Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

gold and silver apples [Rewards Center discussion]

Comments

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    This is a good change, however it does need a few tweaks here and there IMO.
    Like the catalyzers, and many of the other prizes/hard work prizes that used to  be in the events.
    Hope GGS takes a look and decide to add some other prizes back in with the gold and silver apples.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    they should remove the decos and put back chests and boxes we used to win
    cause now... with all these apples...
    yes we may save up to buy what we want but... 
    there is no where goldflowers. gold licences, seaweed
    we have to buy everything!!! and we need seaweed to be able to play all these events
    and we can only buy 10 seaweed houmous?? its absurd really

plus... we should at least be able to exchange more silver apples for gold ones 
    one time only isnt enough 
    please let us use the max arrow to exchange how many we want 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    they should remove the decos and put back chests and boxes we used to win
    cause now... with all these apples...
    yes we may save up to buy what we want but... 
    there is no where goldflowers. gold licences, seaweed
    we have to buy everything!!! and we need seaweed to be able to play all these events
    and we can only buy 10 seaweed houmous?? its absurd really

plus... we should at least be able to exchange more silver apples for gold ones 
    one time only isnt enough 
    please let us use the max arrow to exchange how many we want 
    I agree about the limits on exhanges, they're a bit low considering everything else they chopped, but

I can get seaweed stuff for both silver & gold apples, and also for gold apples I can get goldflower seeds and up to 3 GMLs (stinks that they are 3 different prices, we have to pay more for each 1).
    If you really don't have those options, are they different per player or per server???  That would be really odd !!!

I hadn't noticed that we couldn't buy the regular mystery boxes. I fear they might be phasing those out. Which stinks in my opinion, those plain ole boxes are really awesome!
    Did everyone notice that we can filter our choices to display less?   Seems like a nice addition :)

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    edited 19.03.2022
    I have the same prizes like everyone
    I do have the option to buy goldflower and gold licence but what I meant is that before...I could earn only from a box 1 or 3 GML
    now I must buy it with apples 

we lost many free prizes and some good ones 
    so I would like to see instead of the decos given in the events running, some mystery boxes at least 
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    Hello, the only thing i want to know is;

when i buy , for exemple, the big house with golden apples, do i have to up it also with apples or can i use dollars?

I think that it is very important to know.

thank you
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    If you read above

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4388388/#Comment_4388388

"I have more information about the Reward Center and how to upgrade buildings. The buildings with the green arrow next to them, as Heather summised, need golden apples to upgrade (as indicated), the others need farm dollars. There are no gold upgrade buildings (just yet)."
  • JoJo1951 (NL1)JoJo1951 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 310
    thank you
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 20.03.2022
    So, the only source of catalysts now is to purchase them from the Rewards Center?  This will render the Lab almost useless.  But the decos were left in the prize mix.  Really?????
    My thoughts exactly! The only reason the NEW lab was any use was because we could win rewards of catalysts. Now we have to buy them with outrageous amounts of gold apples. I'm pretty unhappy with this and greatly discouraged.

Also, no more gold and silver chests.
  • Well my opinion of the apple situation is what a load of tosh, the only winners in this one is the guy who sits on the game 24/7 and in a top coop I played this game almost from the begining and it was a fast moving fun game now it's all about who wants to give GGs the most money. I spent a lot over the years because it was fun, now no more cash from me. CC is also crazy and never ending we needed 9 mil points to complete the silver rewards in the CC which gave us 2 days to relax, now we need around 28mil to complete guess they are not seeing much of me in the future CCs.
  • BlueZilver (GB1)BlueZilver (GB1) GB1 Posts: 222
    to good to be true ... it cannt be long before ggs change the amount of gold apples needed for Grand House and Country Manor  ... compare to Pleasure Park where it takes forever to get the needed amount to get Country Manor ... and wwc take a month and a lot of farming to get Grand House ... getting the needed gold apples seems like piece of cake.   But i do hope we keep the reward center as it is ... at least for a couple of month  ;)
  • Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    I would like to know uppgrading rate for buildings wich can only uppgreate with golden apples. 150 000 golden apples we need to get 1 of those in level1. From silo maximum amount as a reward is 35 400 (needs huge points), so how many silos I have to play in maximum points that I can uppgreate my beach chicken coop in level 2? And when the flagpole blooms, it will be in level 9 ;D
  • Very disappointed with the implementation of this change. The concept is perhaps a fair one, giving players the option to buy select rewards in lieu of those that are not perhaps required, but the amount of apples, both gold and silver charged for items it frankly outrageous. I can no longer compete in any of the hard work challenges as I can no longer afford Seaweed humus for those items that require many-multiple inputs.

I like the idea of purchasing goldflower seeds and mining licenses, but again the prices make it all but impossible, when considering the other essential items that were previously hard work rewards.

I give it an overall grade of 2/10. Fair idea, lousy implementation. Nothing more than yet another GGS cash grab, just like the ruined Fishing Hard Work Challenges. Spending less and less time with this game which is a real shame.
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Personally, I enjoy these types of changes, when ignoring the balancing issue (ie. type of items offered, pricing of items etc.). On this, it seems that it offers less variety of items than the original events. 
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I do not mind that we have these new apple type currencies to exchange for buildings and such, but what I do mind is that all the event rewards have been taken over by them.  I do wish that they would have just become a reward in the mix of the other rewards we were getting before.  I do miss having the assorted types of mystery boxes.  In them we could get WOF tokens, gold coins, WWC coins, goldflower seeds, horseshoes, besides the seaweed products.
  • I think its definitely a good idea to provide people other means of obtaining certain things like Colossol Cows. However, creating imaginary scarcity for other items such as seaweed hummus and catalysts is such a disgustingly cynical move because ya know where many people will end up obtaining it $$$. Its my currency and and I ought to be able to use it however I want. I also miss the rush of endorphins I get opening any kind of mystery box... even if its premium chicken feed.  :(
  •  I am concerned that all we can work for now are these rotten apples, very boring and the decos? They are a joke surely! Going off this game rather quickly now. I need green catalysts and can only buy a few, the farm lab goes non stop trying to make stuff previously I could win in coop events. Not impressed  at all.
  • I'm finding myself no longer bothering to participate in most of the events anymore, they're no longer worth the time and effort.  This new apple currency thing seems to be a big ripoff... There's way less variety of prizes, and with what little they have given us to choose from, they're ridiculously overpriced.  That means we're now 'winning' far less in prizes/rewards for all the time, effort, and money we spend participating in these things.

At this point all I do is log on, harvest my fields/stables/produce buildings.... then re-seed the fields, re-feed the stables, start new productions... and then log off.  No sense hanging around trying to win prizes/rewards anymore.  I no longer hang around participating in things for hours on end like I used to.

Log on, harvest, reset, log off.

These past couple of months have become quite dull indeed.  *heavy sigh*
  • Yes, one can fortunately change one's mind.
    After playing under the "new system" for a while, I have to add my voice to those who point out the obvious shortcomings - of course it was done on purpose to milk those who pay for more money.
    Yes - the apples coins are good in some respects, but for EVERY event?
    At least they kept the boats in the FHWE prizes, I had several lower level members tell me they would quit if the boats were gone.
    But yes, the biggest problem is the reduction in the amount of catalyst we can now get. I have been working REALLY hard, as someone without an income who cannot buy my way through the game, to upgrade one lab (currently at L98), thinking it would help me stay competitive, but no... now it'll sit sparklingly upgraded, but almost useless.
    Reminds me of a while ago when they took away the booster badge tokens too, and made the best ones only obtainable with gold. Those of us who worked hard to get them all, got "punished" for it by losing them.
    So it doesn't look as if hard work and skill is needed here, just money to buy performance and rankings.
    And so they add a monthly "mood meter", but nowhere is there space to say WHY we are not rating our experience high. I guess they don't care - because if they read anything here, they'll know.
    As long as there are players who spend, whatever we say won't matter. It comes down to deciding if it's worth the effort to keep going.
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    At first I was excited about the apples, but..... more I look at it more I realize what did we lose, can we buy it with the apples? yes and not really, we get a lots of silver apples but not enough to get a decent amount of catalyst, we can get only ones a small amount of golden apples, can we save up for a big house? probably, in a few years, if you don't get the GML, but I guess it is what it is, nobody cares to keep players happy, not even the paying players,
  • Ho11ywood (US1)Ho11ywood (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    I have a love/hate relationship with the new apple coins.

I like that we now have access to otherwise unavailable prizes like the colossal cowshed and the grand house; however, there are other items that we have lost.

I hate that we now have to buy the WoF tokens and construction slot coins, so we do not get as many and we totally lost the 1% decos we use to win in the CC. Additionally, we lost the Level 7 stable items from the VF.  I was filling up the Pig Palace and Donkey Dwelling with these items and they are not even in the trade center to be purchased.

Additionally, the FHWE went to apple coins this time around and half expected to have boat prizes in the reset of the trade center but the prizes did not change. So we no longer can win the higher level boats either.

Maybe the compromise is to place these missing items in the trade center when that event is running. Example: when the FHWE is running put some boats available for purchase with gold apples in the trade center; for the VF, add the L7 stables, and maybe in the silver apples add in some of the % decos.

Thanks for listening

• Juitsu (SKN1)Juitsu (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 95
    Does anyone know the uppgrading rates for those 3 buildings that can only uppgrade with apples? And is GGS going to do something about rewards of CC? Rewards of Champion League (position between 11-35) are worse than rewards in Goden League in place 1. and 2. (even in 3. place you can  14 get golden chest).
  • AngelAcuteAngle (US1)AngelAcuteAngle (US1) US1 Posts: 76
    edited 25.04.2022
    Some interesting changes to the game have happened with the new reward center. I'm really loving the grand houses and the ability to buy other prizes of our own choosing.

However; I am REALLY unhappy about the massive loss of other prizes that we used to get during coop events.
    For example but not limited to: build tokens and water.

TOKENS
    I am just about out of build tokens. I can only buy a few at a time via the reward center with silver apples. I cannot make them in the 'newer updated' lab. I can't buy them with the 'new' temp farm currencies. I can only buy them with gold now. I can't store the now purchased tokens like regular items so I can't save them up anymore like we could when they were a prize to choose from.
    I used to be able to do major upgrades every two days or so. Now I'm am throttled to doing a major upgrade maybe once a week. This makes the growth of my farm FAR TOO SLOW. It also makes the ability of making my own reduced build time pointless. Which is something I can make in the 'newer updated' lab.

One of the best things GGS did was add the additional build slot. With plenty of build tokens to use it and making my own reduced build time, it was something I really enjoyed. My farm grew and was always more interesting each day.
    Now the slowdown due to lack of build tokens has made this game very slow and boring to me.

WATER
    To save on catalysts I continue to use my two nurseries (after all I did pay gold to build them) to help make special seeds. However, now there is not enough water. At some point GGS remedied the severe lack of water only to have it return now. I can't buy water with gold/silver apples. I can't buy it with the 'new' temp farm currencies either.

I'm sure there is more stuff I am missing and cannot acquire anymore but just haven't been faced with it yet.
    I know GGS doesn't owe anything to me at all. I just want it known that my interest in this game has been greatly reduced due to the reduction in prizes especially the build tokens.

Thank you,
    AngelAcuteAngle (formally AngelAngel9)
    Post edited by AngelAcuteAngle (US1) on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I agree wholeheartedly with AngelAcuteAngle (US1). having the flexibility to buy what we want is tremendous but the overall reward rate has dropped dramatically. There is no way I can afford to buy with apples all the stuff that we used to win.  Another case of GGS making the game less fun and less attractive to players.
  • I agree wholeheartedly with AngelAcuteAngle (US1). having the flexibility to buy what we want is tremendous but the overall reward rate has dropped dramatically. There is no way I can afford to buy with apples all the stuff that we used to win.  Another case of GGS making the game less fun and less attractive to players.
    True lots of stuff is pretty pricey. There are a lot of things you simply CANNOT buy at all or only in very small quantities.
    I agree with this too, I commented earlier that having the choice is nice but the exchange rate is a massive loss for us players, but I also view this from a different angle.

TOKENS
    We can still get the build tokens, and even though the tokens themselves you can not store, apples can be stored and accumulated. Since tokens are always offered, they can be bought at any time needed. So, a player could store/hold onto a certain # of apples that they plan to use for builder tokens. Other than that, it is just a personal choice to use your apples for an extra build slot or other options just as GML or grand houses (among other choices). 

Players in large or top co-ops have gotten used to having that 2nd build slot almost always available because they could have a large amount of builder tokens stored in pending rewards. In the past, the players in these coops often received more than they could ever use, but this is not the case for all players. There are plenty who, in the past setup might have received next to no builder tokens and now have a better chance of getting them than before.

WATER
    Yes, exactly. We are in a drought that has not happened here in a very long time. There is severe lack of water in rewards and no apparent place to get more. I am hoping & praying for more rain in Big Farm!  I do hope the game makers can throw a bunch into different places again ... really.... truly .... like soon.... ;)

Overall - - I do wish they would re-calculate the # of rewarded apples to make it so a player could purchase closer to the equivalent of what they used to win. Currently, we can purchase far less than we used to win, making apples, are a very weak currency in the economy of Big Farm :(
  • The dramatic reduction in available Catalysts is by far the worst impact for me (do not get me started on the FHWE .. grrrr). I invested a great deal (for me at least) into the Lab which has been so severely nerfed, that I am seriously considering whether it is in fact even worth continuing with this game. Seems to me that most every single change made in the past months has in some manner curtailed, hampered and/or limited features that once made this game satisfying to play. The enjoyment factor has turned to one of frustration and I simply do not want to participate in any game that is more frustrating than it is entertaining or satisfying.
  • Michaelmn569 (US1)Michaelmn569 (US1) US1 Posts: 250
    edited 27.04.2022
    Qestion of Rewards center on Golden apples/gold things.
    was 10,000 for 1
    15,000 for 2
    20,000 for 3

But it only gave me one for 20,000   WHY?
    Could of got 2 for 10,000 each
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Qestion of Rewards center on Golden apples/gold things.
    was 10,000 for 1
    15,000 for 2
    20,000 for 3

But it only gave me one for 20,000   WHY?
    Could of got 2 for 10,000 each
    If you are talking about the gold mining licences, I think you are only supposed to get one gold mining licence when you purchase any of those options. I think they just have the more expensive options there for if you want to purchase multiple.
  • The dramatic reduction in available Catalysts is by far the worst impact for me (do not get me started on the FHWE .. grrrr). I invested a great deal (for me at least) into the Lab which has been so severely nerfed, that I am seriously considering whether it is in fact even worth continuing with this game. Seems to me that most every single change made in the past months has in some manner curtailed, hampered and/or limited features that once made this game satisfying to play. The enjoyment factor has turned to one of frustration and I simply do not want to participate in any game that is more frustrating than it is entertaining or satisfying.
    I agree. I worked really hard to max one of my labs, and now it sits there, useless. This is the second time they've effectively "cancelled" the lab, so why not just remove it completely?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file