Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

change how long

When you are building it takes way to long and makes leveling  up very slow

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Yes. That's how it has always been (and it only gets worse the higher you get)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 18.01.2022
    Also if it was faster I think you will soon run out  of enough dollars and will be at a standstill quite often
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @merryheart (US1)
    some things have shorter upgrades such as houses which are nice to work on during the day
    other things have longer upgrades such as the mill which might be better to let upgrade overnight
    that part of it is time strategy, you'll have to decide for yourself which upgrades will work best for you at different times

There is also a spacing strategy, you could add multple items at level 1 using more space, but it takes less time to build rather than upgrade. But, eventually you also run out of space :(

I do agree with what UncleJohn & Rosy both wrote.  The upgrades will take longer the higher they get, but they can also get costly so we need the time to save enough for the upgrade.
  • Thanks to all those who gave feedback. 
  • merryheart (US1)merryheart (US1) US1 Posts: 26
    edited 30.01.2022
    I still find it difficult in the missions. I am only at level 30 and it's impossible for me to do some of their mission challenges. Like when I did the challenge it said not active enough. I had only one field of the dandelion mission and it took me the full time to do one field.  I was active 
    Dandelion missions are a fairly recent addition to the game and, imo, not very well thought out.
    Possible strategies include, upgrading the Garden, buying an additional Garden, buying the dandelion library book (when it''s on offer), using seaweed humus to get an extra instant harvest, using gold similarly or just ignoring them when they turn up and having 30 mins of peaceful farming    :¬)
    I still find it difficult in the missions. I am only at level 30 and it's impossible for me to do some of their mission challenges. Like when I did the challenge it said not active enough. I had only one field of the dandelion mission and it took me the full time to do one field.  I was active 
    @merryheart (US1)
    each mission type, there is a certain # of product that must be harvested in order to be considered 'active', being active isn't just harvesting 1 time

this minimum # is different based on the product in the mission, it's not a standard # across the board

there are several of them that you will need to harvest multiple fields or gardens in order to meet that minimum to be considered active

it would be nice if we didn't get missions until our farms are built up enough to be able to complete them easier, but the game will give them to players as soon as their farm level is high enough to be able to produce the item. It will be a struggle for just a little while, but keep upgrading your farm & adding more, and you'll be able to complete them all one day (hopefully soon).
    I found, when I couldn't complete something in an event, I made it my goal to increase production of that thing (if I made it a goal instead of a frustration, it was more fun)

good luck!
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    (if I made it a goal instead of a frustration, it was more fun)

Good tip, I'll take that to heart
  • I shared for ways to make improvement but thanks for your suggestion

I understand that.
    If they do decide to change it, no changes happen fast in the programming, so I wanted to offer input based on the comments you did make. The early stages of this game does need a bit of patience.

Best Wishes
  • Yes thank you Heather . I appreciate your input
  • Dandelion missions are a fairly recent addition to the game and, imo, not very well thought out.
    Possible strategies include, upgrading the Garden, buying an additional Garden, buying the dandelion library book (when it''s on offer), using seaweed humus to get an extra instant harvest, using gold similarly or just ignoring them when they turn up and having 30 mins of peaceful farming    :¬)
    Thanks Uncle John
  • I do not see where I can start another topic so I am putting it under this one. 
    Is there a way you can update quicker?
    There may be a better way of doing it than this, but when I want to start a thread I click "Categories" (at the top of this page), click the category I want to put the thread in and that page has the brown "Start a New Thread" box

"Update" ??? Do you mean upgrade buildings ?  If so, it's easy, get out your credit card, buy lots of gold and upgrading can be instantaneous   :¬D
    or do you mean "increase your player level" ?  which is less easy. Earning XP mainly needs lots of farming although there are some things you can do to speed it up.
    In either case my personal solution is to take it slow. This is the 2nd time I have built a farm from scratch and I have found the growing bigger phase to be far more fun than having everything done
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

For future reference.

Both issues are connected so this thread is fine

Using gold is the only way to speed up upgrades, production etc
  • There may be a better way of doing it than this, but when I want to start a thread I click "Categories" (at the top of this page), click the category I want to put the thread in and that page has the brown "Start a New Thread" box

"Update" ??? Do you mean upgrade buildings ?  If so, it's easy, get out your credit card, buy lots of gold and upgrading can be instantaneous   :¬D
    or do you mean "increase your player level" ?  which is less easy. Earning XP mainly needs lots of farming although there are some things you can do to speed it up.
    In either case my personal solution is to take it slow. This is the 2nd time I have built a farm from scratch and I have found the growing bigger phase to be far more fun than having everything done

• Thank you Uncle John. I must be learning to have patience  :)

If you did mean to how upgrade XP level faster, upgrading Matilda's academy will earn you a % more XP on everything you do, for each level it's upgraded. 
    It is costly to upgrade, but it is at least for farm cash and not gold.

For upgrading buildings, yeah - for the most part, it's good old fashion patience. We were in your shoes before, it's taken each of us a long time to build up our farms too ;)
    @merryheart (US1)
    Also, for XP, finishing in the top 500 on the Wheel of Fortune gives 2 days of double XP.  WoFs appear every day or 2 so it is not hard (on my server) to be permanently on double XP
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 20.02.2022
    I have a "peeve"! If we are not going to get generic jam missions, then why don't we have booster books for the various jam types? We have been waiting and waiting for a resolution to the Jam issue for a very long time.  After all the Dairy has booster books! If I remember correctly there were booster books available for the Dairy very soon after they came to our farms.  Our poor Jam Factories are in a real jam!  :o:'(:(
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have a "peeve"! If we are not going to get generic jam missions, then why don't we have booster books for the various jam types? We have been waiting and waiting for a resolution to the Jam issue for a very long time.  After all the Dairy has booster books! If I remember correctly there were booster books available for the Dairy very soon after they came to our farms.  Our poor Jam Factories are in a real jam!  :o:'(:(
    The only way they can fix this issue is to remove the jam missions altogether. Otherwise the shelving problem is still going to be there if we try to play missions without the stackmaster and it requires gold to get past while giving barely any decent amount of points compared to field or stable missions.

I do agree that the jam handbooks would be nice though. But not as a solution for the jam missions, just as something to boost the harvest amount.
  • @merryheart (US1)
    Also, for XP, finishing in the top 500 on the Wheel of Fortune gives 2 days of double XP.  WoFs appear every day or 2 so it is not hard (on my server) to be permanently on double XP
    OK  thanks for this tip. I need all the help i can get 
  • I upgraded my boats to level 3. I am still catching very few fish from the boats.    It says probably 2-3 hundred fish in this area and I probably get less than a dozen.  What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
    When you deploy a boat look at the numbers bottom right.
    Capacity is the maximum number of fish the boat will hold
    Use crew to increase the fish/hour and/or the fishing time so that fish/hour x fishing time =  capacity

Have a look at some of the other threads on here. there are some very helpfull videos out there

Also, personally, I didn't buy any boats, I was patient and won them all on FHWE. I also didn't upgrade any till I had Trawlers.
  • Ok thank you very much for this info
    @merryheart (US1), it depends on what type of boat you are fishing with. The motorboats only catch a few fish at a time. If you only have level 1 motorboats, it might be more the boat than you doing something wrong. As you upgrade boats, each boat can hold a little bit more. Also, adding certain workers and coolers help increase the boats' capacities to catch & bring back fish. This varies by boat.

I agree mostly with Uncle John. I did not upgrade motorboats or runabouts. After motorboats & runabouts I never bought a boat, I won them all in the FHWE.  I did however upgrade the skipjacks to level 4 or level 5.*
    (*reasoning: even though trawlers are better, a trawler can not be upgraded to level 2 until your farm XP level is 125 and it takes a bit of time to upgrade your farm that much .... a level 5 skipjack catches as many fish as a level 2 or 3 trawler, so will pay for its' upgrades in a few trips - a skipjack can be upgraded to level 5 at farm level 95)

As UncleJohn said, there are several threads here on forum with a lot of info about fishing, but you might have to do a bit of searching. Here are a few to get you started;

Here is 1 recent threat that discusses fishing a little, and in 1 of the posts there is a link to some YouTube videos created by FarmerDeb that explains the fishing better
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4383833#Comment_4383833

Here is a link to a YouTube video that CrazyBigFarm55 had made about fishing
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnnJ7Ct1bL4

Unfortunately these videos mostly explain using trawlers, but there is other helpful info explaining the choices of items to load a boat with and how to calculate how many fish you will get (I think FarmerDeb did a fabulous job of that)

This here is a discussion about a dockyard calculator, and there is a link to download it. The game has adjusted some of the figures since this was created and another player is hoping to update this calculator with the new numbers. But, if you like to play around and figure out loading boats for yourself, it can be a fun tool. It lets you say what pool, what boat then mix up possible ways to load the boat & it will tell you how many fish you will catch.
    (just remember these #s can be a bit off since there were some adjustments, but I still find it useful to see how different things affect the # of fish caught and the time it takes ..... on the last page of this thread, there is a post by "Southern(US1)" dated 07.10.2017 that contains the most current version of the calculator)
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/156699/dockyard-strategy-calculator#latest

• thank you for this info 
Sign In to comment.