Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Co-op Chat/Discussion Area

Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
edited 19.01.2022 in Suggestions
I don't know if something like this has been suggested already, as I've not read all 67 pages of "suggestions", so please forgive me if it has, and delete this.

Is it not possible to create an "area/room/thread" that ALL co-op members can access, and where ideas can be thrown around, strategy discussed and co-op matters can be thrashed out? There are other games that have that... I know we're not supposed to talk about other games, but it is a great feature. So, we do have a message system, and a chat, so why are those not enough?
1. Members not online at the time, does not see what is being said in chat. Also, what has been said scrolls away, so they can't look back on stuff said a long time ago.
2. Messages can only be (dreadfully) short. Then I have to consolidate ideas, reformulate them to fit a short note, resend, etc. It doesn't really allow for great discussion.
3. Not all members can access the forum, and even if they could, the forum message groups don't allow for enough people. (Some of my members have been unable to log into the forum for OVER A YEAR!)
4. Not everyone can/want to join discord.
5. I cannot force my members to use social media or supply their emails, though most of them do. It would just be so much more convenient to be able to do this in-game.
6. As a co-op where we like to share ideas and thoughts, it's frustrating to try and do so within the limited means of communication a co-op has. We all feel it would be great if there was a co-op "area/room/thread" that EVERYONE in the co-op can access at their own time, where ideas and discussions will stay, and where longer messages can be typed. A place where a strategy for say an upcoming Village Fair can be posted. A place where basic info for new members can be left (like gold lock, etc.)

So my members tasked me to suggest this. Apologies again if it has been done already.

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    That is exactly what Discord is for
    You can talk to every farmer in all countries across the world

You then make your own server within it that is just for your co-op members.
    More and more are doing so.

It is straightforward to join. Sounds complicated when written out but it is not
    There is a FAQ to help HERE

PRESS THE BUTTON BELOW TO JOIN DISCORD

• Thank you for the reply.

We don't all want to join discord. We have older members who already find the technology overwhelming. They are brave enough to play - hats off to them - but the game is already so overloaded, they can't handle more screens and tabs and stuff. Some computers/connections can't handle it either.

Anyway it was a thought.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    A very long time ago (years ago), they had some test server. There were a lot of interesting features there, such as starting off with 1 million gold. But they also tested some chat feature where there were a few different chat sections and there was even one for just the deputies and leader as an example.

I don't remember it that clearly, but it did allow a few different chat sections. It didn't fix some of the problems you mentioned, but it did appear to be more usable overall. Unfortunately, it was never implemented.
  • Bennet Drake (US1)Bennet Drake (US1) US1 Posts: 488
    edited 24.01.2022
    Yeah.
    I occasionally play another game where there can be up to 5 "chat sections" in-game (that is, while the game is active, without having to open an outside site or even a forum). Leader can add people to each section as desired, so one is always dedicated to leadership discussion. And what is discussed there remains for future reference.
    Pity they never implemented it. In my opinion it would be a much more useful feature than a lot of other stuff that do get included. But of course it doesn't make them money, so that explains that.
Sign In to comment.