Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Discussion: The Future Is Here: Ready For The Farmer’s Union?

Comments

• visboer (NL1)visboer (NL1) NL1 Posts: 39
    please throw away the update wof in settings i switch off animation so i can play the game and now you put animations wich i cann't switch off.

start working on issues that matters and stop those stupid updates
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    You can not read the text either. 2 wheels of fortune from HF and one from Tessa.

Also reported back
  • Wondering how his ears protrude from the hat with the rims unaffected? Stupid update. Guess next stage we will have all human workers being replaced by mutant pigs with moustache naked down

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    edited 09.07.2022
    ok.. i wrote something about the farm lab but .. i think its wrong 
    they changed the way everyting shows so.. it confused me 
    now it doesnt show how long it lasts, only the time it needs to be ready, confusing really 
    it should be written in the information but I dont see it

Post edited by Jenny1979 (GR1) on
  • Well, personally I hate the pig on the WOF, the previous guy had just the right amount of oilyness of a carny and I do miss him. Instead of changing things that worked or looked better why not "fix" something that just grinds my butt - the numbers issue!  Every where in the game one had to fiddle around with trying to input a number by moving the curser back and forth. There is no way to just type in a number. This can't be that hard to fix and it should be fixed before unwanted changes. Maybe before doing some of these unwanted changes do a poll to see what people want fixed or changed. Run things by the players forst.
  • Not only is the WOF a pointless change, but opening the reward boxes now takes ages as you wait for the reward to 'pop' up. They were annoyingly slow before, but now it's even more irritating. This game is mostly played by adults, We don't need gimmicky cartoon animations, truly.
  • ok.. i wrote something about the farm lab but .. i think its wrong 
    they changed the way everyting shows so.. it confused me 
    now it doesnt show how long it lasts, only the time it needs to be ready, confusing really 
    it should be written in the information but I dont see it

I do agree with you that that change was pretty bad, I really don't understand why they had to do it, besides making it a bit easier to scroll. But if you hover your mouse over the info buttons of the Farm laboratory unique catalysts boosters, it will tell you how much the % boost amount is, but yeah, they removed the length of the booosters, even though they all last for 1H, it's pretty inconvenient for any new/er players :(
  • Please can you remove the update from the various wof, it really is buggy and messes up my game completely
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Sandie White (GB1) said:. This game is mostly played by adults, We don't need gimmicky cartoon animations, truly.
    AMEN !
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    On this new Farmer's Union - can you (mods) say if there is a minimum farm level a player has to be, or is it open to everyone from the start?  Thanks :)
    Looking forward to this tomorrow !
  • Looks interesting, if I could see it! It needs to be bigger, the writing is too small for me. A lot of older people play this game, I am sure I am not the only one.
    edited 19.07.2022
    @Heather Norsk (US1)

What level do players need to participate? Level 2: Right after the Tutorial, they'll be able to start

How many levels are there? At the moment, there are 13 level

How to get the points

Buying in the In Game Shop

Daily free point collection --> 2 - 30 points, depending on how often you collected points during the previous 7 days

2x Veteran farmer reward
    --> for players who were already registered before TFU began
    --> Player can collect 2x points (1x directly when TFU launches, 1x after 14 days)
    --> You are able to find them in the "Free daily points" 
    Those points are based on two factors: Year of player's registration and player's level at the time TFU starts

Buyable for golden apples in the reward shop (limited: 1x per shop reset at the moment)

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Looks interesting, if I could see it! It needs to be bigger, the writing is too small for me. A lot of older people play this game, I am sure I am not the only one.

You're not.  I have a pair of magnifying eye glasses to see close up.  They are also useful for reading books along with the fine print on pill bottles  :D .
  • @maxiiroy actually I have a pair of those for reading, but I would prefer not to use them for the computer as well.  I have increased the font size for my typing which helps a lot, but the writing on the farmers union is beyond the pale too small.
  • Are the boosters permanent?
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    edited 19.07.2022
    There is nothing I can find explaining what the heck the 'union points' are for. (Something to do with boosters, I think)
    It looks like something individual, so what is the 'union' part?
    Post edited by GrammaLeah (US1) on
  • Are the boosters permanent?
    And are they cumulative, i.e. if we win 3% then 4% does it become 7% or does the 4% replace the 3%?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Are the boosters permanent?
    And are they cumulative, i.e. if we win 3% then 4% does it become 7% or does the 4% replace the 3%?
    Good question.  I will ask the team. :)
  • everyone will be able  to get these boosters sooner or later, doesn't that sort of devalue things?
    edited 19.07.2022
    @GrammaLeah (US1)

Click View All to see your team members

They are BF characters like Vicky Ventura
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I guess I posted before I hunted about enough, sorry about that.

The workers that give boosters have levels also. You can slide through to look at the rewards for all 13 levels of The Farmer's Union (TFU) and see that each worker starts at 3% boost, but when you earn a higher level of the worker they instead give 6%. As of now, the workers have max level of 5 with a 15% boost.

I would assume based on other aspects of the game, that if we otherwise have another % boost on something (for example made from the lab or won in an event), that they would stack.  Hope a mod can clarify this last part for us, but that's my best assumption based on how other multiple boosters work currently
  • what do you do when you have finished the first level, I must be missing something? The next lot are still locked.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    So once we finish with L 1, is there any harvesting we can do to earn the Farmer's union points? Or do we just have to wait until we can buy more or get more free points? I am trying to unlock L 2, hopefully we don't have to wait for the two listed in order to advance
    Completing the tasks only gives the reward listed, there are no collection tasks that will earn points.
    My current understanding is the next level will be unlocked once the required points have been obtained.

The only 3 ways to get points are what Rosy listed above;

- free points to "collect" daily in the TFU (increases up to 30 pts/day if you collect every day)
    and the free "veteran farmer" points in the same area that will be offered twice (day one and again in 2 weeks .... currently have no info if there will be more of these later or not)

- buy 210 from the apple trader for 6,000 golden apples (current limit 1)

- buy them in a bundle from the game shop. There are bundles that include Union points in all cost ranges.

Just collecting the free ones, estimate to take about 2-1/2 months to get the 2,100 pts needed to get to level 2.
    If you buy the 210 from the trader each time (if they're available every time), might be more like 4-5 weeks.
    Buying the points can be immediate. The $19.99 bundle includes 3,000 points if anyone is eager to get to level 2 immediately. I am assuming that, like other parts of this game, each level will require more & more points, so I expect this to be a slow progression, sort of like a variation of the achievements area (the only difference is going in each day to collect the free daily points).
  • Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
    edited 19.07.2022
    The workers that give boosters have levels also. You can slide through to look at the rewards for all 13 levels of The Farmer's Union (TFU) and see that each worker starts at 3% boost, but when you earn a higher level of the worker they instead give 6%. As of now, the workers have max level of 5 with a 15% boost.

I would assume based on other aspects of the game, that if we otherwise have another % boost on something (for example made from the lab or won in an event), that they would stack.  Hope a mod can clarify this last part for us, but that's my best assumption based on how other multiple boosters work currently
    Thank you. I didn't explore far enough :smiley: Great info and great answer, I'll explore more.
    Yes, I finished the L1 tasks too, so I guess it's now just wait until one earns enough points?
    I like that everyone can eventually obtain the boosters. But of course that sets us up for it being taken away again, like the badges and other things one could work for.
    Post edited by Bennet Drake (US1) on
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Thank you Heather for the info!  I think I will pass on the $ bundle purchases for now. This will take a while :smiley:
    edited 19.07.2022
    Yeah, I am pretty much thinking it's just remembering to go in each day & collect the points that will be the only change I will make. I need to figure out how to best force myself to make this a new habit.
    Most collection tasks will complete themselves with normal farming by the time I can collect enough points, so for me, there's not much to do in the collections area, except accept the rewards once they're completed (an icon will appear on the left side under the task bar when a task is completed - that's so nice).
    I'm looking at about 5 seconds a day to collect points, otherwise, not much to do (IMHO).

But players who want all those new permanent boosters, do have the choice of buying them, as with most aspects of this game. Use time, or cash, it's an individual's choice :)
  • Thank you
Sign In to comment.