Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Festive Farm Trader

2»

Comments

• nuke9104 (US1)nuke9104 (US1) US1 Posts: 149
    Supply chain problems  ;)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Please see my correction to the post above

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4376231/#Comment_4376231

Correction. - 
    The runestones are still in the themed gold boxes  
    We can still receive more runestones, just not from the farms
    The Runestone Trader remains for now
    Thank you @RosyStarling
    I am still looking for a confirmation on whether or not runestones will now also get reset to zero after the farm ends & the trader leaves?
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 07.12.2021
    Yes, there is now a limit :(

Why I do not know

I have a theory in that regard. Unlike the other temporary farms, the rewards issued for the winter farm was/is too high. It was possible to buy seal feed with runestones and sell the seals for more runestones than the seal feed cost. This resulted in a snowball of rewards that likely broke the reward system for the farm. Rather than nerf the amount of rewards earned, and cause a player uproar for that, I suspect they decided to take a less controversial road and limit the amount of seal feed that you can buy.
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 09.12.2021
    I can understand to some extend that the 3 winterfarms should have different currency as a reward.
    What I find absolutely ridiculous is that after the event you have to spend all before the trader leaves : it means that the higher priced items will become unavailable for players that have no money to spend for a game. 

I really don't understand that a company that prides itself as a Free2play games developer, is trying so hard to get everyone to pay for the game. Playing for free and then getting nowhere because the big spenders are always the only ones winning events, does not sound so Free2play to me.

Every change in the last year(s) gives options to get a headstart by spending gold.  Where in the past "balance"  was THE word for this game, now buying into the game seems all that counts.
  • I can understand to some extend that the 3 winterfarms should have different currency as a reward.
    What I find absolutely ridiculous is that after the event you have to spend all before the trader leaves : it means that the higher priced items will become unavailable for players that have no money to spend for a game. 

I really don't understand that a company that prides itself as a Free2play games developer, is trying so hard to get everyone to pay for the game. Playing for free and then getting nowhere because the big spenders are always the only ones winning events, does not sound so Free2play to me.

Every change in the last year(s) gives options to get a headstart by spending gold.  Where in the past "balance"  was THE word for this game, now buying into the game seems all that counts.
    You disccribed my feelings perfect @Kimmiecat (NL1)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    I don't mind " Playing for free and then getting nowhere because the big spenders are always the only ones winning events", if I was spending real cash I would expect it to give me an edge but this change means that there are chunks of the game that are completely pointless if I don't spend real cash! and it's a trend !!!   First we had the Balloon WoF, then the removal of all GMLs from the prizes, then the GPE and now the temp farms. I can only assume that they are loosing customer base hand over fist and don't care!
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Well, with this change, I no longer plan on setting up the island temp farms..  If we can't save for the bigger items, and now all chance of getting small ducks or cows from the farms have been taken unless you rank in the top, it is not worth it  IMO.  I have a feeling I am not the only one that will no longer set up the island temp farms
    Please rethink this change GGS...
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 09.12.2021
    its all about the gold, eh money, Meja sang about it years ago.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I gave up on all the temp farms years ago, they were just not worth it to me to bother with then & even more now.
  • The only thing the temp farms are worth now is playing for wheel tokens and the time and farm dollars required are not worth it.
  • tbh I am really confused with the role of this new coin. 

It looks like it has replaced runestones in all forms, but the runestones haven't gone & I can't now see how we can get more of them? so why haven't they just been converted?? and only had 1 form of currency ...  

then the awards from the coins are different to the runestones. But what really confuses me is that the end of event award is 5 million coins ... but you have to use them before the end of the event? How on earth does that work?? I always use the end award to buy the extra people & happiness the next time it comes, but that is missing from the coins awards. 

Like many have said, I really like the fact that we can save up for big ticket items. I am disappointed that that will not be the case for the coins. 
    The festive coins seems to serve no actual purpose so far that could not be achieved with rune-stones itself, nevertheless, we can only hope for a reversal of the those new coins...

@debj (GB1) The festive coin trader should stay for a few days after the Festive farm ends, so we'll have a chance to spend all of our Festive coins, including the 5M from the ranking reward :)
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It's been ages since this issue has occurred and as far as I am aware, they are doing NOTHING about this so we have to buy the themed buildings or have to collect them 10x more slowly.

I would also like to know about whether there will be other times where the runestones can be spent, such as for the next farm and if that trader will be in the original condition (with themed buildings like the themed donkey stables and themed duck coops available).

Another problem is that there must be limits on some items such as the premium seal food, but no limit is mentioned until you reach that limit. It should state it straight away so you can know what to plan for.

Finally, this has already been mentioned but with regards to planning above, you should be able to see the sale price of each item as there is no practical way to plan for this event otherwise.
  • killua25 (IT1)killua25 (IT1) IT1 Posts: 748
    edited 18.12.2021
    it would be right that the thematic buildings can also be purchased through Christmas coins, for example, as regards the Christmas island, the Christmas almond groves and Christmas peach trees. Given the introduction of Nordic coins and Viking coins that give the possibility of being able to be used to buy the thematic chicken coops and donkey stables of the various islands.
    it would be right to insert a new method to accumulate the runes perhaps even giving the possibility of being able to buy a maximum quantity through the various coins.
    Will we no longer be able to purchase items with runestones when the next winter-themed temporary farm arrives?

@BugsBunny @ChickadeeQuilter @RosyStarling
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    We have not heard what will happen to the runestones following the end of the Festive Farm event.  I do know that after a few days following the end of the Festive Farm, the new Festive Coins will disappear from your inventory. But you should have ample time to use them up before the next Temp Farm begins.
    We have not heard what will happen to the runestones following the end of the Festive Farm event.  I do know that after a few days following the end of the Festive Farm, the new Festive Coins will disappear from your inventory. But you should have ample time to use them up before the next Temp Farm begins.
    Thanks. Please mention if you find out though, as if this is going to happen then I would prefer to save the runestones and purchase themed duck coops instead of many extra themed orchards that are just spares in my dropbox.
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 20.12.2021
    I am holding my breath to see what happens.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 20.12.2021
    Never fear! Runestones are not going. This is the latest info: They can no longer be earned. Only won. The Runestone Trader will come and go regularly 
  • and so pushing you to buy gold if you want some expensive deco's or something else. 
    very bad choise GGS
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    With this change, unless we earn enough tokens in during one Temp farm with out pushing, the I no longer plan on doing the any of the Island Farms.
    I like to wait and see what the changes are about before I make a negative comment, but this just doesn't seem like a good change at all.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thanks. Please mention if you find out though, as if this is going to happen then I would prefer to save the runestones and purchase themed duck coops instead of many extra themed orchards that are just spares in my dropbox.
    Never fear! Runestones are not going. This is the latest info: They can no longer be earned. Only won. The Runestone Trader will come and go regularly 
    @ninjahuman (AU1), the sad thing is that the themed ducks are no longer an option from the runestone trader, at least not that I can see. 

Thank you so very much @ChickadeeQuilter, this is exactly what we've been waiting to hear !!!!  :)

edited 21.12.2021
    Thanks. This is good to hear.

@ninjahuman (AU1), the sad thing is that the themed ducks are no longer an option from the runestone trader, at least not that I can see. 
    What would usually occur previously is that the runestone trader arrives in a different form for each winter farm and for the festive farm the trader would offer festive almond and festive peach orchards instead of those themed duck coops. So if it continues as usual for the viking farm or the northern lights farm, viking duck coops or northern lights duck coops should be offered for the corresponding winter farm.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file