Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Horse Music Cup 2022 Gold League

I recently completed the Silver League (won a few, lost a few) and have now started the Gold League, my first and I was happy to progress, however since starting I am now up against opponents wayyy WAYYYYYY beyond that of my horse and I am losing every single race. I am only a level 21. I start a tournament challenge and I am presented with 3 choices, 55,71,58 .... uhhhhhh Something is really messed up if I am expected to be able to compete with opponents a minimum of 30 levels above me.

I'm only ending up losing points hand over fist. So, question ...  do I just sit and wait for the season to finish in 7 days and do nothing ?

Sorry, I simply don't understand this at all.

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I recently completed the Silver League (won a few, lost a few) and have now started the Gold League, my first and I was happy to progress, however since starting I am now up against opponents wayyy WAYYYYYY beyond that of my horse and I am losing every single race. I am only a level 21. I start a tournament challenge and I am presented with 3 choices, 55,71,58 .... uhhhhhh Something is really messed up if I am expected to be able to compete with opponents a minimum of 30 levels above me.

I'm only ending up losing points hand over fist. So, question ...  do I just sit and wait for the season to finish in 7 days and do nothing ?

Sorry, I simply don't understand this at all.
    There are two different circumstances that can affect your score. One is winning when you challenge another horse (in a positive way) and the other is losing when someone else challenges your horse (in a negative way).

When you challenge another horse:

If you win, you get four ranking points added to your score, regardless of which league you are in.

If you lose, your ranking points score is not changed.

When another player challenges your horse:

If they win, you lose ranking points depending on which league you are in:

0 for bronze league
    1 for silver league
    2 for gold league
    4 for platinum and diamond league

If they lose, your ranking points score is not changed.

If your horse goes into the gold league, losing 2 points compared to losing 1 may be what is stopping you from progressing further. Actually, it is quite amazing that you managed to reach that far with a level 21 horse so well done with that. I would recommend trying to race the horse every day still, but on the last day if you can, do all of the races right near the end of the event so that there is not much time for others to knock your score back down while you are in gold.

What will most likely also happen is that you will play against more horses that are in the gold league. But most of those will be well above level 21.

As long as you end in the gold league, you get some prizes such as 300 gold.
  • I guess I do not understand when this whole challenge thing. So when I go into the competition transport, and by selecting one of the three offered opponents, I am issuing a challenge to them right ? and if I lose I am not losing any points. How do I know when someone has challenged me ?

Nothing appears to be stopping me from progressing per say, other than the fact that I cannot win any races .. heh I'm at Gold 40 so far, so I have a long way to go, and I'm not sure if I keep losing, if I am going to get any further. Ranking Points are at 543 so I guess I will just have to keep an eye on that and see if any progress is actually made.

I just did a full fuel load of races, lost them all to ranked 50+ horses and my ranking points didn't change nor did the level. Still Gold 40 ... heh It's gonna be a long 6 days obviously .. LOL I do hope I am NOT back in the Gold when this thing resets.

• Thanks for the help as well !
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I guess I do not understand when this whole challenge thing. So when I go into the competition transport, and by selecting one of the three offered opponents, I am issuing a challenge to them right ? and if I lose I am not losing any points. How do I know when someone has challenged me ?

Nothing appears to be stopping me from progressing per say, other than the fact that I cannot win any races .. heh I'm at Gold 40 so far, so I have a long way to go, and I'm not sure if I keep losing, if I am going to get any further. Ranking Points are at 543 so I guess I will just have to keep an eye on that and see if any progress is actually made.

I just did a full fuel load of races, lost them all to ranked 50+ horses and my ranking points didn't change nor did the level. Still Gold 40 ... heh It's gonna be a long 6 days obviously .. LOL I do hope I am NOT back in the Gold when this thing resets.

Yes. You challenge that player when you do that. If you want to see all of the information about other players challenging you, you can go to the notice board and then go to the "tournament news" tab. This is basically like an inbox, where you receive a message after someone challenges you and there can be up to 50 messages there at once. But there will also be messages about the season ending if I recall correctly.

Nice job. I always forget to race my horse so I usually do not play in it anymore. I used to sometimes have that when I would be in platinum and I would sometimes lose every race. But that often that happens at the higher leagues unless you are one of the top few.

When the event resets, everyone goes back to the bronze league. But you are put further ahead in the bronze league if you are in the gold league when you finish compared to if you were in the silver league.

I am not really a fan of the horse racing and I did not fully understand what is going on since they changed the system, but it is ok for getting some free prizes if you want to just race your horse once or twice a day.

Thanks for the help as well !
    You're welcome. :)
  • heh cheers. I'm not sure I fully understand it either .. lol but rather than prizes it certainly seems to contribute to the WorldWide Championship points which was initially why I started it.

Now however, I've opened a whole can of worms having to upgrade all the buildings etc to get the parts I need for my horse gear .. saddles, boots etc as at present I have nada .. lol which contributes to losing a lot I guess.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    It wont help with strategy but we do have this tutorial

"[TUTORIAL] Everything you always wanted to know about ... horses!"  click HERE
  • Thanks Rosy :)
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    At level 21, I don't think you really need the gear from the buildings yet. I look over the horses I might challenge, choose the one I think I would have the best chance to beat, and make the challenge. There is some skill at choosing your opponent, but there is still a fair bit of luck involved. I mostly beat horses below mine, and usually lose to ones above, but not always. Keep at it, and upgrade your horse so it will do better.
  • My qualifications to post here: Lv 88 horse in diamond league, beating horses in 90's and occasionally 100+.
    To answer the original question, yes you have to wait until the next season. People ignore the racing obstacles and gear for whatever reason. I find these to be absolutely critical to understand the randomness of racing. There is no much nuance to racing mechanics that I'm still learning. I find it the best part of the game, honestly.

If you are serious about horse racing, here's what you need to do.

1-get silver horseshoes. This means event farms, which then means being able to drop $50M+ for a MODERATE amount to minimally train your horse regularly. The $50M is for the temporary farm, spread out over the roughly one month. Thus, this means building a solid economical base on your regular farms. If you are struggling for money, invest in deep sea fishing, jam, flower shop, and bakery in that order since those are the best money makers. Dairy is nice but IMO eats far too many workers. I don't run dairy. Event farms are generally not recommended until you have a good grasp on the game and at least lv80+ or so. The key is having a good financial foundation.

2-Learn how the breeding mechanic works. YOU HAVE to breed horses since there is a sharp training plateau. After a certain point you have to buy new pre-made horses from breeders. You are basically exchanging gold horseshoes for silver horseshoes (which are infinitely more valuable).

3-Thoroughly understand gear mechanics. Invest in gear, the buildings and trees. I won't go into detail for two reasons: there's too much info and nobody seems interested; and this is my personal secret. Nobody I've encountered so far seems to make regular use of gear. This is probably true for very high ranked players in upper diamond but I have not been challenged by those yet so I would not know. I cannot over-emphasize how much expert mastery of the gear system has given me a cutting edge in racing.

4-Optional, but get into a good co-op engages with the horse meadow. This is advanced work since you have to know the meadow system and produce the special items. It's a nice edge but marginal and not necessary.

The first three points are critical. Gold league with lv22 horse is pretty good. I was fighting around my level, with the regular 10-20+ levels until diamond, then it's mostly 100+ now which I still occasionally beat. Knowing basic mechanics is a must. They're not really written anywhere but you can learn just by paying attention, taking notes, and developing a personal system. 

Stop investing in fuel. If you are a low level player you need to build your farm first. While that happens, use the time to learn all the mechanics of points 1-3.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 11.04.2022
    My qualifications to post here: Lv 88 horse in diamond league, beating horses in 90's and occasionally 100+.
    To answer the original question, yes you have to wait until the next season. People ignore the racing obstacles and gear for whatever reason. I find these to be absolutely critical to understand the randomness of racing. There is no much nuance to racing mechanics that I'm still learning. I find it the best part of the game, honestly.

If you are serious about horse racing, here's what you need to do.

1-get silver horseshoes. This means event farms, which then means being able to drop $50M+ for a MODERATE amount to minimally train your horse regularly. The $50M is for the temporary farm, spread out over the roughly one month. Thus, this means building a solid economical base on your regular farms. If you are struggling for money, invest in deep sea fishing, jam, flower shop, and bakery in that order since those are the best money makers. Dairy is nice but IMO eats far too many workers. I don't run dairy. Event farms are generally not recommended until you have a good grasp on the game and at least lv80+ or so. The key is having a good financial foundation.

2-Learn how the breeding mechanic works. YOU HAVE to breed horses since there is a sharp training plateau. After a certain point you have to buy new pre-made horses from breeders. You are basically exchanging gold horseshoes for silver horseshoes (which are infinitely more valuable).

3-Thoroughly understand gear mechanics. Invest in gear, the buildings and trees. I won't go into detail for two reasons: there's too much info and nobody seems interested; and this is my personal secret. Nobody I've encountered so far seems to make regular use of gear. This is probably true for very high ranked players in upper diamond but I have not been challenged by those yet so I would not know. I cannot over-emphasize how much expert mastery of the gear system has given me a cutting edge in racing.

4-Optional, but get into a good co-op engages with the horse meadow. This is advanced work since you have to know the meadow system and produce the special items. It's a nice edge but marginal and not necessary.

The first three points are critical. Gold league with lv22 horse is pretty good. I was fighting around my level, with the regular 10-20+ levels until diamond, then it's mostly 100+ now which I still occasionally beat. Knowing basic mechanics is a must. They're not really written anywhere but you can learn just by paying attention, taking notes, and developing a personal system. 

Stop investing in fuel. If you are a low level player you need to build your farm first. While that happens, use the time to learn all the mechanics of points 1-3.
    Hey, there! Did you change your name?  I am in the Horse Diamond League and you as "farm_helper1 (US1) are not listed in the ranks of the Diamond League.  What gives? I ask this because I am currently in 4th place in the Horse Diamond league so I can see all who have made it to Diamond and I did not see your name, so thought maybe it was due to name change or something.
  • Well I have Eleven (11) hours remaining of being in the Gold League, heh it has been a very humbling experience as I have continued to race only to loose every single race since getting here. I've continued to train, now at L33 so it will be interesting to see where I am placed once the event ends.

I've used this time to also start with the horse farm, and have all the buildings as L2 but ran out of Horse Crests in the process and haven't been able to win anything to get them back. Stable is at L3, and I have experimented with the Co-op Horse Meadow for breeding which I must say was only moderately successful. Using that wheel is very confusing as to when to offer which care at what time in order to charge the meter (finally got a handle on it) only to not being able to use the gene thingie sliders as it made no difference whatsoever. Only one single attribute had any points and I was unable to distribute anything to anywhere else. Breeding failed three times in a row until 1 single success with no apparent increase in attribute. Basically a waste of time as I could have bred same from my stable. Not sure my co-op is entirely committed to the horse side of things .. lol

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 12.04.2022
    Have you checked with other coop members on how they get their horses leveled up?
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    Well I have Eleven (11) hours remaining of being in the Gold League, heh it has been a very humbling experience as I have continued to race only to loose every single race since getting here. I've continued to train, now at L33 so it will be interesting to see where I am placed once the event ends.

I've used this time to also start with the horse farm, and have all the buildings as L2 but ran out of Horse Crests in the process and haven't been able to win anything to get them back. Stable is at L3, and I have experimented with the Co-op Horse Meadow for breeding which I must say was only moderately successful. Using that wheel is very confusing as to when to offer which care at what time in order to charge the meter (finally got a handle on it) only to not being able to use the gene thingie sliders as it made no difference whatsoever. Only one single attribute had any points and I was unable to distribute anything to anywhere else. Breeding failed three times in a row until 1 single success with no apparent increase in attribute. Basically a waste of time as I could have bred same from my stable. Not sure my co-op is entirely committed to the horse side of things .. lol

Well I find the meadow a great place to get my high level horse leveled even higher.  The needed thing is coop members need to also send their horses to the meadow to enrich the gene pool.  I keep a horse there at the meadow 24/7.  It sounds like you are misunderstanding the dial of the love meter.  The dial has three arrows.  One is on a large icon and two smaller icons.  The large icons will indicate ability to level up in that discipline. For example: this one is focused on Endurance. Note the needle on the large Endurance icon. After completion of the final item (curry comb) then I can choose one of three horses from the right side (note second screenshot).  The higher the gene numbers the better success you will have. In the second pic, I moved the sliders on the right so that I would have 100% in the large endurance icon.  Success will increase your horse's endurance level.  For your horse to have overall upgrade, you need to do this on each of the other disciplines (Agility and Strength).  For each three successful times (Strength/Agility/Endurance), your horse's level will be raised.

• Hi Farmer Cli. 
    So many questions remain:
    What are the blue charges in the center radiating outwards? Graphically do they mean anything?

I understand gene points raise breeding chance. Is there any way to raise effect level? So far I have only seen +1, but recently saw there was a +2. I am experimenting with running the horse through multiple times to see if that has any change. I read somewhere I think you can run through max 6x.

What is the "2x" multiplier I see on the breeding horse stats? Does that mean the horses match up and there is a bonus to gene points?

That horse is meadow gen 115. Have you seen a noticeable change in reduced effectiveness of your meadow items? That's allegedly supposed to happen but I have not noticed anything, although my horse is only gen 4.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file