Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

146»

Comments

• Is it just me or is the obsidian farm the most boring thing in big farm?

There is absolutely no fun in it.

Is this the 4th farm people have been waiting forever for?

Pure dud ggs!

Pure dud ggs!

I do understand that the Obsidian farm is a slow one, but it's made that way...

The whole "reason" for the obsidian farm is to get some pretty good resources, if we could reach them and finish the obsidian farm in 2 weeks (without too much gold skipping) wouldn't be very well balanced, in my opinion :)

Pure dud ggs!

I do understand that the Obsidian farm is a slow one, but it's made that way...

The whole "reason" for the obsidian farm is to get some pretty good resources, if we could reach them and finish the obsidian farm in 2 weeks (without too much gold skipping) wouldn't be very well balanced, in my opinion :)
    I don't mind slow - I do mind boring - and the obsidian farm is totally boring

I am looking for fun in the game and the obsidian farm is a total miss on fun.
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Can we use Seaweed humus, on the Obsidian SS? :)

• ArmynaSoryna (RO1)ArmynaSoryna (RO1) RO1 Posts: 151
    edited 05.08.2021
    Putem folosi humus de alge marine, pe Obsidian SS? :)
    If you refer to ss for
     main farm, yes we can use

• 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 09.08.2021
    It would be nice to have deco's on the Obsidian farm the same as the other farms. Like when you buy land, there are hidden deco's under the ice. I haven't came across this yet, anyone else? And will we have a WOF for this farm? That sure would help out with deco's and supplies.
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 41
    I am always short of money on this farm. Would be nice they a a bank like in some other farms
  • Hey all,

Just on the hunt for a bit of information,

Could anyone tell me what boost amount Obsidian humus (level 1) gives?

By "boost amount" I mean the extra % of harvest it gives, for example, normal seaweed humus gives +120% boost :)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 31.08.2021
    I have a real gripe about all this research needed for getting our fields, cows, chickens and pigs ugraded beyond the current maximum level.  It seems that this research has no effect on my level 10 fertile fields. I wanted to upgrade them to level 11.  I am concerned that since I only have the chickens are the Chunky and Candy chickens, the research will be of no use to get those upgraded to level...same senario for the big cows and the Candy/Tropical cows and also the Tropical pigs.  It takes huge amounts of obsidian (15,000 for each: Fields, Chickens, Cows & Pigs) a total of 60K, before I can begin the second row (ducks, donkeys and goats all 15,000 obsidian each) and since those also are the non-regular ducks, donkeys & goats, I suppose I still won't be able to upgrade those either.  
    See my screenshots.  I did the research for the fields but now i cannot upgrade my fertile fileds because they are non-standard fertile fields.  Is this a bug?  I am so very very disappointed!  I was hoping to be able to get to upgrade the land expansions, but I see I must waste tons of obsidian that will not affect anything on my farm. I am concerned that all our research will be useless for the Global Event Buildings as well as they are different from the standard fertile fields.  I am about ready to be completely done with the Obsidian Farm.  

This is a level 10 Wintry Fertile Field

• muggle1 (GB1)muggle1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 124
    edited 28.09.2021
    I am gutted about this farm, I have longed for another permanent farm for years and it is almost entirely unavailable to me as a solo player.  Farmer's league for me is only the hard worker events as I am not in a co-op,  and I want to raise an orca so badly I might have to abduct one from a zoo.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    I finally unlocked the obsidian farm and now I have a problem with filling the market because of error messages about my inventory being too high. It immediately sells of the amount harvested and then I look at my inventory and it is zero.
    This way I am getting nowhere. If at least the harvest would remain on the field, I would be able to refresh the game and harvest then. But no...harvest is gone and inventory zero.
  • depo1111 (US1)depo1111 (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    I don't see anything beautiful about the new Obsidian farm. It's actually ugly . I expected better after all you need to do to acquire it. 
    I finally unlocked the obsidian farm and now I have a problem with filling the market because of error messages about my inventory being too high. It immediately sells of the amount harvested and then I look at my inventory and it is zero.
    This way I am getting nowhere. If at least the harvest would remain on the field, I would be able to refresh the game and harvest then. But no...harvest is gone and inventory zero.

Above described problem still exists. I have to refresh the game at least five times a day because the obsidian farm has glitches.
    What surprises me is that there are not more complaints about it.
  • ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    No, you're not the only one with this problem. I was also waiting for an answer on this topic, but there is none.
    Lucky me: it happens here around once/twice a week. Clearing the cache does not help.

The repeat harvester ( is this the right translation??) has a similar glitch: it puts the harvest in one of the market tasks ( usually not the one I am working for.....) 
    It would be nice to see this resolved
    ria36
  • ria36 (NL1)ria36 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 64
    and of course my supplies are zero
  • Why lester do not work here? 
    Why we have just few deco on dollars?
    Why we can win obsi just on FL ?
    It's a really really slow farm,but seems made for beginners...I'm an old player and i feel like i just restarted with just 4-5 things that can i do,even if i have lot of dollars there....I'm almost done with this farm too. But then,what cand i do with obs dollars?NOTHING.
    Was more if the the last land was in diamonds and bs dollars!
    We need diamonds everywhere..but obs dollars?
    Give us the option to buy land with obs dollars!
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    The Obsidian Farm is intended to be a slow process which requires much patience.  Take heart, you will get there.  Others who started their Obsidian Farms ignored the Obsidian Market and just raised and sold directly tomatoes (which are free) until they raised enough Obsidian Dollars to do more things.  
    The Obsidian Farm is intended to be a slow process which requires much patience.  Take heart, you will get there.  Others who started their Obsidian Farms ignored the Obsidian Market and just raised and sold directly tomatoes (which are free) until they raised enough Obsidian Dollars to do more things.  
    No reaction to my post?
  • Data King (US1)Data King (US1) US1 Posts: 7,994
    Biggest problem with this new farm is production costs!
     I'll be growing tomatoes for ever to make any money from that farm! They need to adjust the production cost to work more like the regular farms.
     Agree with most of the posts of the farm taking way to much just to get into let alone doing any thing on it.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We forward players' concerns but we have no word as yet.  So the thing is, your voice is being heard by the Mods and we are forwarding it on to the Team. That is all we can do at this point.
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485

Above described problem still exists. I have to refresh the game at least five times a day because the obsidian farm has glitches.
    What surprises me is that there are not more complaints about it.
    Above described problem still exists.  :s 
    I have only just discovered it now and since I have repeat on the fields, had it just sold the goods and would not harvest again?
    My goods inventory in stock was 300/900 
  • I'm most definitely not the sharpest blade in the block, but I don't have my obsidian farm to make money (obsidian dollars).
    I developed it only to be able to make obsidian seed, feed & humus, and keep it going with just enough money, diamonds, dung and leaves to continue making that stuff 24/7. And I like that it's slow, so I can still focus on the main aspects of the game.

So I guess one would just have to decide WHY develop the obsidian farm?
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485
    I'm most definitely not the sharpest blade in the block, but I don't have my obsidian farm to make money (obsidian dollars).
    I developed it only to be able to make obsidian seed, feed & humus, and keep it going with just enough money, diamonds, dung and leaves to continue making that stuff 24/7. And I like that it's slow, so I can still focus on the main aspects of the game.

So I guess one would just have to decide WHY develop the obsidian farm?
    No, but you have to make some money in the beginning, to afford to buy land, fields, buildings, etc.
    And it takes forever if you have to sell tomatoes to get money for it.
    I read all the posts to find the method, and finally I managed to get "advice" for the feed kitchen so I can make killer whale feed.
    And now the money is rolling in so I can also afford to upgrade.

I also only go for the seeds, in the long run.
    We forward players' concerns but we have no word as yet.  So the thing is, your voice is being heard by the Mods and we are forwarding it on to the Team. That is all we can do at this point.
    You can add that the problem only occurs when you stay on the obsidian farm for a longer time. I have not seen it happen when coming from another farm.
Sign In to comment.