Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Latest Fishing No Pain, No Gain Hard Worker Event

Fishing Level 56 - 1,100 ????

Hint: The rankings have been split into groups so that the difficulty level of the event corresponds to the players progress in the game ??????????

How can grouping myself at level 59 with players of multiple hundreds 200+ etc even remotely correspond to common progress in the game. These events used to actually be fun to play and were a challenge at times. Now there is little point in even participating. How may of these so called groups are we talking here .. 2 ???? 

Sorry for the complaining but this really steams me up. Lazy programming and very unfair to lower level players such as myself.

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I have been saying this for years!!  that different level's need to be separate & not all stuck together in one group, Example> 1 to 50, 50 to 100, 100 to 200, 200 to 300, ect or something along those lines, until something like that is done it will continue too always be unfair for the lower level player's. :(
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Fishing Level 56 - 1,100 ????

Hint: The rankings have been split into groups so that the difficulty level of the event corresponds to the players progress in the game ??????????

How can grouping myself at level 59 with players of multiple hundreds 200+ etc even remotely correspond to common progress in the game. These events used to actually be fun to play and were a challenge at times. Now there is little point in even participating. How may of these so called groups are we talking here .. 2 ???? 

Sorry for the complaining but this really steams me up. Lazy programming and very unfair to lower level players such as myself.

Hey,

Thank you for your feedback about the same, we will pass this on  to the team :)
  • Thanks Bugs, appreciate it.

Just as an aside, I see the latest Co-op No Pain, no gain hard work event on the main game is indeed grouped as one would hope. Excellent !!! I'm in Levels 31 - 64. Just hoping that this will also apply to the next fishing event when it comes around.

Thank you again Bugs and GGS.
  • Figured it wasn't going to happen as hoped. GGS have paid absolutely no attention to this issue, as are back to Fishing  Levels 56 - 1,100 for the latest event that started today. I do not even know how to describe how frustratingly unfair this is, and to a good many players.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Sadly, expecting GGS to do anything about anything in under 6 months is unrealistic     :¬(
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    What really gets Me is when the fish you need does not even show up in the pools area, so you can't even do the no pain no gain event unless you pay gold to start it, so I passed on it, :( .
  • This event is back on. How is a level 69 supposed to compete with the likes of this, and how (as the hint states) is this grouping the difficulty level of the players progress ? 56 - 1,100 ??? .. I did some math and beyond the obvious level advantage, there are boat loads of gold going into boosters here. 

I simply refuse to spend a cent on gold while this lazy programming continues. Really very disappointed with this whole situation.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    This event is back on. How is a level 69 supposed to compete with the likes of this, and how (as the hint states) is this grouping the difficulty level of the players progress ? 56 - 1,100 ??? .. I did some math and beyond the obvious level advantage, there are boat loads of gold going into boosters here. 

I simply refuse to spend a cent on gold while this lazy programming continues. Really very disappointed with this whole situation.

Unfortunately, players have complained about this quite a few times and nothing has ever been done.

I guess it will always be subjective as to what level groups are split up. However, I understand why this happens as it is probably no fun when you start out to play events and have zero chance of getting any decent prize.

Something else that may be interesting to bring up is whether the fishing experience level should be used or whether the experience level should be used. For example, unless you are level 145 or higher, you are restricted as to what boats you can upgrade. This gives some kind of advantage that cannot be gained by the lower level player. I think often some restrictions such as level 150+ experience level for this event and level 250+ experience level for the hard work events can work well. But fishing level with 56 or higher is a bit too fast in my opinion.
  • This is precisely my point. Even just 3 groups of Levels 56 - 144, 145 - 249 and 250+ would work well enuf to even the playing if not completely but at least give lower level players some incentive to participate and maybe even purchase some gold in the process. As it stands, there is simply no point whatsoever.
  • This happens with not just The Fishing Hard Work event, but the standard hard work event, and the farmers league.

Back when I first began playing I sent in a bug report/support ticket and the answer that I got was that the program matched people up completely at random.

As an anecdote that may not be precisely true. I have noticed that if I do well (get 3 gold medals in a row on the farmers league) that the next league I'm placed with people that may have gotten nearly the same amount of points that I did on the previous league. I then get blown out of the water in that league and the following league I'm grouped with people that are my level (plus or minus a couple) and I can (usually) once again make 3 gold medals in a row.
    This happens with not just The Fishing Hard Work event, but the standard hard work event, and the farmers league.

Back when I first began playing I sent in a bug report/support ticket and the answer that I got was that the program matched people up completely at random.

As an anecdote that may not be precisely true. I have noticed that if I do well (get 3 gold medals in a row on the farmers league) that the next league I'm placed with people that may have gotten nearly the same amount of points that I did on the previous league. I then get blown out of the water in that league and the following league I'm grouped with people that are my level (plus or minus a couple) and I can (usually) once again make 3 gold medals in a row.
    The farmers league is not grouping players based on what level they are. It is grouping them based on their farmers league score associated with what medals they have obtained so far.

I think the hard worker event has a section for level 150+ and in my opinion the highest should be level 250+ instead.
  • This happens with not just The Fishing Hard Work event, but the standard hard work event, and the farmers league.

The farmers league is not grouping players based on what level they are. It is grouping them based on their farmers league score associated with what medals they have obtained so far.

I think the hard worker event has a section for level 150+ and in my opinion the highest should be level 250+ instead.

Are you absolutely positive on that? Its not what I have seen in the past or in the current Farmer's league. Last league I was grouped with people that were very much higher level than I am. I was the lowest level player that farmers league the next closest was 103 levels higher than I was and I finished last.

This farmers league I'm once again the lowest level farmer but the next lowest is only 3 levels higher than I am and the highest is only 7 levels higher than I am.

Are you absolutely positive on that? Its not what I have seen in the past or in the current Farmer's league. Last league I was grouped with people that were very much higher level than I am. I was the lowest level player that farmers league the next closest was 103 levels higher than I was and I finished last.

This farmers league I'm once again the lowest level farmer but the next lowest is only 3 levels higher than I am and the highest is only 7 levels higher than I am.
    Looking back at this, I said the wrong thing. I should have said that I strongly suspect this is how it works. I should probably also mention that what I said doesn't apply to the first grouping. I think it is just the ones after that where it focuses on the points from the medals.

I think it is just based on chance. Sometimes there are higher level players and sometimes there are not. Here are the levels in the current group I am in after getting four bronze medals in the first event:

Level 921
    Level 533
    Level 475
    Level 460 (This is me)
    Level 374
    Level 316
    Level 254
    Level 114
    Level 87

It has a huge level fluctuation so that is why I suspect levels do not affect who you are put with after the first event.
  • re-siiiighhhh at the latest event, still levels 56 - 1100. Really very disappointing.
  • Here we go yet AGAIN, latest hardwork challenge is on and still NOT GROUPED BY PLAYER PROGRESS as the rankings page specifically states and yes it's the apples as rewards, with a crappy L1 Skipjack / Trawler intermingled. Interestingly however, GGS have now also seen fit to also nerf the Ranked Prizes at the conclusion. No more higher leveled boats for all those spending gobs of booster gold.

I swear GGS are actually trying to ruin any incentive whatsoever to play this game. Just shaking my head in dismay.
  • Just going to leave this blatant falsehood right here ... again

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file