Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Rep Point %

I was searching the forum for updated info about the Rep point % paid for 1st, 2nd 3rd and so in during a mission. What I did find I do believe to be outdated. Any new info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I do have some figures but they are at least 18 months old
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    That may be newer than what I found. Would you please share them?  Thank you :-)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    1st place = 100% of points 

2nd place = 50% of points

3rd place = 33% of points

and it goes down a little bit after, but not sure what are the exact values =o
    Thank you Exxy!! These %'s are the most current, right?

:-)
    Anti
    Yarr
    I ran multiple pig missions harvesting the same amount each time and then adjusted down for the tractors and boosters that were running. What everybody else harvested made no difference to my score at all.
    For last place a pig was worth 1 point, 5th gave ~2.5 points, 4th ~ 3, 3rd ~4, 2nd ~ 5 and 1st gave 7.5 points
    These will vary slightly depending on the quantity you harvest, as with all things BF there are diminishing returns.
    Well, my best example, is that I do 50K feed approx in missions

If i finish 1st = 200k RP 

2nd = 100k RP 

3rd = 67k RP

4th = 45K Rp

those numbers are a little approximate, but it still reflects well the portrait of it :D
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Is there a possibility that points or % is different based o the type of mission?
    Uncle John gave pts  based on pig mission, Exxy on feed mission ....... so maybe it works diff for each one?
    edited 19.12.2021
    Thank you John & Exxy!
    It is looking like you are correct on that Heather, each one may be different. Mods, are you out there to help us with this question and percentages please?

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    There are no official figures only those we have worked out ourselves.

As far as I know all the above is correct
    Thank you Rosy!
    I've reworked my spreadsheet to give answers in the same format as Exxy's and get
    1st=100%, 2nd=66%, 3rd=48%. 4th=40%, 5th=34% and last=13%
    A bit more generous but not dissimilar.    :¬)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    There is no fixed percentage for finishing in a certain place in a mission. In fact, I highly doubt that such a thing even exists as it appears to be determined by your place and the amount you harvest in some way where the percentage would not be fixed.

A simple example:

All reputation point amounts are stated without including boosters of any type. A non-solo mission refers to a mission where at least two players have reached the minimum harvest amount as the mission is treated as a solo mission otherwise.

1st with 1,000 rutabaga in a non-solo mission gives 5,414 reputation points.
    2nd with 1,000 rutabaga in a non-solo mission gives 3,814 reputation points
    1st with 4,020 rutabaga in a non-solo mission gives 14,557 reputation points
    2nd with 4,020 rutabaga in a non-solo mission gives 9,307 reputation points

Now compare the ratios of the 1,000 rutabaga missions and the 4,020 rutabaga missions. 1st place gave around 41.95% more reputation points than 2nd place in the 1,000 rutabaga missions and 1st place gave around 56.41% more reputation points than 2nd place in the 4,020 rutabaga missions. So this percentage is clearly not fixed and suggests that some percentage-like feature may not even be built in this way.

1st place = 100% of points 

2nd place = 50% of points

3rd place = 33% of points

and it goes down a little bit after, but not sure what are the exact values =o
    I've reworked my spreadsheet to give answers in the same format as Exxy's and get
    1st=100%, 2nd=66%, 3rd=48%. 4th=40%, 5th=34% and last=13%
    A bit more generous but not dissimilar.    :¬)
    How did you two come up with those amounts?
    I too am curious on these % figures.

I have, for example, received the exact same # of rep pts for both 5th & 6th place when harvesting the same # of an item. This is true for several different types of missions (feed, wf, alf, corn)

@ninjahuman (AU1)
    All I've done is taken the RP I scored in each position and expressed it as a % of the RP I scored for coming first which I think was how exxy was expressing it.  (I prefer my original points per pig expression but was trying to make a comparison of our findings possible)

@Heather Norsk (US1)  Were your 5th places in missions with only 5 players scoring above 0 ?  I found that I scored only 1 point/pig if I was last (ie the lowest, non-zero score) regardless of what position I finished in. (This explains why solo missions are so bad because you are deemed to have come last)
    @Uncle John (GB1)
    it didn't make a difference if there were 6 participating members or just 5

you state that you count the RP you score ..... do you mean that you use the total you actually receive - or do you calculate your % based on the base "result" which is the XP for the mission before adding in for farm machines and boosters?

If you each are using the actual RP you receive, it will be diff % for everyone based on kites, personal & coop boosters, etc
    As I said at the start  "I ran multiple pig missions harvesting the same amount each time and then adjusted down for the tractors and boosters that were running."     :¬)
    Well.. its pretty simple, 2 factors to determinate your points of a mission

First is Quantity harvested , Then it goes with your position 

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    @ninjahuman (AU1)
    All I've done is taken the RP I scored in each position and expressed it as a % of the RP I scored for coming first which I think was how exxy was expressing it.  (I prefer my original points per pig expression but was trying to make a comparison of our findings possible)

@Heather Norsk (US1)  Were your 5th places in missions with only 5 players scoring above 0 ?  I found that I scored only 1 point/pig if I was last (ie the lowest, non-zero score) regardless of what position I finished in. (This explains why solo missions are so bad because you are deemed to have come last)
    Did you check that with a bunch of missions or just with a few? It looks like these percentages go out of the window when you vary the harvest amounts.

Also, from what I have seen solo missions (and all missions where no one else harvests the minimum activity amount) treats you as finishing in 3rd place. I think the other part is also not right as it just appears to depend on the amount you harvested and what place you came (as well as if others reached the minimum harvest amount if you are in 1st.)

Yes, that sounds right. I don't think there is any kind of simple percentage relationship between finishing in different ranks though.

Here is a link to some information I have about missions so far. I still have to add another few thousand missions to it, but hopefully some players will find it useful.

That's pretty much what I gathered too ;)
    I think we can all agree that " 2 factors to determinate your points of a mission First is Quantity harvested , Then it goes with your position "
    The primary aim of my investigation was to prove this to myself and to show that what others harvested had no effect on my score
    The secondary aim was to help me find useful strategies to increase  my co-op's score given that I don't spend cash on this game and so coming 1st was not an option usually.
    I think that the only useful things I can add to exxy's summation  are that regardless of how many people are in the mission - 
    Last place (lowest non-zero harvest) always scores very little 
    The other places will always score the same for the same harvest eg 2nd of 3 scores the same as 2nd of 6
  • So, what is the best strategy in a solo mission, as I get lots of them recently?
    So, what is the best strategy in a solo mission, as I get lots of them recently?
    No easy answer to that one  :¬(
    My strategy is to either shelve or go and do something else for half an hour.  (and certainly not waste specials or seaweed or dairy tokens or etc etc)
  • I tend to do the same, thanks.
    Thank you all for your input, it was very helpful.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file