Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

A new Community Manager has joined the team

Oh hello there!

Today marks my first day at GGS where I started as a Community Manager for Big Farm. 

Fun fact: I hate introducing myself!  :D BUT I think you should know with whom you are dealing now.  [insert creepy music] 

I worked as a CM before, for example in the UK and France. But I moved back to Germany (Rheinland!) two years ago. Well, I just missed German bread too much.  I've been a geek all my life; I do some cosplays, love Science Fiction and Fantasy, and, of course, I kind of like video games. A tiny bit.

No for real: I absolutely adore Role-Playing Games, Shooter and relaxing Simulations. Which is why I joined the gaming industry years ago. First as a writer and editor, later on as a Community Manager. It's amazing to work in an industry you love. 

In contrast to my geeky hobbies, I do some kickboxing, enjoy going out and travel the world. 

So, here I am! I'm excited to join this community of farmers! I'll try my best to be your voice and listen to your feedback and concerns as often as my schedule allows it.
"If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me" as Community Managers like to say. And usually, we mean it!

May the Schwartz be with you,
CM Kara

PS: Whoever guesses who my inspiration for my nickname was, gets a virtual cookie!
Post edited by CM Kara on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 19.04.2022
    Welcome ... happy to have you here :smiley: 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 20.04.2022
    Welcome to Big Farm, I hope you enjoy your time with Us, :)

P.S. I was not sure which name you were referring to, but if it is Kara then My Favorite Kara name is Kara Danver's from Super Girl TV Series, :)

Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Welcome @CM Kara, I hope you enjoy your farming time here.  It's nice to meet you, another fan of the parody Spaceballs :)
  • Welcome. Hope you have fun here :-)
  • Sola (US1)Sola (US1) US1 Posts: 63
    edited 19.04.2022
    Welcome CM Kara to Big Farm and the Forum, Hope You Have A Great Time Here  :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.04.2022
      Welcome to our forum, CM Kara. We're glad to have you here!  <3  

My guess is that the inspiration for your name comes from Kara, one of the Valkyries and a Swan maiden.  :)

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Welcome Kara to the team and our wonderful forum!  <3 

Our community is full of cool folks who are very helpful & nice, It is our pleasure to have you here  o:)

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    Welcome to our comunity on forum CM Kara, nice to see you here :)

I wish you good luck on your work!
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I too welcome you as our new CM at Big Farm.  Germany is a beautiful place....lived there for a while near Frankfurt and did a lot of traveling.  Hope you get to travel in the country as there is lots to see: Castles, museums, bike trails, volksmarches, Oktoberfest and more. :D  
  • CM KaraCM Kara Community Manager Posts: 160
    Hey y'all, thank you very much!  

I've talked to some of you on our Discord and you really seem like a cool community. :)

I've travelled a lot in Germany. I live next to the Siebengebirge, which has lots of beautiful old castles and green areas. Lived in Munich too and the nature in Bavaria is just stunning! But, every country has its own beauty in it!

Supergirl is a very cool guess! I've seen the show as well and even cosplayed as her once. :)
    A Valkyrie would have been nice too! :D
    Hmmmmm .... so many possibilities ;)
    maybe Kara "Starbuck" Thrace from Battlestar Galactica?
  • Emmarel (IT1)Emmarel (IT1) IT1 Posts: 22
    the android form Detroit: Become Human :smile:
  • CM KaraCM Kara Community Manager Posts: 160
    edited 03.05.2022
    Heather Norsk (US1) said:
    Hmmmmm .... so many possibilities ;)
    maybe Kara "Starbuck" Thrace from Battlestar Galactica?

Yes! It's dangerous to not eat cookies! Take one of this! :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
    Emmarel (IT1) said:
    the android form Detroit: Become Human :smile:
    Uuh! I cosplayed as one of them once. :) 
    Post edited by CM Kara on
    LOL - how did you get the quotes switched with players names? - Magic !
    Yummy cookies - good for the soul :)
Sign In to comment.