Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Shorter Events

I understand that shorter events mean more events can be squeezed in so GGS can make more money.

But really? 2 day HWE and 4 day GDW???

Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 3,244
    This feedback has already been passed on

Happy to have more voices added ... either way

• Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 9,561
    I understand that shorter events mean more events can be squeezed in so GGS can make more money.

I have to agree with Bennett "Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game."

• Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 314

I have to agree with Bennett "Looks like they're deliberately trying to "kill" the game."
    Agree, but sadly  >:) 
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 102
    I think we could use a wait and see attitude before jumping to conclusions.  Yes, the events are shorter this time, but I'd like to see if this is a trend.  It might be possible that GGS is just trying to make adjustments for the gaming calendar.  Also, I'm not clear how GGS makes more money with shorter events--I'm pretty consistent across days with my effort in the events I participate in.

Personally, I don't care how long the events go for, or when they start and stop, I'll play either way.  I would prefer fewer events, though.

Just my 2 cents.

Thank you farmerjohn_22 (US1) for the beautiful picture!
  • So many events...so little time!  I just pick and choose which ones I'm going to play seriously.  Back in the good ol' days, the cooperative championship was something like once a month!
    Yes, certainly remember those good old days when we had time to build our farms, take a break, come back refreshed. I do pick and choose too, but there are questions in my co-op to answer, people talking about burnout even though we don't play hard all the time. It is just going from an enjoyable, "relaxing" game to a constant barrage of events, with nary a word on why. So it's sad that one can't encourage those who are tired of it all with "don't worry, it'll get better."
  • Its simple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

no further comment !

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 5,648
    So many events...so little time!  I just pick and choose which ones I'm going to play seriously.  Back in the good ol' days, the cooperative championship was something like once a month!
    Yes, certainly remember those good old days when we had time to build our farms, take a break, come back refreshed. I do pick and choose too, but there are questions in my co-op to answer, people talking about burnout even though we don't play hard all the time. It is just going from an enjoyable, "relaxing" game to a constant barrage of events, with nary a word on why. So it's sad that one can't encourage those who are tired of it all with "don't worry, it'll get better."
    I also remember CC only once a month, those were definitely the good ole days in my opinion too. Back when there were at least a few weeks in-between temp farms too, among other things. When we could take a breather and replenish our farms in-between events. Sigh .... it was more relaxing then
  • I just wish they would bring back an Event Calendar so we could plan in advance what we are going to participate in. From searching it appears there used to be one, but it was removed by the GGS bean counters no doubt. Certainly seems to me that whoever is making these decisions is not doing so on behalf of those that actually play the game. 
    You hit the nail on the head there.
    I wonder if any of the developers even play. I doubt it. We have a new community spokesperson, how hard can it be to allow that person to inform us a little on WHY there is no attempt to allow players an enjoyable game? Just a simple "we're adjusting the events schedule to for the next few weeks, expect crazy event times" is not so hard.

So why do I stay with frustration level sky high? Simple - my co-op. If it was not for the friendships forged and the fun we have, I'd be long gone. Also, I've never spent a penny - I can imagine those who have are doubly frustrated, and I don't blame them for leaving in droves.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 990
    Last week the Tessa dream was one day longer than ususal.
    This week Gretha is 2 days shorter, if I should believe the timers. It started on Friday and now says it will run for another 40 hours. That would mean it stops at wednesday instead of thurday.
    Another mess......

[email protected]   /   Member of the Dutch coop "Zeeuwsche Unie" 

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 5,648
    I agree Kimmiecat, I hadn't noticed at 1st that Greta's DW is 2 days shorter than normal, it is really a mess :(
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 393
    They have to be joking, doing maintenance one hour before GDW ends, bad enough being ripped off for 2 days for the event

PLEASE PLEASE  PLEASE employ someone that knows what there doing
    george3 @ au 1

• Mat 48 (GB1)Mat 48 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 304
    So why do I stay with frustration level sky high? Simple - my co-op. If it was not for the friendships forged and the fun we have, I'd be long gone. Also, I've never spent a penny - I can imagine those who have are doubly frustrated, and I don't blame them for leaving in droves.
    Absolutely this!!!!
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 38
    a little update why we have to wait again?

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 102
    Last week the Tessa dream was one day longer than ususal.
    This week Gretha is 2 days shorter, if I should believe the timers. It started on Friday and now says it will run for another 40 hours. That would mean it stops at wednesday instead of thurday.
    Another mess......
    I am confused about these complaints.  I don't see there being a rule posted anywhere that the Dream Worlds will always last 7 days.  Everyone can see how long each one will last once they get started.  Also, it's not like it lasts 5 days for one person, 7 days for another, and 8 days for someone else, so it is all fair and we all have to work within what we have been given.

Same with the other events and their timings.

I say: just go with the flow.

Thank you farmerjohn_22 (US1) for the beautiful picture!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file