Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

gold and silver apples [Rewards Center discussion]

24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
How does one win or obtain the gold and silver apples?
I appreciate your time.
Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Answer ✓
    Check the News Bulletin

We will know more tomorrow
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Answer ✓
    I guess I will know tomorrow whether this answered the question :-)

ty Rosy

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Do we lose the apples after each event ? 
  • Do we lose the apples after each event ? 
    I would like to know that too
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    from what I can see , this new center lasts 6 days so... we have 6 days to buy something of the rewards we see
    cause in the news bulletin it says 
    "the offered items may change in between the reward center closing and starting again."

so maybe the next reward center will have different rewards , at least some of them??
    if this is the case... I sure hope the big house and some other very good rewards remain 
    and maybe you should consider putting some obsidians as rewards
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Thank you Jenny, I didn't see that the items may change part.
    Obsidian is a good idea also putting back in a few catalyzers would be nice
    edited 15.03.2022
    I've asked if we lose the apples and got this reply

"The gold and silver apples don't expire, you can collect them and save up over multiple events. The reward center has a runtime but it should be there pretty much all the time. Some items offered might change over time and limited items like 1x gold mining license reset with each run"

• I've asked if we lose the apples and got this reply

"The gold and silver apples don't expire, you can collect them and save up over multiple events. The reward center has a runtime but it should be there pretty much all the time. Some items offered might change over time and limited items like 1x gold mining license reset with each run"

Thx Rosy
  • Mac56 (GB1)Mac56 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 353
    I've asked if we lose the apples and got this reply

Thank you Rosy xxx
  • Where is the rewards center?
    Answer ✓

In the Parking Lot
  • sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    which currency can be used to upgrade buildings from the reward center?
    (spring pigsty and spring barn)

za jaką walutę  mozna rozbudować  budynki z centrum nagród? 
    ( wiosenny chlew i wiosenna obora)

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    WHY .... I mean, why do we need yet another currency in the game?  The rewards are kind of nice, similar to what players have been wanting to return to other traders, I guess I would have rather seen stables & such return to them rather than adding a new currency & a different place to get them. It doesn't help issues with what we get now from other traders (IMHO).

As for the upgrades @sylciafi (PL1), I am looking at the ones for golden apples and I think based on the screen that 3 of them will need more golden apples to upgrade, but it looks like the cow and others will use farm cash - this is speculation from what I can see here;

Historically if it uses gold to upgrade the background will be gold in the info section, but none of these have that indicator, so I am not anticipating they would cost gold to upgrade. - - again, just based on my observation, I can't say for sure.
  • sylciafi (PL1)sylciafi (PL1) PL1 Posts: 320
    edited 15.03.2022
    Thank you Heather Norsk (US1), I did not pay attention to these arrows and I know that spring
     pigs bought in the center of the sale are expanding for gold, and there was no information 
    about it anywhere :(
    dziękuję Heather Norsk (US1) ,nie zwróciłam uwagi na te strzałki a wiem że wiosenne chlewy zakupione w centrum wyprzedazy rozbudowuje sie za złoto , a nigdzie nie było o tym informacji :(
  • I agree, too many coins now.  Just to get people to play events that aren't worth playing anymore, and to get us to spend the coins on products that can only be upgraded for gold. 

Not for me, baby!    :p
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    If this is the leading edge of a roll-out this could be good. Instead of winning yet another candy chicken etc are we going to get apples to trade for what we want ?
    which currency can be used to upgrade buildings from the reward center?
    (spring pigsty and spring barn)

za jaką walutę  mozna rozbudować  budynki z centrum nagród? 
    ( wiosenny chlew i wiosenna obora)

I have more information about the Reward Center and how to upgrade buildings. The buildings with the green arrow next to them, as Heather summised, need golden apples to upgrade (as indicated), the others need farm dollars. There are no gold upgrade buildings (just yet).
    @Uncle John (AU1)  - nice observation!  Having a choice is a nice change :)
    @RosyStarling - thank you for confirming :)
  • alain64 (FR1)alain64 (FR1) FR1 Posts: 16,615
    Hello Heather mdr
  • So far I'm enjoying earning apple coins. In my opinion, it's better than the old HWE prizes, because at least now we can save up and buy what we want! I wouldn't mind if they take out those last remaining decos from the HWE prizes either, and replace them with coins.

Also very glad to see some catalyst added for purchase. Granted, it's not much, but it's better than nothing :-) I'll be saving up coins for sure.
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    So far I'm enjoying earning apple coins. In my opinion, it's better than the old HWE prizes, because at least now we can save up and buy what we want! I wouldn't mind if they take out those last remaining decos from the HWE prizes either, and replace them with coins.

Also very glad to see some catalyst added for purchase. Granted, it's not much, but it's better than nothing :-) I'll be saving up coins for sure.

I totally agree.  I don't get far during the HWE like I do in the fishing one, but I have been able to get some gold seeds and other things with the coins for the minimal effort I have put in.  
  • _Sass_ (US1)_Sass_ (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    So gold and silver apples make up the bulk of the hard work rewards for the CC, and construction tokens have been removed? The construction tokens and GMLs were the (gold league) rewards I'd come to count on each week, because they were the most useful. Now we have to buy them with the new rewards currency... something we already had the ability to do with various other currencies.

I see the ranking rewards for the top 5 coops has been changed to the new currency, as well. Fabulous.  So now, instead of the winning the special stables, coop orchards, appearances, and booster items, they're just the latest additions to the already looooooooooooong list of things I'm saving up to buy.

But hey, at least we'll still be able to get the kitty kat ride and puppet show decos! We can never have enough of those. <insert eye roll>

Definitely NOT pleased with these changes. 
  • So gold and silver apples make up the bulk of the hard work rewards for the CC, and construction tokens have been removed? The construction tokens and GMLs were the (gold league) rewards I'd come to count on each week, because they were the most useful. Now we have to buy them with the new rewards currency... something we already had the ability to do with various other currencies.

I see the ranking rewards for the top 5 coops has been changed to the new currency, as well. Fabulous.  So now, instead of the winning the special stables, coop orchards, appearances, and booster items, they're just the latest additions to the already looooooooooooong list of things I'm saving up to buy.

But hey, at least we'll still be able to get the kitty kat ride and puppet show decos! We can never have enough of those. <insert eye roll>

Definitely NOT pleased with these changes. 
    I totally agree with you !!!!! 
    I'm starting too lose the fun in this game.
  • _Sass_ (US1)_Sass_ (US1) US1 Posts: 36
    I'm frustrated by it because it completely ruins the strategy I had for building up a strong farm. I've played for less than two years... how am I supposed to be able to compete with farms that won tons of stables, when my "reward" is being forced to save up yet another currency in order to buy them ONE at a time? 

All this does is make the harder for people like me.
  • I'm frustrated by it because it completely ruins the strategy I had for building up a strong farm. I've played for less than two years... how am I supposed to be able to compete with farms that won tons of stables, when my "reward" is being forced to save up yet another currency in order to buy them ONE at a time? 

All this does is make the harder for people like me.
    yep totally agree with you, and im a long time player, without gold buying, and this changes forces you to buy gold. and thats what i will never do !!!!! 
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

Before, we could earn at least 50 legendary catalysts in the funnel effort rewards, apart from the other catalysts, licenses and other rewards. Now, just to buy 50 legendary catalysts, we need 120,000 golden apples... I already received the 50 effort awards and couldn't collect even 40,000 golden apples. The update was to reduce the prizes that we can acquire. GGS being GGS
    edited 17.03.2022

Before, we could earn at least 50 legendary catalysts in the funnel effort rewards, apart from the other catalysts, licenses and other rewards. Now, just to buy 50 legendary catalysts, we need 120,000 golden apples... I already received the 50 effort awards and couldn't collect even 40,000 golden apples. The update was to reduce the prizes that we can acquire. GGS being GGS
    Nice catch !!  I admit, I hadn't kept track of how much of each thing we got before.  Now, I am looking at things I do remember getting, and yeah .... I have done better in this HWE than I have in the past, and the co-op is doing similarly to how we have in the past, but I can not buy most things we used to win

• Reading all the observations with interest.
    Going into my third year of playing. I think in the long run the Rewards Center might benefit everyone better - just my opinion - since we can save up to buy things only the top one or two co-ops could win, like colossal cowsheds. Yes, you can use WWC coins, but some of us prefer to upgrade our kites to keep us competitive. So it's a matter of deciding which currency to use for what.

Sad that we get "less" catalyst now, but I'll still work for it. I'm unable to ever buy gold, so I do work for everything, as does my very special Ripper Street co-op :-) For now I'm still fairly optimistic about saving up silver and gold apple coins to get things that was previously out of reach for me as a non-spender.

Of course, those are just my thoughts/opinions.
  • shazamd (US1)shazamd (US1) US1 Posts: 766
    So, the only source of catalysts now is to purchase them from the Rewards Center?  This will render the Lab almost useless.  But the decos were left in the prize mix.  Really?????
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    I personally like this new system because ever since I reached lvl 150, I can never make it to top 50 ranking, that means I could never get GML, this way I can, plus other things I can save up my apples for that I never had a chance to get,

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file