Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] A 2nd mill! Dreams do come true!

Comments

• danko (AU1)danko (AU1) AU1 Posts: 20
    Hey GGS, Ill tell you all I have about this update, and why it really makes us feel terrible about what direction the game is going, and how this has been happening for the past couple years.

First of all, revolving events, and cooperatives that make us participate in them, (and just know, to stay in a cooperative they want you to play the events). This needs to be stopped, and something else must be introduced. OR, space out the events a LOT, say 1 event every couple weeks, and give us a LONG break in between them

Second, this shows really how sad and low GGS have to stoop to for a buck out of it's players. The new windmill, which as well is a reskin of the gold house, (which guarantees it will cost a bucket load of gold) proves to be a huge gold sink! and also really shows a gap from the people who happily feed GGS their lovely paychecks, and the people who play the game the way it was meant to be played, even if they decide to spend a fiverr here nor there once every couple weeks or months. These money grubbing updates really push people away from the game, and really proves the marketing behind GGS. Milk the money spenders for all they have, and then pretend they are for the people by pushing out fluff updates, which in turn make you spend more! This is absolutely ridiculous GGS! Utterly disgraceful.

Might I add to that point, the Grand house has been removed as a reward from the reward center, making it completely useless in every single way, and yet they think to make up from this with selling a gold hungry summer house, and on top of that, they have the audacity to act all excited about the update, well, happy with their short paycheck rise that is. 

GGS, why don't you take any interest or listen to us, even after pushing polls down our throats every couple days in the messages when you log in? You have been doing this for years, and must you not have listened? the game is getting worse, many of my friends are leaving, and I am on the border myself, all from these money grubbing updates as a lame excuse for an update.

My final point, You must make effort in this game more rewarding. As i have hinted at earlier, the rewards system has been replaced for a lame excuse of a 'reward center' which offer the finest 20 seaweed of the 7 seas! not until you realise we used to get far greater amounts of them when the old rewards were around, and people were genuinely happy to work for these rewards, as they, whilst were also pretty lowsy, made up partially for the expenses. Now, hundreds of millions of reps in a CC equates to a small seaweed package, and a lame excuse for a grand house (summer house).

I am saying this now GGS, you must listen to me and the community, (and I have been around since 2012-2013 and I have been around GGS farming circles since the dawn of days) and we are all opposed to such a motion to have the game taken over by violent spenders, and updates that just feed into the rich, and never to the people who keep this game alive. If I was genuinely impressed by the game, I would tell my friends to play it, and this could spark a chain reaction, and which I know they would love to spend some money. Now, you could say I am embarrassed I had continued with such a money grubbing company for so long, that feel the need to shove down these terrible excuses for an update down our throats, and then pretend they care about the opinions of the people who play this game.

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    GGS (Stillfront) are a business. Their aim is to make profit. To do this they need to increase their income and reduce their expenditure . 
    Current business model would seem to be to attract lots of new players and get rid of any players that don't spend enough.  (A 2nd Windmill and prettier interfaces but no new Events)
    Makes me want to look for another game by another company. (which sadly means their strategy is working)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    GGS (Stillfront) are a business. Their aim is to make profit. To do this they need to increase their income and reduce their expenditure . 
    Current business model would seem to be to attract lots of new players and get rid of any players that don't spend enough.  (A 2nd Windmill and prettier interfaces but no new Events)
    Makes me want to look for another game by another company. (which sadly means their strategy is working)
    They'd go a long way in getting long-term players to buy gold if they (1) listened to the players,  (2) had fewer events, (3) quit taking away rewards people want and save up for, (4) quit offering rewards people don't want, and (5) making the game more user friendly.  Yes, they are a business, but that means a balance of attracting new players WHILE maintaining a loyal customer base who will stick around and buy some gold now and then. 

Take a look at successful businesses like Coca Cola. Sure, they want to attract new customers, but they would be nowhere if they ran off the long-term buyers of their products. Right now, the game's business model seems to be reel them in, squeeze them for all the money they can get out of them, burn them out, then let them walk off while they go after fresh meat. The problem is, there is only so much fresh meat out there. In the meantime, they've alienated a sizable portion of their bread and butter.
    Adding, saving up for premium prizes it what keeps a lot of us sticking around. Imagine my dismay to discover the Grand House had been taken away, just as I was closing in on it. Removing incentives from customers is not the way to go in a sound business model.
  • Adding, saving up for premium prizes it what keeps a lot of us sticking around. Imagine my dismay to discover the Grand House had been taken away, just as I was closing in on it. Removing incentives from customers is not the way to go in a sound business model.
    I totally agree with both your posts, Artful. Well said. It saddens me that they are slowly killing the game, because they just don't care about most of the players. If it wasn't for my co-op and the wonderful friends there, I would have quit long ago. They have taken away the incentive to "work hard" in a game, and replaced it with "just buy your victory". Which leaves me, an old school who derives pleasure from working, with not much to keep me going. As for a second mill? Sure I'll build one, but there are far better things they can work on to lift the enjoyment factor.
     Removing incentives from customers is not the way to go in a sound business model.
    There are costs associated with each customer, (support staff; processor power; band width; etc) and losing customers who are not spending money on gold reduces costs and thus increases profit.
     Removing incentives from customers is not the way to go in a sound business model.
    There are costs associated with each customer, (support staff; processor power; band width; etc) and losing customers who are not spending money on gold reduces costs and thus increases profit.
    Of course. But it also decreases the dynamics of a game that boasts "free to play." (Please note, i said a customer base that buys gold now and then.) A larger player base is what keeps the momentum and excitement up overall, which benefits the heavy gold buyers. The number of players now is a very slim fraction of what it was when I started out, and has contributed to lackluster enthusiasm and ever shrinking player base -- gold buyers as well as casual players.. And don't forget, the little-to-no gold buyers provide the fodder to help the power players progress in the game. Relying just on power players is not a good strategy ... if they are pitted only against each other, they will burn out very quickly. The various types of players help the game maintain a healthy balance and are needed, as any good marketing strategist can tell you.

Don't forget, many "free" players were once enthusiastic gold buyers, but either quit buying, or left the game entirely due to unhappiness. Make the game a happy experience for all players, and some of those players will open their wallets again. More people will pay if they are provided with an enjoyable experience. 
    I do agree with you @artful (US1), I'm just feeling cynical today. As I said in my first post "Makes me want to look for another game by another company"
  • Totally agree, Artful. We non-payers sure are the fodder, and that's OK. Believe me, if I was able, I would have spent a little, but not anymore. Like @Uncle John (AU1) I'm getting pretty cynical too, because I see on the forum that this is an ongoing issue - game developers who care not one bit about their players.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    2,500 gold for this 2nd Mill? not worth it to Me, so I will pass on it for sure.:(
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @Blue Denim (US1) a 2nd mill can also be built for farm cash just like the 1st one, it shouldn't have to be only bought for gold .... but there is also an option for buying one with gold if one chooses
    edited 04.05.2022
    @Blue Denim (US1) a 2nd mill can also be built for farm cash just like the 1st one, it shouldn't have to be only bought for gold .... but there is also an option for buying one with gold if one chooses
    The only one I saw in My game is for Gold, & I refuse to use gold for any building in this game, but thanks just the same, :)

The Efficient Windmill is the only new mill that I see, and that one cost gold. 
     Ah I see what you mean, your talking bout the old Mill that I already have, I wanted the new one not a old one, again thanks.
    edited 04.05.2022
    @Blue Denim (US1)   If you go to the building tab, you should be able to choose the regular mill and build a 2nd one. It's not a 'new' mill, but a new option to build a 2nd one of the same old mill we've been using for years but had a limit of just 1.
    edited 04.05.2022
    @Blue Denim (US1)   If you go to the building tab, you should be able to choose the regular mill and build a 2nd one. It's not a 'new' mill, but a new option to build a 2nd one of the same old mill we've been using for years but had a limit of just 1.
    The only building I have copies of on My farm is the Barn, & that is only cause of storage & the houses for the farmer's, other then that I do not wish to have copies of every building, I am trying to keep My Farms looking the way they should be without copies all over it, I only wanted the New Mill cause it was the color of My name, but I can live without it in this game for that price  thanks just the same, :)

The only building I have copies of on My farm is the Barn, & that is only cause of storage & the houses for the farmer's, other then that I do not wish to have copies of every building, I am trying to keep My Farms looking the way they should be without copies all over it, I only wanted the New Mill cause it was the color of My name, but I can live without it in this game for that price  thanks just the same, :)
    The choice is, of course, up to each player on what to build on their own farms. I am sorry I did not previously understand that you meant a BLUE mill, just a "2nd" mill. 
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    The second mill can be either the standard one that is bought and upgraded with Farm Dollars or a Blue "efficient" mill that costs gold to buy and upgrade. So you have a choice! :)

The choice is, of course, up to each player on what to build on their own farms. I am sorry I did not previously understand that you meant a BLUE mill, just a "2nd" mill. 
    I have changed My mind & decided to get the 2nd regular Mill , since I can not really get the Blue one as I am low on gold anyway & do not wish to pay the gold price, but thanks for all the info Heather, much appreciated. :)
    edited 05.05.2022
    The second mill can be either the standard one that is bought and upgraded with Farm Dollars or a Blue "efficient" mill that costs gold to buy and upgrade. So you have a choice! :)
    Why can we not have the regular Wind Mill in different color's instead of just plain old tan?

(There fixed my wording for the wind mill). :)
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
    BD, there are lots of appearances for the barns available in the game to buy or to win as rewards. I have accumulated quite a collection as free rewards. If you click on the bucket in the ring menu on your barn, you might find one or two that you didn't know you had.
    BD, there are lots of appearances for the barns available in the game to buy or to win as rewards. I have accumulated quite a collection as free rewards. If you click on the bucket in the ring menu on your barn, you might find one or two that you didn't know you had.
    I am talking bout the Wind Mill's not the Barn, I know bout those I have 3 different skin's, but the one's I see for the Wind Mill cost mostly gold I noticed which I refuse to use for building's, but thanks just the same :)
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    I am talking bout the Wind Mill's not the Barn, I know bout those I have 3 different skin's, but the one's I see for the Wind Mill cost mostly gold I noticed which I refuse to use for building's, but thanks just the same :)
    three skins for WWM-coins:

Of course, I spaced out!  LOL! 
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 06.05.2022
    Why can we not have the regular Wind Mill in different color's instead of just plain old tan?

(There fixed my wording for the wind mill). :)
    Have you tried making your question into a suggestion for the "Suggestion" section? Oh and by the way, the skins for the original Mill works on the second mill as well as the new blue "efficient" mill.  So by using skins you can change the way your mills look on your farm.  :D
    edited 06.05.2022
    three skins for WWM-coins:

Of course those are on the Trader, but I was talking bout the building section though which are only showing gold one's, as I do not have a lot of those silver coin token's, I only got bout 1k of those & I do not care for the skin that is less then that but thanks for the info, :)
    Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
    Bailey, German moderator added a wiki page with info about the new efficient mill. It has the upgrade costs and production info, if anyone is interested here is a link  (It is in German, but I right click the page & translate to English, hope that works for you too)

https://bigfarm.fandom.com/de/wiki/Effiziente_Windmühle
Sign In to comment.