Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] The Holiday Season Update

RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718

mistletoe-0049gif by 123gifde

This is where we can discuss the Holiday Season Update

mistletoe-0049gif by 123gifde

Comments

• Let's see. Frosty flag?  Yep. It's the exact same flag I won seven years ago. Other holidays always have new flags every year. Why not Christmas?
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    There are many new players who would love to get this flag. But that being said, who knows but maybe next year? We just hope and wait. Many are thankful that they can display a wintery type flag to mark the season. :smiley:
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    I am a little disappointed. No new Christmas event. I like the Santa's workshop, the Advent calendar  and the Snowball hunting but I would like a new Christmas event. There hasn´t been one for years. Some form of the old event (for co ops) where you could collect Christmas decorations a  part every week for 4-5 weeks. Maybe next year a new Christmas event for December? And maybe a New Years event collecting snowflakes, stars or fireworks in January?
    I am a little disappointed. No new Christmas event. I like the Santa's workshop, the Advent calendar  and the Snowball hunting but I would like a new Christmas event. There hasn´t been one for years. Some form of the old event (for co ops) where you could collect Christmas decorations a  part every week for 4-5 weeks. Maybe next year a new Christmas event for December? And maybe a New Years event collecting snowflakes, stars or fireworks in January?
    We used to have a Coop-related Santa's Workshop event, where coop members collected items for Santa, but the mechanisms kept breaking so had to be discontinued.  Now that we are using an updated server system, the said event would not be compatible. We would not want to put out something like that which is incompatible with the HTLM5 system Big Farm currently uses. You would not be happy.  We will just have to wait and see what is planned for us in the new year. :)
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    We used to have a Coop-related Santa's Workshop event, where coop members collected items for Santa, but the mechanisms kept breaking so had to be discontinued.  Now that we are using an updated server system, the said event would not be compatible. We would not want to put out something like that which is incompatible with the HTLM5 system Big Farm currently uses. You would not be happy.  We will just have to wait and see what is planned for us in the new year. :)
    Also, that particular coop event did not prove to be very popular as it was set up. Plus, players who celebrate the holidays were busy with family and had asked for fewer events this time of the year.
  • karadok (PL1)karadok (PL1) PL1 Posts: 1,122
    Santa's Workshop: Is there any chance to get information about decoration set's bonuses before spinning the wheel and winning part of the set (and build it on our farm)? I can't find this option by myself and last time I chose decoration (part of set no 14 - lvl 7, so i thought it will be good), it turned out I got something I didn't like.
    We have brought this issue to the Team.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Also, that particular coop event did not prove to be very popular as it was set up. Plus, players who celebrate the holidays were busy with family and had asked for fewer events this time of the year.
    I remember that event. It was a bit of a nightmare and it put a bunch of players under pressure to try to get a good decoration for everyone, as well as some players having to try to complete other players' harvest amounts and some players using gold to make it in time. :D
  • Alex (BR1)Alex (BR1) BR1 Posts: 102

donated enough products to get to this selection of decorations, I'd like to get one of these three pointed out, but when I click "rotate" it seems there's a bug and it makes me go back to another selection of decorations (one I didn't like and I didn't donate products to stop there)... is this happening to anyone else?

• The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 22.12.2021
    @RosyStarling @BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter

It seems that this Santa's workshop is a little bugged,

For the first problem, it's the one that hayd mentioned above, let's say you're at the quality 5 in the Santa's workshop, and you haven't donated anything towards reaching quality 6.

Even if you donate some stuff to move the selection to a better, preferred selection, when you click "spin", the selection changes and it spins out of the "basic selection" ie. the selection that was there when you just reached quality 5, and had not donated anything towards quality 6.

The 2nd problem, is that it doesn't seem to have a completely fair chance of winning DS (deco set) deco's.

To be fair, I have won 2 quality 8 DS deco's and 2 quality 7 DS deco's, but I've spun a LOT of times, and for example, I've spun on quality 6 many, many times, and I haven't got 1 DS deco from that quality, though I'm got 4 x Princess of the waves and 3 or 4 of another deco as well as 2 of yet another non-DS deco :(

Basically, the % chance for spinning these DS deco's should be the same as winning other non-DS deco's and the spinning mechanism has to be fixed, as pretty much all the deco sets are impossible to complete, as some of each are "hidden" past the "basic selection" of each quality level, that is, unless you have to skip it with gold to change the selection, but that doesn't make much sense :(
    Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on

For the first problem, it's the one that hayd mentioned above, let's say you're at the quality 5 in the Santa's workshop, and you haven't donated anything towards reaching quality 6.

Even if you donate some stuff to move the selection to a better, preferred selection, when you click "spin", the selection changes and it spins out of the "basic selection" ie. the selection that was there when you just reached quality 5, and had not donated anything towards quality 7.

The 2nd problem, is that it doesn't seem to have a completely fair chance of winning DS (deco set) deco's.

To be fair, I have won 2 quality 8 DS deco's and 2 quality 7 DS deco's, but I've spun a LOT of times, and for example, I've spun on quality 6 many, many times, and I haven't got 1 DS deco from that quality, though I'm got 4 x Princess of the waves and 3 or 4 of another deco as well as 2 of yet another non-DS deco :(

Basically, the % chance for spinning these DS deco's should be the same as winning other non-DS deco's and the spinning mechanism has to be fixed, as pretty much all the deco sets are impossible to complete, as some of each are "hidden" past the "basic selection" of each quality level, that is, unless you have to skip it with gold to change the selection, but that doesn't make much sense :(
    I have forwarded your concerns.

Even if you donate some stuff to move the selection to a better, preferred selection, when you click "spin", the selection changes and it spins out of the "basic selection" ie. the selection that was there when you just reached quality 5, and had not donated anything towards quality 7.

That's really disappointing to hear. I was thinking of trying to get a few of some quality 3 decoration for my decoration valley, but I'm not sure if it is going to be worth it if this is the current circumstance.
  • @RosyStarling @BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter

That's really disappointing to hear. I was thinking of trying to get a few of some quality 3 decoration for my decoration valley, but I'm not sure if it is going to be worth it if this is the current circumstance.
    Well, the Workshop does still give out deco's, you could try to win some for the deco valley, but it would have to be from the "basic selection" of quality 3 :( 
    edited 22.12.2021
    Well, the Workshop does still give out deco's, you could try to win some for the deco valley, but it would have to be from the "basic selection" of quality 3 :( 
    Ok thanks. It is a waste to time to go for those other quality 3 decorations so I will stick to the quality 9 ones. That is very sad though.

This is the decoration I was looking at by the way. My other 4x5 decorations do not have village happiness, so I could replace those four with these and upgrade the happiness so I could remove 5 gumball machines and save 20 squares of space.

edited 22.12.2021
    I just skipped the waiting time to try to have a go at collecting the decoration. I donated to get the centre of the wheel on that decoration I posted above, but when I donated this happened:

The decoration was to the left of the duck pond, so it skipped four places forward of where it showed it was going to go so this spin will not even allow me to collect the decoration.

Is there any news about this bug being fixed? It is a really bad one and now I have wasted some gold and certificates because of this problem.

I don't have a screenshot of the wheel before I donated, but the decorations were in this order:

Butterfly feeder
    Silver decorated tree
    Pavilion
    Mystic stone dragon
    Duck pond
    Swimming hole
    Ancient dragon sculpture

In addition, if I recall correctly, last time we were able to donate a certain amount of items that would allow us to spin for decorations of two different quantities. Like spinning for some of the quality 3 decorations on the left side and some of the quality 4 decorations on the right side instead of having some strict border. I think this is also a bug.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    As Chickadee said the issue has been forwarded and is being investigated
  • No offence, but I would say that the Santa's wheel should be immediately stopped and restarted later on in Jan when it's fixed...

This is because, let's be honest, ggs is about to go on Holiday maybe, and I wouldn't think that they would play the Workshop a 2nd time just to appease us because they screwed up (no offence, but it's a fact).

Anyways, maybe they'll get it fixed after all, I would love to complete my Gnome set, if anyone else has got a deco that's part of a deco set that's not #16, #15, #14, #13, #5, #3 could you please send me a message, I would love to find out the details of that deco set :)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I have gotten the exact same deco the past 3 days, and IMHO it's the least appealing on the level I've been choosing. The 2 previous days I played it seemed a little more random (I did miss a day), but now it seems this event might not be working quite right. 
  • jwllmsjnb (US1)jwllmsjnb (US1) US1 Posts: 409
    Does anybody know when the last day for the Christmas Wheel is?
    Open the wheel it shows the remaining time of the current wheel top right
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    I think what jwllmsjnb is asking is... if this is the last Christmas wheel or there will be onother one 
    Oh, I suspect at least one more but we have not been told

If we get any information one of us will let you know
  • @ninjahuman (AU1) I have been hammering away at the wheel for level 3 decos for my valley, hoping to get some higher VH ones than what I have. The silver decorated tree was very appealing to use as a replacement for a cotton candy machine. Turns out that deco and the enchanted tree which I also got are part of a decoration set. I could not find them at first and support told me to look on the gourmet farm as they are part of a gourmet set. They only show up in my inventory when I am on the gourmet farm. I tried going to deco valley to place one but cannot. Apparently they can only be placed on the gourmet farm.

I am hoping we get more information on the deco sets before wasting too many resources on Santas wheel only to find the deco we were after cannot be used where we wanted to put it.
    As much as we know of the deco sets are in the GGS Wiki HERE

It is in German but I have set it to auto translate
  • Sandy P (US1)Sandy P (US1) US1 Posts: 1
    The Christmas ornaments aren't dropping when I collect on my farm.  Today is the last day and I've collected pigs, windmill, 3 fields, 3 chickens, milk...you get the idea for multiple harvests and I've seen the meter increase by 7 decorations only.  I'm level 33 only but it's so discouraging to grow rutabagas on four fields and no tree progress?  What am I missing?
  • Mariann (INT1)Mariann (INT1) INT1 Posts: 55
    The Christmas ornaments aren't dropping when I collect on my farm.  Today is the last day and I've collected pigs, windmill, 3 fields, 3 chickens, milk...you get the idea for multiple harvests and I've seen the meter increase by 7 decorations only.  I'm level 33 only but it's so discouraging to grow rutabagas on four fields and no tree progress?  What am I missing?

If you have violet seeds, then grow them, takes 45 min to grow but every field will give you 1 ornament, or rose seeds, take only 30 min to grow, or pretty much any event seeds will do the trick,
  • GrammaLeah (US1)GrammaLeah (US1) US1 Posts: 611
    I ran into the same problem as FarmerJoe77 when I bought a Gift Dispenser with my Santa hat coins.
    Nothing said it can only be used on the main farm when I bought it, but that's the only place it shows up in inventory.
    When you bought those sets from the Trade Center, you do need to click on the "info button" and then when it opens up click on the blue info button and then click on the upper right tab.  If you hover over the house icon next to the #18 you will easily see that it is usable on the Main Farm.  :)  Hope this helps.

• landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Why is there no longer an offer to buy the prize after an event has ended? The festive spirit event ended, I didn´t collect enough for the tree and the flag. Usually you get an offer to buy the decoration. Not this time. And this has happened before with another search event. Please put back the chance to buy the prize, not everyone is able to collect the prizes.
Sign In to comment.