Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Adventurers Boat Rewards

Hey folks,

I've tried searching but cannot find any reference to actual rewards or the benefits of upgrading the Adventurers Boat. Since the demise of Catalysts, and my now almost constant struggle with special seeds, I'm finding the Coop Farm | Adventures Boat to be very useful now in keeping special seeds for hard to come by selections.

I'm in a coop with only 11 members, 9 of which are active but only two of us keep the Level 1 boat from disrepair and thus collect the personal rewards. It's not that much of a struggle to maintain but it does take a good number of edge plants that will reduce the field efficiency substantially, as you will be constantly required to keep edge plants. After reading other threads regarding the upgrade costs and subsequent repair costs, I cannot find any reference to the actual benefits of upgrading. I am assuming the personal rewards increase with the upgraded level, but I am not sure it will be worth all of the effort to gather 230k+ nails etc .. (that is a lot of nails !! heh), and then the effort to maintain it with only two of us seemingly participating. Anyone with a link of a table etc of what you can expect to receive would be most grateful.

Just as an aside, I've notice also that it is actually quite competitive  .. lol If I undertake most of the repairs, even if my coop partner completes those repairs, they will get no personal rewards and v/v. Seemingly it's first come first serve as to who actually gets the personal rewards based on the percentage of repairs undertaken. Just an observation. It would be interesting to see how the friendship meter scale actually works as far as contributing the items required to get the hull, stowage and cabin back to 0%. The friendship meter is apparently based on all contributions  and remembers very little of past efforts .. heh.

Comments

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Hey folks,

I've tried searching but cannot find any reference to actual rewards or the benefits of upgrading the Adventurers Boat. Since the demise of Catalysts, and my now almost constant struggle with special seeds, I'm finding the Coop Farm | Adventures Boat to be very useful now in keeping special seeds for hard to come by selections.

I'm in a coop with only 11 members, 9 of which are active but only two of us keep the Level 1 boat from disrepair and thus collect the personal rewards. It's not that much of a struggle to maintain but it does take a good number of edge plants that will reduce the field efficiency substantially, as you will be constantly required to keep edge plants. After reading other threads regarding the upgrade costs and subsequent repair costs, I cannot find any reference to the actual benefits of upgrading. I am assuming the personal rewards increase with the upgraded level, but I am not sure it will be worth all of the effort to gather 230k+ nails etc .. (that is a lot of nails !! heh), and then the effort to maintain it with only two of us seemingly participating. Anyone with a link of a table etc of what you can expect to receive would be most grateful.

Just as an aside, I've notice also that it is actually quite competitive  .. lol If I undertake most of the repairs, even if my coop partner completes those repairs, they will get no personal rewards and v/v. Seemingly it's first come first serve as to who actually gets the personal rewards based on the percentage of repairs undertaken. Just an observation. It would be interesting to see how the friendship meter scale actually works as far as contributing the items required to get the hull, stowage and cabin back to 0%. The friendship meter is apparently based on all contributions  and remembers very little of past efforts .. heh.
    I have found a Wiki site about the Adventurers' boat and rewards that might help you.
     https://bigfarm.fandom.com/de/wiki/Abenteuer-Boot
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Easy answer - DON'T DO IT !!!
    You get just one more item in the box and the repair costs go up by lots
  • Thank you Chickadee, that kinda helps explain a few other things, but it still doesn't really help in regards to the benefits of upgrading the boat. It gives me what it's going to cost to upgrade to the various levels, but doesn't explain what you get for doing so, not from what I can tell at least.

Frankly at this point, I'm inclined not to bother with the upgrade given how much more work it will require to repair the boat each time Captain Yarnacle returns, and that a personal reward box is not always guaranteed even if you contribute to the repairs. 
  • Easy answer - DON'T DO IT !!!
    LOL I was leaning that way and you read my mind as I posted .. heh.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Easy answer - DON'T DO IT !!!
    LOL I was leaning that way and you read my mind as I posted .. heh.
    To get the full Friendship box the Cabin must be below 10% damage and you must have filled your Friendship meter to the top. (not based on % of repairs at all)
  • From my coop's experience. The level 1 boat could be done by 2 dedicated players. We upgraded the boat to level 2 and it takes at least 6 of us to repair it and it changed the time at which the boat showed up for us which made it more of a problem. We decided not to take it to level 3.
  • ok thanks all, decision made, leave it at L1. My only remaining question regarding the Adventure's Boat, is .. it possible for more than 1 player to receive a  Friendship / Personal box at each visit. At the moment he is visiting twice a day, 8:00 am and pm. This is really confusing. What would motivate someone to help repair the boat if there is to be no hope of getting a personal box, cause frankly the team rewards are not exactly motivational.

From the wiki above, the Friendship Barometer only increases by donating the special products, however these special products only appear after the donation amount for the personal box is reached (25% of level). This speaking martian as far as I am concerned and makes no sense at all. and you have to exit out of the donation window in order to see where you are. I cannot find anywhere that states in plain speak what is going on here.

I can maintain the repairs and get the personal box on my own if need be, it's really not that difficult, but requires almost constant edge plants which is a pain in the neck, but if I want help, there has to be some form of reward other than the lackluster 3 rewards everyone would receive. 

I just need to know if more than one coop member can receive the personal box, and how that is done. Maybe it's just me, as I am feeling really stupid at present .. lol
    Many thanks, 

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Please don't feel stupid, we all worked through this at one point or another. Each farmer was clueless until they learned it too ;)

I think it was explained earlier, but upgrading the boat will give additional gifts from Yarnacle, but he requires more items to repair his boat each trip too. It will be difficult for few players to keep his boat consistently repaired once upgraded. Until you have more members working on it, it's probably best to keep it at level 1. (You might need to watch for players donating to upgrade it since the upgrade will start automatically once all requested items have been donated. If no one donates anything at all towards the upgrade in a 24hr time, there are "break costs" that are applied - meaning any donation category that is not completed will lose some of the items that have been donated. If you are trying to NOT upgrade, this can sometimes be a good thing - other times, it's not so nice - but this is a different topic)

As for the friendship meter;
    Once the repair areas are low enough that you can contribute to the friendship meter - - any and all co-op members that contribute enough to raise that friendship meter will get  the personal rewards box, there is no limit on the # of players that can get it

each player does not need to get an area (such as the hull or the cabin) down to less that 25% on their own - you all can collectively donate to to make Yarnacle happy. For example, if you donate enough to get the cabin to 25%, any other co-op member that goes to access the AB (Adventurer's Boat), will see it's already at 25%. Working together and everyone donating a bit, can really make keeping his repairs done each trip a lot easier. 

if you're interested & willing to look off-forum, I found some youtube videos about this boat.
    FarmerDeb has made several good videos about the game. Here is hers on the AB;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELzeYBNa2RA

To offer a variety & in case that one is missing any details, here is another. I admit I have not watched it entirely, it is all about the village and the AB portion starts around the 4 minute mark;
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIDurn6KYo

I hope this helps, but if you are still confused, please ask again :)

• Thank you so much Heather, I'll take a look and see if I can make heads or tails of it. Your explanation does give me hope however .. heh

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file