Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Why Do The Island Coins Disappear At The End of The Island Trader?

Can a mod explain the ridiculous rule that you lose all your island coins when the particular island trader leaves?
It is already bad enough that you have made made all of the island coins less than half the worth of the previous islands currencies (runes, vouchers, shells, etc). You now have decided we can't keep what we have earned on the islands to help us start the next island. This is ridiculous! I missed using my Viking Farm Coins because I was super busy and my internet has been intermittent - in other words LIFE happened! I really enjoyed doing the island farms, all except candy farm, which you have rebalanced to the point so there is no payout in the end! You have even added options for starting an island with reg. farm or 2 levels of gold farm! But you take away our option to keep the coins, that WE earned, you didn't earn them. If we forgot or wanted to keep them for a future island, we should have the option to do that, since WE earned them. An easy solution is to make the island traders available 24/7.
I am a gold buyer and I did spend some gold to earn those coins, so I would really like you to reconsider letting us keep them for that next island. Otherwise, what is the point of playing the islands?
You have gotten really greedy the last couple of years and it is starting to really annoy some players. I have seen so many good players leave this game because of your constant rebalancing, in your favour. When is the rebalancing going to stop? Remember, the players that buy gold are the reason that this game is as popular as it is and is still around. Please stop biting the hands that actually feed you. Bring back the fun of playing the game, without the ridiculous rules of how and when we can spend the rewards, that we the players have earned.

Thanks

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    AGREED!!!
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Moderators are farmers just like you and also suffer from not being able to keep the coins

Can I just suggest you use the Tell us What you Think to send this to GGS?

Also put this into Suggestions

With enough Support we can we forward this to GGS too
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    Totally agree with your points...!
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    @wannago (INT1) Well said! 👍 I especially liked the point you made of the frequent "rebalancing" of temp farms and events that force players to rethink whether they're worth doing or not. 🤔
  • Totally agree with your points...!

I feel the same way !!
    @wannago (INT1) Well said! 👍 I especially liked the point you made of the frequent "rebalancing" of temp farms and events that force players to rethink whether they're worth doing or not. 🤔
    I've rethought and decided that they are definitely not !!!
    vast amounts of farm dollars to get very little fancy currency with which I can buy nothing that I want
  • I've gotten to the point that I only play a temp farm if I am low on the greenhouse seeds that go along with that farm. The rest of the time I skip them.
  • Should I be swapping my original candy farm winnings for the lollipops or not? I won't if the lollipops are going to disappear.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Should I be swapping my original candy farm winnings for the lollipops or not? I won't if the lollipops are going to disappear.
    The lollipops will disappear within a short time period after the candy farm ends.
  • Thanks x what a silly idea !
    Thanks x what a silly idea !
    I could not agree more !!!   Just plain silly.
    It makes the temp farms completely pointless for the majority of players
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I could not agree more !!!   Just plain silly.
    It makes the temp farms completely pointless for the majority of players
    The temporary farms are not really useful for the majority of players though. But they are extremely useful for the active non-gold buyer players. It is just sad and unnecessary for them to change the currency system like this. But the temporary farms are still by far worthwhile for the active non-gold buyers. Not for many other players though.
  • wannago (INT1)wannago (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    There are just a few hours left of the Candy Farm and they still haven't answered the questions about whether the Candy Farm Vouchers will disappear when the island does.

Also, the Apple Coins are truly lazy on GGS's part. Can we please get the regular rewards back?
    Mainly complaining about not winning beakers and orange feed. Now we have to pay for them with a lot of apple coins. WHY is the rebalancing always in your favour GGS?

How about rebalancing in OUR favour, since we buy the gold that pays for the game?

It's been rebalancing and rebalancing for too many years now. Give us a break already.
    If your rent went up a few times a year instead of once a year, could anyone afford to live where they live now?
    Please reconsider your decisions, before you make them. Please make Big Farm a great and gun game to play again.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 31.03.2022
    It has been answered. 

ALL temp farm currencies will disappear shortly after the end of the farm

The new apple currency remains

I was wrong

"Apples, Runestones, seashells (former island farm currency) and lottery tickets (former candy farm currency) remain for now. "
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Can you poke the devs and suggest that the unspent temp currencies should convert into some ratio that they come up with into apples when the trader ends for that farm? That might satisfy the people that have an issue, it will feel less like the temp farms are pointless, and it still cleans up all the temp currencies.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file