Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Keep my settings

Please fix having to enter my setting every time I logiin

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    They will stay IF you do not clear your cache

Many browsers automatically clear your cache on closing

Also, if you do not regularly clear your cache you will start to get game glitches

It is a fact of using a computer and nothing GGS can do about that
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I really don't understand that Rosy. I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before. There are some settings that do stay even after clearing cache (like gold spending limit notification), but other settings are cleared with cache. Why can't they all stay - even after clearing cache, just like that gold spending limit one?
  • I really don't understand that Rosy. I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before. There are some settings that do stay even after clearing cache (like gold spending limit notification), but other settings are cleared with cache. Why can't they all stay - even after clearing cache, just like that gold spending limit one?

It keeps gold setting as 1 but not the others - so fix my settings please.
    Fed up with having to enter them every time.

• Every other game I play keeps my settings.
    Keep my setting please.

• They will stay IF you do not clear your cache

Also, if you do not regularly clear your cache you will start to get game glitches

They should stay even IF I clear my cache - same as the gold setting does-  so stop feeding me BS Starling.

• They will stay IF you do not clear your cache

Send me the code - I'll put it right.
    I'm a programmer and a systems analyst - 15 min job.

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I really don't understand that Rosy. I'm pretty sure this topic has come up before. There are some settings that do stay even after clearing cache (like gold spending limit notification), but other settings are cleared with cache. Why can't they all stay - even after clearing cache, just like that gold spending limit one?
    I think you are referring to when they were not staying in the DW .... that was a bug that was fixed

I've shown this answer to the tech people and asked if my reply was correct

reply:

"yes you are right

some settings are stored by GGS devs in browser side

they get flushed once their local storage gets cleared, this can happen for wide variety of reasons including browser crash"

@Rusty Screws (GB1)  If you still doubt me contact SUPPORT with your full feed feedback

• I know what they do thanks Rosy Starling, and there is no need to do it.
    That's why it's so easy to fix.

It's somewhat childish to remove some settings and keep others isn't it?

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I have come to find that when I use Edge Browser, all my settings are saved (even the login/password info), but it is when I use the Vivaldi, Avast and Chrome browsers that settings are not saved including the login info.  So I have abandoned those other browsers for playing my Big Farm Game.  Check it out and see if it is true for you. :)  Just trying to be helpful. Oh yes, in addition, I have cleared cache/browser history for those browsers (Avast/Vivaldi/Chrome) and nothing changes. So again, Edge Browser is the way to go to enjoy the Big Farm game. 
  • I have come to find that when I use Edge Browser, all my settings are saved (even the login/password info), but it is when I use the Vivaldi, Avast and Chrome browsers that settings are not saved including the login info.  So I have abandoned those other browsers for playing my Big Farm Game.  Check it out and see if it is true for you. :)  Just trying to be helpful. Oh yes, in addition, I have cleared cache/browser history for those browsers (Avast/Vivaldi/Chrome) and nothing changes. So again, Edge Browser is the way to go to enjoy the Big Farm game. 
    Thanks Cli but I prefer Firefox - not so tied to big corps as the others, and I really don't want to use any more Microsoft info mining apps than I have to.

Are we on the same page?
    You're saying that your browser will keep your information - like whether you want game music, background sounds, high or low graphics, animation and notifications?
    I very, very much doubt it can since these are game controlled settings and that's what I'm talking about.
    Most decent browsers will save login details and such.
    Appreciate you trying to help - thanks.

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I have come to find that when I use Edge Browser, all my settings are saved (even the login/password info), but it is when I use the Vivaldi, Avast and Chrome browsers that settings are not saved including the login info.  So I have abandoned those other browsers for playing my Big Farm Game.  Check it out and see if it is true for you. :)  Just trying to be helpful. Oh yes, in addition, I have cleared cache/browser history for those browsers (Avast/Vivaldi/Chrome) and nothing changes. So again, Edge Browser is the way to go to enjoy the Big Farm game. 
    Thanks Cli but I prefer Firefox - not so tied to big corps as the others, and I really don't want to use any more Microsoft info mining apps than I have to.

Are we on the same page?
    You're saying that your browser will keep your information - like whether you want game music, background sounds, high or low graphics, animation and notifications?
    I very, very much doubt it can since these are game controlled settings and that's what I'm talking about.
    Most decent browsers will save login details and such.
    Appreciate you trying to help - thanks.

FarmerCli has a seemingly interesting workaround.  Have you tried it?
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 20.06.2022
    I think you are referring to when they were not staying in the DW .... that was a bug that was fixed

reply:

"yes you are right

they get flushed once their local storage gets cleared, this can happen for wide variety of reasons including browser crash"

@Rusty Screws (GB1)  If you still doubt me contact SUPPORT with your full feed feedback

No, I am not talking about DW, I am talking about the regular farm, the general settings tab where the gold confirmation setting stays even after clearing cache, but the fishing report does not (just as 2 examples, not a complete list on either side). The other issue that was brought up in this thread is the music and sound in the settings options area. There should be a way the devs can make it so that when a player changes them, the change sticks until the player chooses to change it again - or in other words, to make the changes permanent that don't reset when cache is cleared. Just to keep the game running smoothly, clearing cache is almost a necessity with this game, so it can be quite tedious to keep having to set our preferred settings several times a day.

We KNOW that your reply is correct, that it is currently set up that some settings are stored by GGS and others get flushed - we are asking why they can't all be stored & none flushed.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612

reply:

"yes you are right

No, I am not talking about DW, I am talking about the regular farm, the general settings tab where the gold confirmation setting stays even after clearing cache, but the fishing report does not (just as 2 examples, not a complete list on either side). The other issue that was brought up in this thread is the music and sound in the settings options area. There should be a way the devs can make it so that when a player changes them, the change sticks until the player chooses to change it again - or in other words, to make the changes permanent that don't reset when cache is cleared. Just to keep the game running smoothly, clearing cache is almost a necessity with this game, so it can be quite tedious to keep having to set our preferred settings several times a day.

We KNOW that your reply is correct, that it is currently set up that some settings are stored by GGS and others get flushed - we are asking why they can't all be stored & none flushed.
    It is not a bug that some options in settings are volatile, it is because they are stored in the client-side (browser-side) and user clearing cache/cache files being missing/local-storage being corrupt etc can lead to the chosen value being reset.

However, we will forward your suggestion to save it in server-side and to make it non-volatile.

Sign In to comment.