Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Curious about speed fertilizer

Speed fertilizer. Do you use it? If you do, what do you use it for, and when do you use it?

Currently I only use speed fertilizer on apples during cooperative challenges and even then only if apples is one of the first missions that come up in the 1 hour time frame I allot for playing a CC in any one day. I have never had an orchard that was fertilized with speed fertilizer produce a business card when I harvested it which would be the only other reason that I would use it. Consequently I have a bunch of speed fertilizer that is just taking up space in my barn.

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 16.11.2021
    Speed fertilizer. Do you use it? If you do, what do you use it for, and when do you use it?

Currently I only use speed fertilizer on apples during cooperative challenges and even then only if apples is one of the first missions that come up in the 1 hour time frame I allot for playing a CC in any one day. I have never had an orchard that was fertilized with speed fertilizer produce a business card when I harvested it which would be the only other reason that I would use it. Consequently I have a bunch of speed fertilizer that is just taking up space in my barn.

@Grandpa Squeak (US1)  When you say "speed fertilizer", are you talking about the Seaweed fertilizer? There's plenty of ways to use that. :)

• Speed fertilizer. Do you use it? If you do, what do you use it for, and when do you use it?

@Grandpa Squeak (US1)  When you say "speed fertilizer", are you talking about the Seaweed fertilizer? There's plenty of ways to use that. :)

No. Speed Fertilizer.

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 16.11.2021
    Oh, that fertilizer. I have a ton of it too. Never use it because the amount of harvest is so small compared to the other ferts. Maybe someone else will respond and let us both know how it's best utilized.  Best regards.  :)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 17.11.2021
    TBH I can't ever recalling using it.

Some must as a co-op member once asked where it came from as he wanted more.

I never thought to ask why he wanted it

I guess if you were in a competitive co-op it might just help you pip someone to the post
    Or  just few fairly quickly in a VF
    Of you needed a few to top up the funnel to 10 during a HWE
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I use it on just one of my cherry trees and one of my peach trees.  That way if something happened and I need either one in a hurry I don't have to wait 12 or 14 hours.  
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is basically for active players. You can use it while the worldwide championship event is running and get points faster than harvesting with regular feed. Also, you can get a lot more harvest in the same amount of time if you have handbooks active. In addition, what maxiroy said above is also a common practice for some players.
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    I use it for HWE too. if I dont want to play apples I use speed fertiliser to pass apples without bypassing it with gold, preferably in a low lever orchard (if you have one) 
    and better yet if a coopmate has a prank to put on it (only the pranks that reduces 50% of production, not all pranks) then it takes less time 
  • Thanks for the info folks.

I'm a pretty active player, since I'm retired, but I've never run into a situation where it was useful for anything other than apples the way I mentioned. I've never run into a situation with cherries, peaches, or almonds that the still too long time for those with speed fertilizer can't be planned around with regular fertilizer.

When apples came up for HWE was usually right before I was going to sign off for the night anyway so I just harvested them and then used a bit of seaweed to get the time down to about how long I would be asleep and since I've leveled up and am getting Jasmine for HWE I haven't had apples come up in the last 4 or 5 HWE. My coop is small enough that we don't do VF challenges longer than 60 minutes so its not really useful there and for coop challenge I just harvest the apples which is usually enough to harvest and shelve without the stack master and after that harvest I will use a bit of speed fertilizer if apples was an early mission goal but if it was late I usually just don't refertilize one orchard and use seaweed if it comes up again while my stack master is still running.

I didn't see it last year with Santa. Has anyone seen it come up as one of his items?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I use it for HWE too. if I dont want to play apples I use speed fertiliser to pass apples without bypassing it with gold, preferably in a low lever orchard (if you have one) 
    and better yet if a coopmate has a prank to put on it (only the pranks that reduces 50% of production, not all pranks) then it takes less time 
    That is a good point. I forgot about this one, but it was the one I used to take advantage of most frequently for the hard worker events.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I use it on just one of my cherry trees and one of my peach trees.  That way if something happened and I need either one in a hurry I don't have to wait 12 or 14 hours.  
    I do the same as maxiroy during the day on peaches & cherries, it has paid off a time or 2 for me to have an orchard ready ;)
    And I do the same as Jenny1979 for apples during the HWE so I can get to the next product more quickly in the silo.
    Thank you ninjahuman, I had forgot about using them for more WWC points  :)

In addition to these, I also use speed fertilizer;
     during the VF, especially on longer challenges. But, they still help even on the 30 or 60 min ones, because you still get more points for every item harvested even after the co-op has harvested enough to meet the challenge goal

when I get the mystery box that awards bonus XP when harvesting orchards, to get more harvests in during the limited time  (this is even sweeter if you happen to get this box when you also have 1/2 time running, then it's a few thousand XP every 9 minutes for each apple orchard)

• Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    Definitely cherries and peach, especially on a low-level orchard with some handbook levels, the handbook bonus fully applies to speed fertilizer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file