Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] First Update of 2022

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

This is where you can discuss the First Update of 2022

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    One thing I would like to mention that applies to the previous northern lights farm is that they removed the seal strategy while still allowing players to be able to collect good amounts of themed duck coops and donkey stables from the event. This is very good that the issue was managed in this manner.

That being said, it is disappointing that this did not occur with the festive farm where festive almond orchards and festive peach orchards were not kept in the trader. It would be appreciated if this could be resolved for the next time the event runs.
  • I am guessing that from here on out we will only be able to use runestones to buy coins? Or is this just for the Viking farm and will not apply to the Festive or Northern Lights farms in the future?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    I am guessing that from here on out we will only be able to use runestones to buy coins? Or is this just for the Viking farm and will not apply to the Festive or Northern Lights farms in the future?
    Good question. I will ask the team if they know.
  • Yobray (US1)Yobray (US1) US1 Posts: 2
    How do you collect runestones?  I played northern lights and didn't collect any new runestones.
    edited 01.02.2022
    How do you collect runestones?  I played northern lights and didn't collect any new runestones.
    You can no longer "earn" runestones, but they can possibly come in Gold Themed Mystery Boxes and some of the Omar cart deals.  I am not sure if they are still on the Viking Wheel of Fortune, but we will find out when it comes to our winter farms.  It has been a while since I have seen any as event rewards, but I could be wrong.
  • A very interesting update...

A great idea with the currency exchange option, perfect fix! :)

A bit sad about the "new deco set" just being the one that you place on the viking farm, but anyways...

Thanks for the viking coin trader price discount as well! :D
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Hello to everyone
    ok... the option to buy new coins was not bad but... why did they take away all the other items someone could buy with runestones? the announcement didnt say anything about that
    ok yes in this viking farm you can buy a duck a lot cheaper  (only 3.900.000 and in the last one you needed 4.900.000 coins when with runestones you needed the double amount) but... I dont want to buy a duck and with this exchange I lost half of my runestones.
    and I am not happy about it
    cause it seems that now I can only use my runestones to buy the new coins but I dont want to play the viking farm and I have millions of runestones , why should I loose them?
    can you please give us back the option to still be able to buy items with our runestones??
  • There are only 41 hours left until the Northern Lights Runestone trader leaves along with perhaps our last chance ever to spend Runes on something other than coins. I hope we get some clarity on the question of whether Runestones will only be able to buy coins in the future with all the winter farm traders. I do not think we should have to decide whether to spend the Runes now based purely on guessing what will happen with the next winter farms. These Runes took a lot of work and in some cases real money to acquire and it seems like we should be informed about what is going to happen.

I have also posed this question on the "what is this offer" discussion.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    There are only 41 hours left until the Northern Lights Runestone trader leaves along with perhaps our last chance ever to spend Runes on something other than coins. I hope we get some clarity on the question of whether Runestones will only be able to buy coins in the future with all the winter farm traders. I do not think we should have to decide whether to spend the Runes now based purely on guessing what will happen with the next winter farms. These Runes took a lot of work and in some cases real money to acquire and it seems like we should be informed about what is going to happen.

I have also posed this question on the "what is this offer" discussion.

@RosyStarling  @BugsBunny  @ChickadeeQuilter

Is there any way possible for you to get an answer to this before the Runestone Trader leaves our farms?
    All I can say for now is that it is intended and will likely be the new normal with all the winter farms.
    edited 02.02.2022
    thank you @ChickadeeQuilter for the quick response!

even though it is the answer I was hoping it would not be - - -  signed one very sad, disheartened player at the moment

(your wording however does leave a very little opening that it many not be so, because it "will likely be the new normal", not just that it will be the new normal - nice touch)
  • Thank you for the information @ChickadeeQuilter.

This is what I figured. Eliminating the ability to buy seal feed with Runes was the last necessary step to eliminating the seal strategy on the winter farms, and why not eliminate the ability to buy everything else with Runes since it  is now an obsolete currency?

I am going to guess that the last update already changed the traders on the other 2 winter farms, or will soon once they see how this update on the Viking trader works out. I will likely spend most of my Runes before the Northern lights trader leaves but will still be very upset if this turns out to be a trick just to get everyone to spend their Runes and the other 2 winter farms are not changed.
    You may be right, but of course I don't know for sure. We will just need to wait and see how the other Winter Farms will play out. But you can see the trend.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    Runestones will remain in the game until GGS announce their disappearance well in advance.

They will not "just suddenly disappear" and we will be notified when they are phased out for good.
  • Thank you for the information @ChickadeeQuilter.

This is what I figured. Eliminating the ability to buy seal feed with Runes was the last necessary step to eliminating the seal strategy on the winter farms, and why not eliminate the ability to buy everything else with Runes since it  is now an obsolete currency?

I am going to guess that the last update already changed the traders on the other 2 winter farms, or will soon once they see how this update on the Viking trader works out. I will likely spend most of my Runes before the Northern lights trader leaves but will still be very upset if this turns out to be a trick just to get everyone to spend their Runes and the other 2 winter farms are not changed.

Hmmmm, not sure what you're talking about "eliminating the seal strategy on winter farms", this update just saved it.
    Before, there was a limit of 500 premium seal feed that you could buy with 'winter temp farm coins', and we needed to use our inevitably dwindling supply of runes to buy it instead. Now we can buy as much premium seal feed as we need with the winter temp farm coins, which is the best news as far as I'm concerned :)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Hmmm....so are you saying, @The Best King (INT1), that you have bought more than the known limits of 500 Seaweed Feed for the Seals?  Since they deleted all my Viking Coins, I have not yet earned enough to buy the previous known limits of 500 bags of Seaweed.  It will be great news if they lifted those limits! :)
    That is correct. I just worked around this coin issue to be able to purchase more than 500 premium seal feed in one go.

Hmmmm, not sure what you're talking about "eliminating the seal strategy on winter farms", this update just saved it.
    Before, there was a limit of 500 premium seal feed that you could buy with 'winter temp farm coins', and we needed to use our inevitably dwindling supply of runes to buy it instead. Now we can buy as much premium seal feed as we need with the winter temp farm coins, which is the best news as far as I'm concerned :)

Hmmm....so are you saying, @The Best King (INT1), that you have bought more than the known limits of 500 Seaweed Feed for the Seals?  Since they deleted all my Viking Coins, I have not yet earned enough to buy the previous known limits of 500 bags of Seaweed.  It will be great news if they lifted those limits! :)
    @FarmerCli (US1) The Best King only mentioned premium feed, not sure if it's the same for seaweed feed too

But, I do wonder if it was intentional or if it might have been a mistake and they removed coins until they could fix it on Monday?  ... they did that once with WWC coins, but they at least let us know they were putting a freeze on WWC coin purchases until that Monday
    (I'm still looking forward to the explanation that should arrive tomorrow)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 30.01.2023
    no comment
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Sorry everyone, just been a bit busy lately,

There seems to be no discovered limit to premium seal feed so far for buying with viking coins, and for seaweed feed, there seems to be a limit of 5,400-5,500 seaweed feed that you can buy with viking coins :)
Sign In to comment.