Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Cat Tree Disappointment

So I recently collected the 4.5 million hearts to get my cat tree up and running only to find out that you CANNOT upgrade it and it only gives +35 hp and +5 vh also I can only train my cat with 1 trick that gives 400 exp only.

Sure hope this is a bug that is in the process of being fixed cause I was under the impression that the cat tree would be like the dog house, that is you can level it up and the higher the level the better the gifts.

If this is not a bug and this is how the cat tree is going to be WARNING,garbage decorations half the size will give better stats than what you will get for completing this broken/bugged feature.

Comments

• JustMe (US1)JustMe (US1) US1 Posts: 491
    still have no cat on any farm and all my cat charm "wins" are for the main farm if what @RumbleBelly (US1) says pretty sad to wait to get a cat after months of collecting - still have not gotten my charms returned from the GF which was supposed to get fix "in the future" well that too has been months so I am not holding my breath 
  • Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268
    "Once your pretty kitty has made its home on your farm it will be able to perform a daily action (similar to the dog) for rewards. Initially there will only be a single level to the Cat Tree but we plan to add further levels and actions down the road."

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/162367/update-sept-28th-here-kitty-kitty-africa-to-the-deep-blue-sea#latest
  • archerbob (AU1)archerbob (AU1) AU1 Posts: 531
    edited 13.01.2018
    Yes once you have a cat it'll have kittens and you unlock the kitten pie recipe in the gourmet farm bakery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvOTWb9fpN8
  • Seeker1 (US1)Seeker1 (US1) US1 Posts: 571
    @archerbob (AU1)  that is funny, but sooo wrong.

My cat doesnt walk about the farm, it gets stuck at the decoration beside the cat tree.

• Southern (US1)Southern (US1) US1 Posts: 3,268

My cat doesnt walk about the farm, it gets stuck at the decoration beside the cat tree.

@Seeker1 (US1)

If I remember correctly, there was a bug that required 2 empty spaces in front of the Cat Tree in order for the cat to be able to escape from its perch and walk around. I don't know if they fixed that bug or not yet.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have heard from my cooperative leader and one of my cooperative members, who have both collected all of the main farm cat charms, that it does not give any gifts. One of them cannot even consistently train the cat. I have less than 330,000 cat charms to go until I have my main farm's cat completed. However, at the moment there is very little benefit of having the cat on our farms, I hope that we will soon have a greater benefit, considering all the effort that has to be put in to collect all the cat charms.
    edited 14.01.2018
    If we're using the dog house as a comparison:
    a level 5 dog house will provide rewards, "find a treasure." 

That being said... I suggest to GGS:  Please provide us with Cat levels 2 3 4 5 etc.
    I just fear those new levels will require cat charms as well, and waiting 4 months just to earn a level 1 cat was quite disappointing.  Imagine how many cat charms will be required for subsequent levels. :/
    edited 14.01.2018

@Seeker1 (US1)

If I remember correctly, there was a bug that required 2 empty spaces in front of the Cat Tree in order for the cat to be able to escape from its perch and walk around. I don't know if they fixed that bug or not yet.
    Oh... I didnt know it was an error.  Yeah, when i remove the wolf statue then the cat is free to roam about.  To me its funny cause it looks like my cat is stuck in the palm tree of the tropical cowshed. :)
    Post edited by Seeker1 (US1) on
  • Cat tree is a waste of time wish I never put it on my game as I cannot remove it. Really stupid system as any other building on the game can be removed so why not the Cat tree. Had 62000 hearts yesterday and on checking this morning all had disappeared. I would advise members not to build the Cat tree, the dog trainer is far better.
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 29.05.2022
    Cat tree is a waste of time wish I never put it on my game as I cannot remove it. Really stupid system as any other building on the game can be removed so why not the Cat tree. Had 62000 hearts yesterday and on checking this morning all had disappeared. I would advise members not to build the Cat tree, the dog trainer is far better.
    @Johnnybegood (GB1) The Cat Tree can be removed by simply demolishing it. I agree that it's basically worthless, but I've kept mine in the hopes that they would eventually add more levels. I've been waiting for 4 years now.  :/   

Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Cat tree is a waste of time wish I never put it on my game as I cannot remove it. Really stupid system as any other building on the game can be removed so why not the Cat tree. Had 62000 hearts yesterday and on checking this morning all had disappeared. I would advise members not to build the Cat tree, the dog trainer is far better.
    @Johnnybegood (GB1) The Cat Tree can be removed by simply demolishing it. I agree that it's basically worthless, but I've kept mine in the hopes that they would eventually add more levels. I've been waiting for 4 years now.  :/   

• I would very much like to hear from you as to how to demolish the cat tree. As far as I can see there is no mechanism in the game to demolish it in the same way as fields or stables are demolished. I have asked BG to remove it from my site.
    edited 29.05.2022
    @Johnnybegood (GB1) So when you click on the Cat Tree and then the tool icon in the wheel menu it doesn't show the bulldozer icon for demolishing? Mine shows up fine as the screenshot shows. 
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 30.05.2022
    @Johnnybegood (GB1)  Farmer John has shown you how to demolish it

He has put a red ring around the bulldozer icon that will demolish it

Another picture with blue showing it

Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • No bulldozer showing on my cat tree. There is one on my dog kennel and every other building on all my farms. Could be it only shows when all the hearts are collected and there is an actual cat installed which could take several weeks or months. Will not be paying out loads of gold just to get a cat. Just want the thing taking off my game.
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Yes, you have to finish building it to destroy it.  It takes several days/weeks, but you do not need to spend gold to do so.
    edited 30.05.2022
    @Johnnybegood (GB1)   You didn't mention that you hadn't built the Cat Tree yet so I just assumed you had. You can't demolish any building that you haven't built.  ;)
    Post edited by farmerjohn 22 (US1) on
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 30.05.2022

(but we plan to add further levels and actions down the road.").

Down the road? , it has been Year's and still nothing is done with the Cat Tree, so I will not hold My breathe for anything to be done bout it.

And as far as that Kittie Pie thing goes, I think it is horrible, I cringed when I saw him putting the kittens in the pie crust that is as far as I could watch before turning it off, I do not have cat's in My home cause I am allergic to them, but I still like them, I do not think there is no humor in what I saw in that video, but that is just Me I guess. :( , & I only clicked on that link  cause I thought it had to do with actual Cat Tree info not something that has nothing to do with Big Farm at all, I do not like violence against animal's nope.
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Cat tree is a waste of time wish I never put it on my game as I cannot remove it. Really stupid system as any other building on the game can be removed so why not the Cat tree. Had 62000 hearts yesterday and on checking this morning all had disappeared. I would advise members not to build the Cat tree, the dog trainer is far better.

I have the cat houses on all three of my farms.  I got them when they first came out.  It took forever to get all the charms.  Do you remember when a mistake happened and all the charms we collected were just like gone.......had to start over again.
  • auntbea (US1)auntbea (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I collected all those hearts but didn;t recieve the money for doing so? Help?
    I collected all those hearts but didn;t recieve the money for doing so? Help?
    @auntbea (US1) The cat charms you collect don't give you any money. You only collect them to get enough to build a Cat Tree. Takes a very long time to get enough to build it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file