Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Sound Problems

Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  (Sorry for the duplicate discussion.  I first put this in the general area, but think it's more appropriate here.).

Comments

• Cowchow (US1)Cowchow (US1) US1 Posts: 19
    Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  Anybody else experiencing this?  
  • No issues here. Have you cleared your browser cache? Have you checked to see if there is a new driver available for your sound card?
    Thanks.  Will do so.  Good thinking.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 3,500
    edited 30.12.2021
    @Cowchow (US1)  Please do not start two threads on the same issue. 

I have merged them

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Sorry.  Merged them - where exactly?  Can you point me to the appropriate link/place to put my question.  I looked under "sound issues" but didn't find my particular problem.  Found other sound problems, but not this one.  I'd be happy to post in the appropriate place.  Please give a link or an inkling to where I should post. Just don't know where I'm supposed to do that.  Thanks.  
    @Cowchow (US1)

You posted  exactly the same in General Discussion and in Bug Reporting
    See above: you will see the first 2 posts are identical and by you

One you posted in General initially and I merged it with this one you posted in Bugs
    That is why it now shows here twice

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 357
    Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  Anybody else experiencing this?  
    I am having the same issues.  If you get sorted please let me know, thanks 
    Update on my sound problem:  never got the tug boat,nor dog bark sound back, nor the clip clop of the horses, but after clearing my cache I do at least hear the acknowledgement plinks of harvests when ready.  I can hear the music and the chicken/moo/bird sounds. So clearing cache helped a bit, but not ultimately to resolve the issue.  Haven't attempted a new sound driver update as I'm running on Windows 7 and I'm sure there there are no drivers available any more on that platform.  @janflipflo (GB1)  
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 357
    Update on my sound problem:  never got the tug boat,nor dog bark sound back, nor the clip clop of the horses, but after clearing my cache I do at least hear the acknowledgement plinks of harvests when ready.  I can hear the music and the chicken/moo/bird sounds. So clearing cache helped a bit, but not ultimately to resolve the issue.  Haven't attempted a new sound driver update as I'm running on Windows 7 and I'm sure there there are no drivers available any more on that platform.  @janflipflo (GB1)  
    Thanks for reply.  I am in the exact position, no dog, boat and horses.  I run windows 11 and do all necessary cache etc.  Not sure it's us. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 1,611
    Thanks for reply.  I am in the exact position, no dog, boat and horses.  I run windows 11 and do all necessary cache etc.  Not sure it's us. 
    Hey @janflipflo (GB1)

May i know what browser you are using? and the client version that's displayed on your login screen.

When you go to the bigfarm login page, there is a version number there denoted that is the client version number, that will let me investigate this more deeply.

Best Wishes,
    Bunny

• vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 212
    edited 08.02.2022
    My dog has contracted laryngitis ,  any Ideas  ?

I have checked my sound and it is on in settings
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Uncle John (AU1)Uncle John (AU1) AU1 Posts: 10,222
    Gargling with warm salt water ??        :¬D

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,080
    edited 08.02.2022
    This has already been reported in the bugs section of the forum, here ....
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/214776/sound-problems#latest

I don't know why this happens for some players and not others. My sound plays birds, chickens, cows & dog.

**Editing to cross out link;  the link I had posted was to this thread - since Rosy merged the threads it created a circle, or link back to itself
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
    My dog has contracted laryngitis ,  any Ideas  ?

I have checked my sound and it is on in settings
    As Heather said we already have a thread about this is Bugs so I merged you

Sign In to comment.