Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Fishing fail.

I have a difference between how much fish is in a boat and what the menu says.
Can someone explain what is happening here?

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Each pool has different likelihood of loss

See the GGS Wiki HERE

You can buy protection 

Personally I do not think it is worth buying it

In high risk areas and I particularly want something I will use the ones I have won

• AnnSophie (NL1)AnnSophie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 687
    I understand you can lose some fish but it is not displayed correctly. I did use protection on this boat.

Why is there 266 fish shown on the turbo harvester, when there is just 240 fish in my boat?
  • Personally I do not think it is worth buying it

In high risk areas and I particularly want something I will use the ones I have won

I have enormous amounts of data to support the fact protection IS WORTH BUYING for most pools with 11% loss risk and above. You WILL LOSE more than the cost of protection ($25,000) on average in these pools
    As this turned into a discussion on the use of the Dockyard Calculator and fishing strategy I have moved the bulk of the posts from this Bug Report to the Discussion section

Fishing Strategy and Dockyard Calculator  HERE

• Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    I understand you can lose some fish but it is not displayed correctly. I did use protection on this boat.

Why is there 266 fish shown on the turbo harvester, when there is just 240 fish in my boat?
    You will never be able to protect all ships from all disasters - soon you will find it is not worth buying at all. Better to send them out to get as much as they can & return as quick as possible.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I think this is one of those topics that some players will need to agree to disagree

I happen to agree with DataKing that the available slots on a boat are better served with things other than protection
    I do admit these are numbers I have not looked at in a very long time, nor do I have the time presently to really look at them. I am always willing to change my mind if I see the #s or proof to sway it.

My current thoughts on it are this;
    While looking at 1 example of 1 boat, it may seem like the cost of the equipment is better than the value of the fish lost if it was not used, but what are the other costs?
    If the cost is time during the day and a whole other pool could have been emptied in the time it took for the boats to return if Brigittes were used instead of protection, then the value of those fish need to be considered as well, and for the most part the value of 1 more pool of fish far outshines the loss of a few fish. So, I will use Brigittes instead of protection for a better daily profit in DSF

If your thought process brings you in another direction, please follow your own convictions; I am just sharing mine as 1 view.

**back to the original comment though ...... 

one of my posts that was moved out of this thread on the other topic, also included this comment;
    "As for the initial post, I have seen that too, and have always thought it was for the same reason as Rosy posted. The # that is showing in the turbo harvester is the # of fish that boat caught from the pool, but the actual # you will get (that shows in the bubble over the boat), is after some fish were "lost" in the voyage back to the pier."

If this is really true, I do think the turbo harvester should show the same # of fish that is ready to harvest, not how many the boat was sent for. I agree this is displayed wrong and hope it's been reported to be corrected.  Since this post, I have looked at turbo harvester a few times and it usually shows the same amount the boat does, but sometimes it is different. I haven't really kept track nor noticed a pattern, but don't understand a reason for it ever to be different.
  • nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    I agree with Heather Norsk, et al., that once you've found your best configuration to load your boat, if that configuration has all it's slots filled, then removing a crew member or equipment just to add protection is not worth it.  However, if the best configuration has empty slots, and the value of the fish lost would exceed the cost of the protection item(s), then filling the empty slots with the protection item(s) would be smart.
    Keep to the topic of this thread  ... 

"I have a difference between how much fish is in a boat and what the menu says.
    Can someone explain what is happening here?" 

Further off topic and I will close the thread

Discuss the worth, or otherwise, of protection elsewhere NOT in a bug report

• AnnSophie (NL1)AnnSophie (NL1) NL1 Posts: 687

You will never be able to protect all ships from all disasters - soon you will find it is not worth buying at all. Better to send them out to get as much as they can & return as quick as possible.
    I understand I can't protect everything, thats not my point ;)

Should the turbo harvester not show the amount of fish that is ready to 'harvest'?
    In my case 240 and not 266.
Sign In to comment.