otherwise, not much to do (IMHO).

But players who want all those new permanent boosters, do have the choice of buying them, as with most aspects of this game. Use time, or cash, it's an individual's choice :)
    Thank you Heather for the info
    many of my teammates wanted to know how exactly someone got these points and what was the reason for the different amount of points someone had 

edited 22.07.2022
    "How to get points Part 2

It's based on how often you`ve collected points the past 7 days: - If you've collected points in 0 out of 7 days: 2 Points (As for every player on Day Zero) That will accumulate every day, if you collect every day On Day 8, if you've collected points every single day for the past 7 days, you'll receive 30 points If you do it like this every day and miss no single day, you'll always get the maximum of 30 points

Let's say you've collected 7 days in a row but you don't collect today: Tomorrow, the game will say that you're at 6/7 because you didn't collect yesterday The next day it will be 6/7 with the info that you didn't collect the day before yesterday etc. until the missing day isn't within the last 7 days anymore"

• worm (GB1)worm (GB1) GB1 Posts: 0
    hello farming friends

i think it is great to have a new farmers' union

i feel sad that there is no space yet for a "afro-caribbean" member of the team

an opportunity missed to make fun farming an inclusive experience for one and all

be safe and happy
  • Kimad (US1)Kimad (US1) US1 Posts: 13
    I finished leverl 1 . ineed over 1600 points to unlock level 2. That will take several weeks. Waste of time. 

• sue1 (AU1)sue1 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 193
    I finally worked out why we got that really annoying pig on the WoF.  It's to distract us from the really bad prizes.  Good thinking !
  • littlejimmie (US1)littlejimmie (US1) US1 Posts: 0
    edited 31.07.2022
    Hi All, a couple of questions on the Farmers union
    When you get all 5 task done on level 1 Do you then go to level 2, or do you have to wait days to get to level 2?
    Where are we getting extra points other then points each day?
    I have finished all 5 task for level 1 but it has I still need 13,000 points I don't understand it.
     Any answers would be appreciated.

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    edited 31.07.2022
    @littlejimmie (US1)

Hi there . You posted this in the German forum so I brought you to the English language forum

If you read through the thread you will find quite a lot on how this works

Sophie Zee Catz has made a tutorial with what we know at  the moment  HERE

The 2 How To's from GGS are   HERE  and HERE

• sigma957 (US1)sigma957 (US1) US1 Posts: 11
    The animations for stuff from mystery boxes make it way too slow to open them. I don't have time to click, .... wait.... then click again. Make it fast, please. 
    And please update missions with things from other farms. Missions are the same thing over and over and over again. Ask for donkeys, or fish, or almonds. Anything different!
    The animations for stuff from mystery boxes make it way too slow to open them. I don't have time to click, .... wait.... then click again. Make it fast, please. 
    And please update missions with things from other farms. Missions are the same thing over and over and over again. Ask for donkeys, or fish, or almonds. Anything different!
    I completely agree with the mystery boxes, but disagree on the missions for donkeys, fish or almonds - I say no thank you to those ;)
    For missions changes, I would rather see jam removed or at least changed to just any sort of jam (similar to feed missions). 
  • CyberJohn (RO1)CyberJohn (RO1) RO1 Posts: 643
    I agree with the mystery boxes. They take ages to open. Why make it so complicated? 
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    edited 01.08.2022
    I completely agree with the mystery boxes, but disagree on the missions for donkeys, fish or almonds - I say no thank you to those ;)
    For missions changes, I would rather see jam removed or at least changed to just any sort of jam (similar to feed missions). 
    I agree re: the WoF. Having to wait for the hoopla to die down before we get our (yawn) humus is a ridiculous waste of time. We asked some time ago for the boxes to open faster, and this is their response?

As for adding other things from other farms to missions, I am against it. I hate bouncing from farm to farm for missions as it is. Fish would never work, for obvious reasons, as we'd have to hold off on harvesting to wait for a mission. Fish are far too valuable for this.

And I too would like to see jam removed.

What I'd like to see is to have some of the more valuable rewards restored. Yes, apples are useful, and we can buy some of the items we want with them, but it gets boring when it's mostly apples or low-level rewards. Mix in a GML once in awhile. As it stands now, there is no real incentive to do better. This goes for all events. Mostly apples makes it seem like we're husting for just a paycheck. 
    Post edited by artful (US1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @artful (US1)  I agree completely with all your points
  • So all those "union points" I won in the Wheel of Fortune don't go towards the union points you need to go to the next level?  Maybe I read it wrong and those aren't union points.  I've won well over the amount of union points to advance, but maybe I'm reading something wrong?  HAHA  I just repeated myself.
  • Pookie89 (US1)Pookie89 (US1) US1 Posts: 29
    Question...
    I reached level 2 this morning and have completed a couple of the tasks... in particular, the Benny Buddler task which I understand should have given me an additional 3% output on my Main farm windmills.  I have produced feed since completing this task and am not seeing any visible benefit from having attained this task - no change in feed production amounts; ie, I saw, right away, the additional 3% output I received on other tasks from level 1 (3% output on both fields and stables).  Am I misunderstanding what this task is offering me?

My apologies, in advance, if this is not posted in the correct thread.  :)
    @Pookie89 (US1)

The maths is a bit too much for me. Fortunately I know someone who can to the maths

FelixtheXth (DE mod)

"The mill, the silo and the composter do not visibly benefit so much, because when you have a booster running - from the farmer's union or a treat or the booster board - it is rounded to the next full unit. 

I take arbitrary numbers here to make it obvious: Let's say the booster board gives you +10% on your Chicken feed, the treat adds 15% and the farmer's union 3%.

All of these values are calculated from the base value. So you would get 10% from base value of 10, which is 1. Then you would get 15% from a treat which is 1.5, therefore rounded to 2. Then you would get 3% from the farmer's union which is 0.3, which would be rounded to 1. But in that case, we have 0.5 still missing from the 1.5 before we round it. So the game takes 1.8 instead and rounds that to 2. These numbers would lead to a total of +3 per chicken feed cycle, no matter if the farmer's union 3% are considered or not.!"

Sign In to comment.