Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Construction Tokens Used, Upgrading in WRONG Slot

_Sass_ (US1)_Sass_ (US1) US1 Posts: 36
I bought 32 construction tokens tonight with the goldfish coins, unlocking the one-time construction slot. Before I used it, I upgraded something on the candy farm (since it has its own, dedicated slot). Once that was done, I took some time to find the lengthiest upgrade (time-wise) on my main farms, ultimately choosing to go with an upgrade that would take approximately 40 hours to complete. 

I started the upgrade, and my construction tokens reset to 0 (as expected). but rather than go into the one-time construction slot (as it SHOULD have), the upgrade appeared in my regular slot, and a *brand new* construction slot--the "local construction slot"-- appeared, with the option to unlock it via subscription for $16.99 USD per month.

I looked, but haven't found a thread to announce this new, subscriber-only construction slot. It just popped up out of the blue the instant I attempted to use my one-time construction slot. What the heck, GGS?!

The only reason I play the Goldfish Rescue event is to earn the goldfish coins so I can buy more construction tokens... especially now that we can no longer win them as hard worker rewards in events. I spent the bulk of what I had on these tokens, only to have them disappear and have my regular slot tied up for the next two days because a new feature was implemented and activated poorly, without any warning whatsoever that a new "feature" had been added to the game.

I doubt I'll be able to recoup my lost construction tokens, (which annoys me to no end) but I'm going to go ahead and report it as a bug, nonetheless.

IF the one-time construction slot is always used first--even over the dedicated temporary farm slot--then that needs to be made clear IN-GAME, because I've never seen anything, anywhere that indicates this.
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @_Sass_ (US1)  I have moved you from the Bugs section to General Discussion as it is not a bug but working as intended

It is clear you get an extra construction slot for your main farm.

I have passed the feedback on that it is not clear in which order the slots are used

• Katonic (AU1)Katonic (AU1) AU1 Posts: 13
    Is this what you are talking about? This new construction slot that I need a subscription for? I see I have three tabs for building/upgrading.  Does everyone have this?

We can all see it. Only those with an appropriate subscription can use it

I have asked for information ... especially for the order in which the slots are used
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    So what is the point of construction tokens now, if we can not use them unless we buy the subscription?
    There are now 3 types of Construction slots

The normal one
    The construction token one
    and the new Local (main farm only) that comes with the Convenience Package Plus

As soon as I have more information on this new slot I will pass it on
    @RosyStarling thanks for the info
    That's what I originally thought, that there are now 3 slots - -  but I read Sass's comment to say that when trying to use the construction token slot, the tokens disappeared and the regular/normal building slot got used instead. Then your comments said it was not a bug & working as intended, and that only those with an appropriate subscription can use it .... which would indicate there is no more token slot without a subscription. 
    If we really do still have the token slot, why is this not a bug?
    edited 13.05.2022
    Hmm ... I will return this to Bugs until we get more information from the CMs

Which won't be until after the weekend now :(

@_Sass_ (US1) Do write to Support HERE as well

• _Sass_ (US1)_Sass_ (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    @RosyStarling thanks for the info
    That's what I originally thought, that there are now 3 slots - -  but I read Sass's comment to say that when trying to use the construction token slot, the tokens disappeared and the regular/normal building slot got used instead. Then your comments said it was not a bug & working as intended, and that only those with an appropriate subscription can use it .... which would indicate there is no more token slot without a subscription. 
    If we really do still have the token slot, why is this not a bug?
    Yes, you understood me correctly, Heather. My construction tokens were used, but the upgrade wasn't placed in the correct construction slot.

Apologies to Rosy and anyone else who may have misunderstood what I was trying to say. Things get a little tricky when you're talking about several different construction slots, so I may have worded part of my post poorly.
    Hmm ... I will return this to Bugs until we get more information from the CMs

Which won't be until after the weekend now :(

@_Sass_ (US1) Do write to Support HERE as well

I've never needed to contact support before, so I didn't even think about doing that. (I should know better, as I've had to do so for other games I've played over the years.) Thanks for the advice and the link, Rosy! I'll get a message sent right away.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The One-time build slot is available on the Candy farm and, if it is unlocked, will be used first like it always is.
    It sounds like you unlocked it and then used it on your Candy farm.
    Not what you intended but we have all done it   :¬(
    I am now very careful to decide what I want it for 1st, and then unlock it and use it without being sidetracked
    edited 15.05.2022
    @Uncle John (AU1)
    Wow - Really?!?  I have never had the construction token slot work on a temp farm 
    Now, I admit don't often have the construction token slot open & available to use, but I did have it open during the last island farm & it was not used when I started an island farm construction.
    - -  Is this only with the candy farm & not the others?
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
    I don't do the temp farms anymore but when I did I often had 2 upgrades going at the same time and it always
    took the one-time slot if i was available
    I think @Uncle John (AU1) may have hit the nail on the head

Here is the information I now have on the new Local construction slot

Player can unlock an additional construction slot
     - At launch only for main farm
    - Unlock is added to subscription package --> Slot can be used for new constructions as long as subscription is active
    - if subscription runs out while slot is in use, current construction finishes and locks slot afterwards 

How to unlock 
    - Construction slot unlock is added to a subscription package

Local construction slot
    - Third tab on farms that have it
    - Farm with local slot, shows local slot on top
    - If local slot is locked --> Global slot is automatically selected when loading farm - If local slot is unlocked --> Local slot is automatically selected when loading farm

I've put in FAQs HERE
    OR   ... perhaps it was THIS
    Thank you Uncle John, and thank you Rosy :)
    edited 17.05.2022
    The One-time build slot is available on the Candy farm and, if it is unlocked, will be used first like it always is.
    It sounds like you unlocked it and then used it on your Candy farm.
    Not what you intended but we have all done it   :¬(
    I am now very careful to decide what I want it for 1st, and then unlock it and use it without being sidetracked
    The candy farm upgrade was in its dedicated slot. The one-time construction slot (OTCS) remained empty and available to use at that time. My next upgrade should have gone there, but it started in the universal construction slot, instead. 

Two upgrades were going at once, but neither one was placed in the OTCS, even though my tokens were used.

Hopefully tomorrow's hotfix will get everything sorted out with this issue. :)
    @_Sass_ (US1)   That is truly weird !!!     :¬(
Sign In to comment.