Home EN Bug Reporting & Technical Issues

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Gif's not working in signatures

This discussion was created from comments split from: You want a nice signature? It's Here!!.

Comments

• ange noir (INT1)ange noir (INT1) INT1 Posts: 11
    edited 19.10.2021
    yes i did, there was a pop up saying "the changes have been saved"
    just weird
    i will go back and check it all again, it's gotta be something small because the signature pic is in the message box for the signature.

i simply inserted the image from above right here, it didn't come from the signature setting
    i think it's a glitch on GGS side. i will try again in a few days. i love both signature, super , i will make them work:)
    thank you:)

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 21.10.2021
    yes i did, there was a pop up saying "the changes have been saved"
    just weird
    i will go back and check it all again, it's gotta be something small because the signature pic is in the message box for the signature.

i simply inserted the image from above right here, it didn't come from the signature setting
    i think it's a glitch on GGS side. i will try again in a few days. i love both signature, super , i will make them work:)
    thank you:)

There is definitely an issue with your account. BugsBunny and I have both tried to do it for you and failed.

We will get back to you after further investigation

Edit: Currently you cannot use gifs in signatures
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    edited 20.10.2021
    @ange noir (INT1)

Thanks for reporting this to us, I've investigated this along with Rosy, it seems that gifs image are no longer allowed on the signature, which is why it is not rendering for you.

I'll investigate this with the team and get back with more updates on whether this is intended or not :)

If you want i can set you a non-moving version of that image as a signature for you from my end, please do let me know.

Regards,
    Bugs Bunny & RosyStarling
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 20.10.2021
    @BugsBunny   Thank you, Bugs. So any GIF sigs that I've made and were installed by a player will no longer work?
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 20.10.2021
    Where have My Banner's gone to, I can see it in My preference section and click save it, but can not see it here or anywhere else , why?

See BugsBunny's post above.

Gifs are no longer supported  :(

• JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    edited 20.10.2021
    hopefully that is only a glitch and not permanent...

edit: I see my gif signature
    edited 21.10.2021
    @JVD (US1)  If you already have one it will keep working, It is only when you try to add a new like ange noir or replace it like BlueDenim wanted to

Investigations are still underway  ... fingers crossed it is temporary

We are not sure when it started but your Halloween signature snuck in under the wire
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
       Replacement signature (no GIF) ;)

Where have My Banner's gone to, I can see it in My preference section and click save it, but can not see it here or anywhere else , why?

It seems that all .gifs that were present in the signature are no longer getting rendered by vanilla.

.jpg and .png images would work fine.

We understand that signatures are something you all love, and is raising this internally, will keep you updated :)

Regards,
    Bunny & Rosy
    @JVD (US1)  Ifyou already have one it will keep working, It is only when you try to add a new like ange noir or replace it like BlueDenim wanted to

We are not sure when it started but your Halloween signature snuck in under the wire
    ah ok, thank you... keep us posted... I will miss my xmas sig if it is permanent :(
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    ok ... I still have mine but...
    it seems that vanilla changes things all the time and not in a good way

they still haven't fixed the issue with entering forum ,after all these months 
    and now this? and why? they cant support it all of a sudden?
    we are not happy with this at all!

I have moved all the 'gif's not working in signatures' to here 

To keep 'You want a nice signature'  just for those who want a nice signature

CM's have been aware since Ange Noir had his problems 
    @Blue Denim (US1)
    @ange noir (INT1)

We've fixed your signature from our end, this issue happens when you use a signature without any text accompanied below, instead of texts you can use spaces on the below line of the signature to successfully trigger it to display.

If anyone who got affected by this, please add some empty spaces on the line below the gif in your signature, if it still doesn't work, please contact me, I'll fix it for you from my end.

Regards,
    Your INT Mod Team
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 21.10.2021
    @JVD (US1)  If you already have one it will keep working, It is only when you try to add a new like ange noir or replace it like BlueDenim wanted to

I did not try to replace My Banner, Tried to add it back where it was when I saw it was gone , as you can see it is not a GIF as it does not move anything on it,  but it seems to work now thanks.

I did not try to replace My Banner, Tried to add it back where it was when I saw it was gone , as you can see it is not a GIF as it does not move anything on it,  but it seems to work now thanks.

Gifs and Single Images are also affected, you need them accompanied by text or empty spaces like (                )

Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    ah, that is why mine works... I have text below my sig :)

thanks BB!!
    edited 31.10.2021
    i have 2 signatures, one gif and one png
    let's see if any of them work
    HUH! after posting it the gif is working!!!!!!!
    Thank you very much:)
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Post edited by ange noir (INT1) on
    BugsBunny said:
    @Blue Denim (US1)
    @ange noir (INT1)

We've fixed your signature from our end, this issue happens when you use a signature without any text accompanied below, instead of texts you can use spaces on the below line of the signature to successfully trigger it to display.

If anyone who got affected by this, please add some empty spaces on the line below the gif in your signature, if it still doesn't work, please contact me, I'll fix it for you from my end.

Regards,
    Your INT Mod Team
    Thank you very much, Bugs:)
    I added the creator's name under the gif al well.
Sign In to comment.