Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Notification Box Question

Katonic (AU1)Katonic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 13
Why won't the area in the new Notification Box won't be permanent when I uncheck the Boxes for "Show Notifications" and "Show Fishing Report" and then log out of my farm to then log back in?  It was permanent when I unchecked the "the New Building System".  I have logged back into my farm several time and that "New Building System" remains unchecked, but the other boxes that I unchecked get "rechecked" again when I log back into my farm.  If it works for one then why not the others? By the way, I am using Avast Brower, but it also happens when I use Vivaldi Browser. I really, really dislike those fishing notifications about how much fish I lost (especially since at the point of harvest I can do nothing about it).  I would rather just harvest and not be concerned about the losses.

1, When I first log on to my farm.  I then uncheck the Notification boxes.

2, My Unchecked "nofication boxes: Then I log off and see (#3 when I log back in)

3. These Notification Boxes are rechecked.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Did you clear your cache? or set your browser to auto clear?

If so that would remove these settings

We did have a problem with the new Build setting not sticking but that was fixed.

Currently there are no other reports of other settings resetting
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I think the question is, why every other setting on this screen remains even after clearing cache, but these 2 boxes (notifications & fishing report) do not. Perhaps this is more of a suggestion, asking if they can be set to stick until manual changed, just like the other choices on this screen?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I think the question is, why every other setting on this screen remains even after clearing cache, but these 2 boxes (notifications & fishing report) do not. Perhaps this is more of a suggestion, asking if they can be set to stick until manual changed, just like the other choices on this screen?
    Yes, Heather, I do believe you are right. I will ask about it.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    They are actually set on the client side means on your browser side, so they get changed whenever you refresh cache
    BugsBunny said:
    They are actually set on the client side means on your browser side, so they get changed whenever you refresh cache
    @BugsBunny,  I understand that the notifications and fishing report are on the client side & do get changed whenever we refresh cache.
    But, the other items on this screen such as animations, weather effects, quality, and gold confirmations are not ... because when we refresh cache those settings remain how we had set them. 
    The question is, can GGS also set the notifications and fishing report to stick & not change when we clear cache, just like the gold confirmation and other items on this screen?
  • This is a very good question as I too have found it rather annoying to have to turn it off every session.
    We've had quite a discussion over this

I have animations off and that resets to the default tick when I clear my cache

Quality ... something has to be ticked unlike in General where mine are all blank - high is default

Gold confirmation  tick of 250 is the default 

When you clear cache Notification boxes resets to the default of both ticked

So when you clear your cache it resets to defaults  ... we think 

The feedback has been passed on 

• Not sure about this Rosie. I changed my gold confirmation to 10 some time ago to warn of errant button pushings .. heh, and that has survived more than several cache clearings and remains at 10, however the notification boxes do not. Nether does turning off music or sound.
  • Yeah I clear cache almost daily but my settings stay put. Gold lock, no fishing reports, no music, etc. Google Chrome browser. So it can be done.
  • I'm using Microsoft Edge .. hmmm .. but I do clear EVERYTHING but passwords when I clear browser data. Will have to investigate further.
  • I have a race every morning, to try and turn the music off before the pop ups stop me, I usually lose.
    LOL - I lost to that race every day too, I finally just mute the whole computer then unmute when I can get to it ;)
    That is my strategy too!!  Mute the computer :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file