Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Large Organic Market Contract Requests

I was wondering what the largest quantity anyone has even seen in an organic market contract is? This is the something like largest one I have had, which is asking for over 400,000 milk.

Comments

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    I think for me was first contract with high

https://prntscr.com/26qbujq 
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
  • OMG ! That would take me years to satisfy lol
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    My current policy is that if the contract wants jam, I decline it    :¬D
    (no sign of it dropping me below lvl 99)
    OMG ! That would take me years to satisfy lol
    I declined it. I am actually declining all 2 item contracts now except if they have a lot of milk or apples and one other item that is easy to fill as I am preferring to just focus on the 1 item contracts now.

I've had this order for well over 3 months, I ran out of pineapple, so it's taking me longer to fill the jam. Milk is usually the highest amount over everything else I get, It'll get filled eventually  ;)  
    Very nice. That is the new one to beat. :smile:

My current policy is that if the contract wants jam, I decline it    :¬D
    (no sign of it dropping me below lvl 99)
    I only accept the contract if it is apricot jam which I produce a lot of. So far I have only accepted one contract with apricot jam. I think I also did one with apple jam before and that is it from what I recall.
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    Hi Everyone, I also have an extra large contract to fill with pineapple jam. The payout being 222,003,850. Are there any boosters or what-nots available for these factories?
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    No boosters that I am aware of SandiOne, just the 15% or 25% charms from other players.

I also decline most all jam contracts, and focus on the 1 or 2 item contracts only (like Mollie said, since Lester can help with only 1 item, it makes sense). Although, even though my organic market contracts were all up there, for just the $ reason of Lester, I at one point started declining all 3-6 item contracts there too. Now in both markets, only the 1-2 item contracts are at level 99.

I have not seen one as high or higher than what ninjahuman or Mollie has posted.
  • SandiOne (US1)SandiOne (US1) US1 Posts: 153
    No boosters that I am aware of SandiOne, just the 15% or 25% charms from other players.

I also decline most all jam contracts, and focus on the 1 or 2 item contracts only (like Mollie said, since Lester can help with only 1 item, it makes sense). Although, even though my organic market contracts were all up there, for just the $ reason of Lester, I at one point started declining all 3-6 item contracts there too. Now in both markets, only the 1-2 item contracts are at level 99.

I have not seen one as high or higher than what ninjahuman or Mollie has posted.
    Thanks for your reply Heather, much appreciated. I agree I usually only do contracts that ask for one specific item but the payout for me on this jam mission is worth it.
    I know what you mean. I'm not trying to say that the payout isn't worth the jam input, I just think of the time it takes to fill the contract as well. Someone earlier said they were working on a contract for 3 months - imagine how many other contracts could have been filled in that time, and that is what drives me to delete the jam ones that will take so long to fill. It's just my preference ;)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    yes, The payout on all lvl 99 contracts is exactly the same ie 25% more than for selling direct. A $1.000.000 contract is no better than five $200,000 contracts if the one takes as long to fill as the five. If it takes longer. due to more limited production capacity, then it is decidedly worse.   (imo)
  • I typically decline contracts when they want the same things as my other contracts. I keep one large contract that I can work on over a long period of time and then I cancel the others and get ones that are more "production friendly".

For time spent for dollars earned fishing contracts are better.
    A lot of good points were mentioned in this topic. However, it was mentioned about accepting two item contracts on the fishing market and this is a serious mistake. You can use all of the fish except lobsters in one item contracts and use all of them up over time. Using two items results in not being able to use Lester's secret stash on both items (which is the huge problem here) and greatly reduces the freedom to use fish individually in contracts.

I strongly advise all players accepting contracts with two or more items in them to immediately begin declining those contracts and only accept contracts with one item in them.

The organic market is different with the fact that you cannot use all of your produce (apples, eggs, milk, almonds, honey, etc.) in contracts so you are looking to maximise how much produce is used in the contracts (although one item only contracts are still a good strategy here). Whereas the problem is how to make the best use of the fish in the fishing market.
  • I do my fishing contracts a bit differently. I always have a surplus of herring and lobster (and Mermaid Bay products) so I will accept fishing contracts that include one "rare" type of fish plus any amount of herring and lobster and any Mermaid Bay products and I use Lester on the requested "rare" fish.

I always pass on contracts that want generic chum because it takes so long to make the required chum and you get much more fishing experience from making exclusively lobster chum in the Dockyard.
    I do my fishing contracts a bit differently. I always have a surplus of herring and lobster (and Mermaid Bay products) so I will accept fishing contracts that include one "rare" type of fish plus any amount of herring and lobster and any Mermaid Bay products and I use Lester on the requested "rare" fish.

I always pass on contracts that want generic chum because it takes so long to make the required chum and you get much more fishing experience from making exclusively lobster chum in the Dockyard.
    That is one legitimate use of them. But is it worth the fact that you lose a 25% bonus on the other fish? I assume it will depend on the situation as declining all of the others will not allow you to maintain quality 2 offers at a high quality level.

Have you also been receiving lobster contracts? I have never seen any since reaching the one item contracts to quality level 99.
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 02.03.2022
    I have never received a lobster only (or a herring only) contract. They are always lumped in with something else. If I don't use the herring and lobster for a multi item contract it just sits in my inventory or I have to sell it straight out of storage, so I pick and choose and cancel bad contracts.

Edit: So the game just made a liar out of me. When I logged back in I got my first ever herring only contract. Still sitting on almost 20,000 herring and over 70,000 lobster.
    Post edited by Grandpa Squeak (US1) on
    I have never received a lobster only (or a herring only) contract. They are always lumped in with something else. If I don't use the herring and lobster for a multi item contract it just sits in my inventory or I have to sell it straight out of storage, so I pick and choose and cancel bad contracts.

Edit: So the game just made a liar out of me. When I logged back in I got my first ever herring only contract. Still sitting on almost 20,000 herring and over 70,000 lobster.
    Ok. I have received many one item herring contracts. It is just the lobster contracts that I do not receive. Not even in two or more item contracts.
    Now I have 82 cowsheds and I received this contract:

It is the first one asking for over 500,000 of an item that I recall knowing about.
  • I finally got a lobster only contract!

I finally got a lobster only contract!

Well done. I think it must be incredibly rare to find one, or it's impossible when they are at quality level 99.
  • Annnnd another one.

• They are just rolling in now.

The announcement about the hot fix this morning mentioned part of the fix was some players not getting lobster contracts
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/208372/mod-news-bulletin-3rd-edition#latest

I haven't seen one yet, but hope to soon :)

Annnnd another one.

They are just rolling in now.

Nice job. I don't understand why you are accepting the other 2+ item contracts though. Now you can use all of the fish except for possibly lobsters through the 1 item contracts.

The announcement about the hot fix this morning mentioned part of the fix was some players not getting lobster contracts
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/208372/mod-news-bulletin-3rd-edition#latest

Ok thanks. I will look out for them.

• Annnnd another one.

They are just rolling in now.

Nice job. I don't understand why you are accepting the other 2+ item contracts though. Now you can use all of the fish except for possibly lobsters through the 1 item contracts.

Ok thanks. I will look out for them.

Most of the contracts I have in the queue are 1 item only contracts. A couple of them are 2 items but the 2nd item is one that I have a surplus of like herring, a particular type of chum (I cancel all the standard chum ones), or a mermaid bay product.

I will also keep multi-item contracts that offer a bonus item like tokens, mystery boxes, and gold.

Most of the contracts I have in the queue are 1 item only contracts. A couple of them are 2 items but the 2nd item is one that I have a surplus of like herring, a particular type of chum (I cancel all the standard chum ones), or a mermaid bay product.

I will also keep multi-item contracts that offer a bonus item like tokens, mystery boxes, and gold.
    You are losing a huge amount of potential farm dollars this way though. Because those items are taking farm dollars from the contracts and you can't use Lester's secret stash on all of the slots.

• Most of the contracts I have in the queue are 1 item only contracts. A couple of them are 2 items but the 2nd item is one that I have a surplus of like herring, a particular type of chum (I cancel all the standard chum ones), or a mermaid bay product.

You are losing a huge amount of potential farm dollars this way though. Because those items are taking farm dollars from the contracts and you can't use Lester's secret stash on all of the slots.

Potentially perhaps but not actually. I'm level 178 on my main farm and level 160 in the fishing region because I realized early on that fishing was where most of my cash was going to come from. My Lester's stash is not large yet because I have been working on Matilda's academy instead (I have 8 levels to go before I can buy my next plot on main farm without using gold). I have huge surpluses of herring, tuna, cod, lobster, lobster chum, and most mermaid bay products. I can sell them directly from the barn which nets me the lowest prices. I can let them sit and increase (which they do because I try to turn my boats around as quickly as possible to renew the fishing pools) which nets me no cash and slows my growth, or I can use the surplus items as a 2nd item on a 2 item contract and keep the cash flowing. Before the recent change the only way to sell lobster was to use it as a 2nd item in a contract but I have been getting lobster only contracts fairly often now. The vast majority of the single item contracts that I receive want swordfish, salmon, oysters, or clams and I keep 2 or 3 of the best single item contracts while I collect those things. When I get a (rare) single item contract that I can fill with surplus fish I do so immediately. If I get a contract that wants one of the more rare fish that has a secondary item that I have a surplus of I use lester to help fill in the rare fish and use the secondary surplus fish as a way to get more cash for it.

At this point in the game I need the cash to expand and I'd rather use a surplus fish as a 2nd item in a contract than have it sit and get me nothing while I cancel, cancel, cancel to try to get single item contracts.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Personal view ... If you work out the prices (and I admit it is years since I did)  if there are more than 2 items being given you are paying quite a price for them
    If you want the item enough then 'pay' for them

I reject anything that offers more than 2 items

Potentially perhaps but not actually. I'm level 178 on my main farm and level 160 in the fishing region because I realized early on that fishing was where most of my cash was going to come from. My Lester's stash is not large yet because I have been working on Matilda's academy instead (I have 8 levels to go before I can buy my next plot on main farm without using gold). I have huge surpluses of herring, tuna, cod, lobster, lobster chum, and most mermaid bay products. I can sell them directly from the barn which nets me the lowest prices. I can let them sit and increase (which they do because I try to turn my boats around as quickly as possible to renew the fishing pools) which nets me no cash and slows my growth, or I can use the surplus items as a 2nd item on a 2 item contract and keep the cash flowing. Before the recent change the only way to sell lobster was to use it as a 2nd item in a contract but I have been getting lobster only contracts fairly often now. The vast majority of the single item contracts that I receive want swordfish, salmon, oysters, or clams and I keep 2 or 3 of the best single item contracts while I collect those things. When I get a (rare) single item contract that I can fill with surplus fish I do so immediately. If I get a contract that wants one of the more rare fish that has a secondary item that I have a surplus of I use lester to help fill in the rare fish and use the secondary surplus fish as a way to get more cash for it.

At this point in the game I need the cash to expand and I'd rather use a surplus fish as a 2nd item in a contract than have it sit and get me nothing while I cancel, cancel, cancel to try to get single item contracts.
    You can sell all of the herring, tuna and cod through one item contracts. Just make sure to only accept contracts for shrimp, clams and oysters that ask for low amounts, like around 2000 items or lower.

• Potentially perhaps but not actually. I'm level 178 on my main farm and level 160 in the fishing region because I realized early on that fishing was where most of my cash was going to come from. My Lester's stash is not large yet because I have been working on Matilda's academy instead (I have 8 levels to go before I can buy my next plot on main farm without using gold). I have huge surpluses of herring, tuna, cod, lobster, lobster chum, and most mermaid bay products. I can sell them directly from the barn which nets me the lowest prices. I can let them sit and increase (which they do because I try to turn my boats around as quickly as possible to renew the fishing pools) which nets me no cash and slows my growth, or I can use the surplus items as a 2nd item on a 2 item contract and keep the cash flowing. Before the recent change the only way to sell lobster was to use it as a 2nd item in a contract but I have been getting lobster only contracts fairly often now. The vast majority of the single item contracts that I receive want swordfish, salmon, oysters, or clams and I keep 2 or 3 of the best single item contracts while I collect those things. When I get a (rare) single item contract that I can fill with surplus fish I do so immediately. If I get a contract that wants one of the more rare fish that has a secondary item that I have a surplus of I use lester to help fill in the rare fish and use the secondary surplus fish as a way to get more cash for it.

You can sell all of the herring, tuna and cod through one item contracts. Just make sure to only accept contracts for shrimp, clams and oysters that ask for low amounts, like around 2000 items or lower.

I can but they don't come up very often. I clear bad contracts ever time I log on but I seem to be having very bad luck with the RNG. I keep bringing in fish faster than I can send it out on one item contracts.
    I can but they don't come up very often. I clear bad contracts ever time I log on but I seem to be having very bad luck with the RNG. I keep bringing in fish faster than I can send it out on one item contracts.
    Ok. Sometimes you will go through bad periods, but if you stick with the strategy it works out well over a longer period of time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file