Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Sound Problems

Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  (Sorry for the duplicate discussion.  I first put this in the general area, but think it's more appropriate here.).

Comments

• Cowchow (US1)Cowchow (US1) US1 Posts: 21
    Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  Anybody else experiencing this?  
  • No issues here. Have you cleared your browser cache? Have you checked to see if there is a new driver available for your sound card?
    Thanks.  Will do so.  Good thinking.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 30.12.2021
    @Cowchow (US1)  Please do not start two threads on the same issue. 

I have merged them

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    Sorry.  Merged them - where exactly?  Can you point me to the appropriate link/place to put my question.  I looked under "sound issues" but didn't find my particular problem.  Found other sound problems, but not this one.  I'd be happy to post in the appropriate place.  Please give a link or an inkling to where I should post. Just don't know where I'm supposed to do that.  Thanks.  
    @Cowchow (US1)

You posted  exactly the same in General Discussion and in Bug Reporting
    See above: you will see the first 2 posts are identical and by you

One you posted in General initially and I merged it with this one you posted in Bugs
    That is why it now shows here twice

• janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Certain of the Big Farm New Harvest sounds have stopped lately.  I hear the chickens clucking, the cows mooing but am no longer hearing the dog bark, the tug boat hoot, the acknowledgement sound of when a crop or a product has been produced.  Anybody else experiencing this?  
    I am having the same issues.  If you get sorted please let me know, thanks 
    Update on my sound problem:  never got the tug boat,nor dog bark sound back, nor the clip clop of the horses, but after clearing my cache I do at least hear the acknowledgement plinks of harvests when ready.  I can hear the music and the chicken/moo/bird sounds. So clearing cache helped a bit, but not ultimately to resolve the issue.  Haven't attempted a new sound driver update as I'm running on Windows 7 and I'm sure there there are no drivers available any more on that platform.  @janflipflo (GB1)  
  • janflipflo (GB1)janflipflo (GB1) GB1 Posts: 388
    Update on my sound problem:  never got the tug boat,nor dog bark sound back, nor the clip clop of the horses, but after clearing my cache I do at least hear the acknowledgement plinks of harvests when ready.  I can hear the music and the chicken/moo/bird sounds. So clearing cache helped a bit, but not ultimately to resolve the issue.  Haven't attempted a new sound driver update as I'm running on Windows 7 and I'm sure there there are no drivers available any more on that platform.  @janflipflo (GB1)  
    Thanks for reply.  I am in the exact position, no dog, boat and horses.  I run windows 11 and do all necessary cache etc.  Not sure it's us. 
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Thanks for reply.  I am in the exact position, no dog, boat and horses.  I run windows 11 and do all necessary cache etc.  Not sure it's us. 
    Hey @janflipflo (GB1)

May i know what browser you are using? and the client version that's displayed on your login screen.

When you go to the bigfarm login page, there is a version number there denoted that is the client version number, that will let me investigate this more deeply.

Best Wishes,
    Bunny
  • vbillyboy55 (AU1)vbillyboy55 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 214
    edited 08.02.2022
    My dog has contracted laryngitis ,  any Ideas  ?

I have checked my sound and it is on in settings
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Gargling with warm salt water ??        :¬D

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 08.02.2022
    This has already been reported in the bugs section of the forum, here ....
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/214776/sound-problems#latest

I don't know why this happens for some players and not others. My sound plays birds, chickens, cows & dog.

**Editing to cross out link;  the link I had posted was to this thread - since Rosy merged the threads it created a circle, or link back to itself
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
    My dog has contracted laryngitis ,  any Ideas  ?

I have checked my sound and it is on in settings
    As Heather said we already have a thread about this is Bugs so I merged you
Sign In to comment.