Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Horsing around for this Update

2»

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @amazingrose7 (GB1)  I missed this before

There was a change where if you have zero stock they do not show.
  • Farmer Joe77 (US1)Farmer Joe77 (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    edited 17.03.2022
    Sorry Rosy if we are getting a little off topic, but to answer @ninjahuman (AU1), a chunky chicken takes the same amount of seaweed as a regular chicken, which is 10 without a water tower. The ducks all take 50 without a water tower. Chunky chickens have by far the best egg and dung production of any of them if calculated on a per seaweed basis, meaning you assume they are in a community building so you do not have to account for their size. The chunky also outperforms  a N lights donkey in terms of dung production on a per seaweed basis because a donkey takes 30 seaweed without a water tower. The numbers do change a lot for all the different stables if you calculate them on production per hr per square basis or production per seaweed per square.

Edit: and the above comments do not even take into account using the powerhouse tractor which makes the chunky even better on a per seaweed basis as compared to the stables on the Gourmet farm.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Sorry Rosy if we are getting a little off topic, but to answer @ninjahuman (AU1), a chunky chicken takes the same amount of seaweed as a regular chicken, which is 10 without a water tower. The ducks all take 50 without a water tower. Chunky chickens have by far the best egg and dung production of any of them if calculated on a per seaweed basis, meaning you assume they are in a community building so you do not have to account for their size. The chunky also outperforms  a N lights donkey in terms of dung production on a per seaweed basis because a donkey takes 30 seaweed without a water tower. The numbers do change a lot for all the different stables if you calculate them on production per hr per square basis or production per seaweed per square.

Edit: and the above comments do not even take into account using the powerhouse tractor which makes the chunky even better on a per seaweed basis as compared to the stables on the Gourmet farm.
    Thanks for this information. Perhaps you can also provide the amount of eggs and dung a level 9 chunky chicken coop produces with regular feed and without any additional boosts or handbooks.

It sounds like the only use of this building is to get some extra eggs or dung for missions with some seaweed or for eggs in the village fair and at least makes doing it more worthwhile as the price is lower. But apart from that, it's not useful compared to other options like having a cowshed in its place.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @ninjahuman (AU1)

here are my figures .... just FYI, my MF is extremely in the red, huge production costs (workers are not happy), and I did take the library book figure out of the equation, and made sure I have no egg booster assigned, so this should be just base harvest #  (I am only posting for regular feed, but if you are curious for other feeds, please let me know)

on regular feed....
    Level 9 chunky chicken produces 389 eggs & 173 dung in 2h20m, and costs me $775 to begin production
    that is 2.78 egg/min,   1.24 dung/min,    at a cost of $1.99/egg and $4.48/dung *

level 9 candy chicken produces 94 eggs & 36 dung in 13m, and costs me $190 to begin production
    that is 7.23 egg/min,   2.77 dung/min,    at a cost of $8.24/egg and $21.53/dung *

So, the candy chicken (for me) produces more eggs per minute but at a higher cost. This does not take size into consideration, but IMHO chunky chickens are better suited for the Chicken Chalet. The other thing to consider with land space is that the chunky chicken uses 24 workers for level 9, but candy only needs 15 workers, so need more houses per stable

If a player is online for long periods of time and can afford it, the candy chicken might be the better choice, but for players that can only check in every few hours or a couple times a day, the chunky chicken might be the better one. 

(*note: the cost here is just production cost, not the cost of feed .... the chunky does produce more per feed though, further reducing it's cost in comparison)
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) and @Heather Norsk (US1)

The chunky numbers I have for regular feed are 360 eggs and 160 dung. I took these from CrazyBigFarm which can still be accessed thru the Way Back Machine. @RosyStarling has a link posted in the CrazyBigFarm discussion which is now on page 13 of the discussions. The chunky is listed under MF buildings but in the cowshed area rather than the chicken area. A while back I calculated eggs/hr, eggs/hr/square, eggs/seaweed and eggs/seaweed/square for 7 different egg layers (there are more than 7) using numbers from @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) and the results were interesting. The only thing the dazzling is best at is eggs/hr. The candy easily had the best eggs/hr/square. Small ducks had the best eggs/seaweed/square and the chunky was not too far behind in second. The chunky almost doubled the dazzling at eggs/seaweed even though the dazzling was second best.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thank you @farmer joe77 for the better #s !
    I forgot about the boosting decos, I just took out books & achievement boosters :)
    I'm very sorry everyone. I meant to ask for the harvest amounts for seaweed feed. I have no idea why I said regular feed.

@ninjahuman (AU1)

here are my figures .... just FYI, my MF is extremely in the red, huge production costs (workers are not happy), and I did take the library book figure out of the equation, and made sure I have no egg booster assigned, so this should be just base harvest #  (I am only posting for regular feed, but if you are curious for other feeds, please let me know)

on regular feed....
    Level 9 chunky chicken produces 389 eggs & 173 dung in 2h20m, and costs me $775 to begin production
    that is 2.78 egg/min,   1.24 dung/min,    at a cost of $1.99/egg and $4.48/dung *

level 9 candy chicken produces 94 eggs & 36 dung in 13m, and costs me $190 to begin production
    that is 7.23 egg/min,   2.77 dung/min,    at a cost of $8.24/egg and $21.53/dung *

So, the candy chicken (for me) produces more eggs per minute but at a higher cost. This does not take size into consideration, but IMHO chunky chickens are better suited for the Chicken Chalet. The other thing to consider with land space is that the chunky chicken uses 24 workers for level 9, but candy only needs 15 workers, so need more houses per stable

If a player is online for long periods of time and can afford it, the candy chicken might be the better choice, but for players that can only check in every few hours or a couple times a day, the chunky chicken might be the better one. 

(*note: the cost here is just production cost, not the cost of feed .... the chunky does produce more per feed though, further reducing it's cost in comparison)
    Thank you @farmer joe77 for the better #s !
    I forgot about the boosting decos, I just took out books & achievement boosters :)
    Ok. That makes sense as the level 9 candy chicken coop gives 87 eggs for regular feed without any handbooks or booster.

However, it is not really a good idea to just compare these numbers without handbooks. Most players will use handbooks and booster badges which will significantly give candy chicken coops more of an advantage. If you use regular feed, all of the level 1 egg booster badges and the 50% powerhouse when you harvest a building, you receive 197 eggs from a candy chicken coop and 702 eggs from a chunky chicken coop. Of course you can use the powerhouse for every chunky chicken coop harvest while not being able to use it for every candy chicken coop harvest, but four candy chicken coop harvests already outperforms a single chunky chicken coop harvest. Whereas even though, for example, a viking duck coop is more effective on the farm, if you just ignore space (which is possible with a duck community) and you play very actively, you get a better egg harvest amount from a single dazzling duck coop compared to a single viking duck coop if you harvest both actively. This doesn't occur with a chunky chicken coop and a candy chicken coop.

I don't know much about the harvest amounts of the best version (I forgot its name), but I think it is much harder to obtain and the candy chicken coop will still be better than this for active harvesting as it is so far better than the chunky chicken coop.

If you want to use chicken coops, you have to be very active. Otherwise they are not worth it and themed cowsheds (tropical or candy cowsheds) are better. Because with the best level 1 milk booster badges, the 50% powerhouse and a level 5 milk handbook, you receive 1,402 milk per harvest. Then you need around eight or so harvests to even be close to not making a loss and you need over 16 hours worth of harvesting in order to make that. That is not realistic at all for even an active player, let alone one that is not active.

You can get exact calculations if you include all the other costs, but from this it is quite clear that the only practical use of chunky chicken coops is for seaweed use.

@ninjahuman (AU1) and @Heather Norsk (US1)

The chunky numbers I have for regular feed are 360 eggs and 160 dung. I took these from CrazyBigFarm which can still be accessed thru the Way Back Machine. @RosyStarling has a link posted in the CrazyBigFarm discussion which is now on page 13 of the discussions. The chunky is listed under MF buildings but in the cowshed area rather than the chicken area. A while back I calculated eggs/hr, eggs/hr/square, eggs/seaweed and eggs/seaweed/square for 7 different egg layers (there are more than 7) using numbers from @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) and the results were interesting. The only thing the dazzling is best at is eggs/hr. The candy easily had the best eggs/hr/square. Small ducks had the best eggs/seaweed/square and the chunky was not too far behind in second. The chunky almost doubled the dazzling at eggs/seaweed even though the dazzling was second best.
    Thanks. That sounds right.
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) The chunky numbers for seaweed feed are 468 eggs and 160 dung. I do not think that seaweed increases dung for any of the stables.
    @ninjahuman (AU1) The chunky numbers for seaweed feed are 468 eggs and 160 dung. I do not think that seaweed increases dung for any of the stables.
    Thanks. I have noticed the same thing.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Seaweed only increases the main product. No by product like dung or leaves
  • Well I like the new menu it is better to me!  And I am curious about the land and why does it have to cost so much to begin with?  It takes forever for the newer ones to get the money to expand.  By newer ones I mean levels under 400.  
Sign In to comment.