Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Ended-Winners List] Storytime Contest - A Day in the Life of Lester

ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
edited 21.10.2021 in Contests & Awards

Storytime Contest - Spooky/Halloween Themed

A Day in the Life of Lester Crowley
October 11-19, 2021 (3:00 am CEST)

Rules:
1. One entry per player (no multiple accounts allowed)
2, Story must be in good taste (no vulgar language allowed)
3. Can be humorous, spooky, silly, or serious but must correlate to who he is in Big Farm and relate to the Contest Theme..
4. Please do not use non-standard fonts or exaggerated spacing when entering your submission as this might cause the submission to be invalidated.
5. Community guidelines should be followed.
6. Mod team has rights to make any changes to the contest at any time, also to disqualify you.
7. Moderators will read and make decisions as to the top winners. 

Prizes:
We have 30,000 gold to share (4000 gold max for the best story and lesser amounts for other participants)
We have thousands of horseshoes (golden and regular) to share among all contest participants. The Moderators will be judging the stories to pick the winners.
Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Image result for lester crowley from big farm game

Lester Crowley has been waiting all year long for all of us to fail so he can get the chance to take over someone's farm, he wakes up in the morning from his slumber with the knowledge that today just might be that day when he can put that evil grin on his face & hand over the paper's for us to sign our properties over to him.
    He already own's many of the properties around big farm, but just has to keep getting one more each time until finally he will own them all to himself.
    It started out when he was young , he would watch his parent's go around many of the farm's and tell the people that they would gladly help out with any & all thing's If the farmer's needed it, but then after they helped out the farmer's they would then make it look like the farmer's would owe them for helping, therefore either having the farmer's pay up or take over the property.
    The worst time would be during the fall season due to the farmer's getting ready for (Halloween ) , while the farmer's were busy with their crop's for that time of the season & making sure that there was enough for everyone, Lester's parent's would go around and see what they could get out of helping the farmer's with decoration's and food and much more, so as Lester got older you could say that his parent's are really to blame for all his evilness & dishonesty .
    Out of all the homes he does own though, there is the one that he just had to have & that is the Haunted Castle in which even the Ghost's are afraid of Lester, so much so that they only come out when they know he is sleeping in his horridly decade bedroom that seems to be falling apart  since he does not take care of his property, he let's the wallpaper fall off the walls and onto the floors, he lets the ceilings & floors crack, & parts of the castle is overrun with vines, He will not pay to have any of what he owns fixed as he is a penny pincher just like scrooge was but that is a different story altogether.
    What ever you do, do not go to his home for trick or treating, cause you just may not like what you get from Lester you have been warned.

The End :)
  • AJR (US1)AJR (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    Lester walked around Tessa's farm, looking at all the Halloween decorations. The smell of freshly baked pumpkin pie was in the air, and it couldn't help but catch his nose. There in the bakery he spied the most delicious looking pie in all of big farm.. still steaming from the oven. He sneaked over to the bakery
     "I'm sure Matilda won't mind if I have a little bite" he reached for the pie, only to have his hand swatted away.
     "Now now Lester, this pie is for the workers, since they help us so much around the farm" said Tessa. "I did make some extra cookies if you would like some" she smiled and held out the plate if cookies. Colorfully decorated in blacks, oranges, and purples, they were shaped in the form of witches hats-
    Lester took one and grumbled away.
    Later that evening Lester went back to the bakery after Tessa left for the market, he looked around to make sure no one was looking, and took the pie. He ran from the bakery off the farm, he was so indulged in his pie that he didn't notice the stone ahead. He tripped over it, landing face first in the pie. A few feet away stood Tessa, who had watched Lester fall, she helped him up, unable to contain herself she burst out into laughter. Lester was covered in the pie! He licked his lips, and smirked, "I don't know why your laughing, I still got to eat the pie!" The both fell on the ground laughing hysterically. 
    At the end of the day Lester agreed to make a new pie with Tessa, this time giving it to the workers... And after all of them got a piece, he took one for himself. There he sat happily on a bench with his pie, as the sunset on another beautiful day on the farm.

The End.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

Aleister Crowley - true person, born in England on the 12th of October, 1875.

The history books (or Wikipedia) will tell you that he was an occultist, a poet, a painter, a novelist, and a mountaineer, among other things.  What it doesn’t tell you, is this….

A {secret} day in the life of Lester Crowley

We all know Lester as the owner of a rival farm who wants to take over our farms too, but at the same time he challenges us to build a farm as good as his; Why?  What we don’t realize is that his farm is a façade, just a front, a cover-up to what he really has on his property.  The truth is, about 70 years ago he faked his death after discovering the secret to immortality. He changed his appearance a little; a more pronounced chin, a pointier nose, and grew some hair (or is it secretly a wig?), but he kept his beloved pointy ears. After all, they added a little to his new, lovely, sinister look. After his makeover, he started to make plans for how to live out his calling. He knew he had to lay low for awhile, so it wouldn’t be obvious it was him. After all, he doesn’t want anyone else to be immortal like him because then he wouldn’t be so special, right?  It was tough, I mean he LOVED being the center of attention, but he did what he had to, for his bigger plan.

Even though at one time Aleister was called “the wickedest man in the world”, he always believed he was truly a good person. Over the course of about 50 years many other people overtook that title and it seemed most had forgotten who he was, and the bad rap he had gotten.  He only removed 2 letters from his name, and that seemed like enough to fool people about his true identity.

So, Aleister became Lester and he finagled ownership of an abandoned piece of property, he calls his farm. He really does want to take over our farms, but it’s not so he can grow more crops, he wants to expand his occult.  He doesn’t just want your property, he wants you too!  No one who has signed their farm over to him, has noticed the super fine print that THEY THEMSELVES are included in the sale and must remain on the property as a follower.  Yes, he still believes himself to be a prophet and still carries on his religion of Thelema. The more players that leave Big Farm and sell to Lester, the bigger his occult grows. Scary thought indeed!

Lester starts each and every day with the tarot cards that he himself created so many years ago. He trusts in these cards to guide him to whom he should ‘help’ each day. As soon as a new farmer comes to the area, he introduces himself right away to keep up good appearances. But seriously, why doesn’t everyone think it’s suspicious how he knows every time there’s a new farmer, just at the right moment? As soon as he leaves, he reviews his cards again to see what’s next in his agenda. He flies so fast from farm to farm on his trusted horse, Dusty, it’s like instantaneous. Again, I’m surprised we all haven’t noticed this is so suspicious? In any case, off he goes to help another farmer. Usually in area of adding extra products for their selling contracts, but he’s been known to help in other areas too. It’s a lot of work constantly helping farmers, but he’s got a hidden agenda. You see, all this helping is just so that you’ll trust him and think he’s good.  He’s almost constantly on your farm, a friendly helping hand, so that when you’re ready to sell, you’ll think of him first.

Please be leery of Lester! His ‘help’ is a disguise, he is reeling you in!  You see, he helps you, and helps you more, using it as a disguise to make so many other things go wrong on your farm. He continues to appear to be the nice helpful neighbor until you’ve had enough, at which time he ‘helps’ you just 1 more time by buying your farm from you so you can move on to something new and less aggravating. Since he has truthfully really helped you so many times in the past, you don’t have any reason to think this isn’t an honest transaction.

You see, I almost left the game once. I got as far as suggesting to Lester I’d consider selling, and he promptly produced sales papers (again, just a little suspicious that he could produce them on the spot!). I asked for a little more time to think about it. Just as he was about to take the sale papers back, something in his pocket started buzzing an alarm. I thought it was a cell phone. He quickly snatched the papers out of my hand and spun around to the door saying he had to go meet a newcomer, and bolted out while waving his hand that he’d be back. As he turned I could see it was not a cell phone, but a deck of tarot cards peeking out of his pocket!

In his haste, he didn’t realize that there were only a few papers in my hand, the rest I had laid on the table. I started to read the agreement, and without him there distracting and hurrying me along, I was able to read all of the fine print.  Needless to say, I was quite startled by what I read!  After the initial shock wore off, I google-searched the picture I had seen on the tarot cards & that’s when I learned of Aleister Crowley. A little more digging and a bit of spying is how I uncovered the rest & Lester's true identity. I tried to get onto his farm to see if there’s a way to rescue people, but his cat Bessie is an amazing guard animal. Her abilities are just surreal. Someday maybe we can gather a team of people to try to outsmart her. Anyways, needless to say, I stayed and kept my farm, and will never ever sell to him! I rearranged my farm, put out some different crops and changed co-ops. I hope it’s enough of a disguise and that he never realizes I know the truth…. By the way, he doesn’t come here to the forum, does he?

If he does, Happy 146th birthday Aleister (I mean Lester)!  And I hope you enjoyed my fictitious story (if there’s any resemblance to the truth, I promise it’s just coincidence).

**And to the rest of you; if I disappear, please come rescue me !  

• Once upon a time, Lester, as you know, Jealous of my farm, was walking through the road beside my farm. He was embarrassed as he was the one who mocked me when I started my farm. He was still saying some bad things about my farm and wasn't gonna accept his failure in front of me. So he asked me 'Why don't u put some Halloween decorations on your farm?' I said that I'm from India and we don't celebrate Halloween...But I know Halloween so I have decorated my Barn as spooky and my horizon has turned like Spooky so that was enough Halloween decorations. I asked him what all he has done for his farm. He said that his business is going down because of the growth of my farm :D and walked away...

THE END
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 14.10.2021
    Wow! All these spooky stories are just Spooktascular!  :o:D<3  I love it!  Keep them coming! 
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Lester comes in our farms, walks around our land and just like he suddenly appears (from nowhere it seems) just like that he lives and goes where?
    where does he live? some say he has a farm like we do and others... can't place him anywhere
    he just wonders around, no one knows when he will appear in front of you but it seems he has an interest in Halloween, you will always see him at this time of year
    so what do we know about Lester? who is he exactly?

Let me tell you about him... 
    he wasnt always so grumpy, he used to be more fun although he always loved pranks, from when he was a kid and lived in a farm... he never cared for the animals, the work around the farm, only how to make jokes at the expense of others . In the farmer's village every farmer knew Lester but no one knew what his next prank would be. They couldn't stop him...and that continued even though he grew up

Every year they had a Village Fair,
    that year... the Day in his life that everything started...they organized it on Halloween ,
    they decorated the village with pumpinks , pumpkin pies in every booth made from Matildas bakery and they had many visitors. There were carriages with magicians and fortune tellers and puppet show and music. Everything was wonderfull that day
    and what a happy day for Lester too.. a chance for more pranks, he just couldnt stop himself.
    He ate some of the pies, took some and placed them in different spots hidden around corners or chairs so people would step on them or sit on them, he took small pieces of the pies and threw them to the farmers, he even took one of the decorative pumpkins put it on his head and scared away a lot of kids.
    You could hear everywhere screams and see fear or angry faces when all you had before was laughter and music and happy faces. Lester had ruined the village fair for good.
    Εvery show stopped ... and everyone was looking at Lester sitting in the middle of the crowd with a pumpkin in his head. He had done it this time. All farmers seemed ready to grab him , he had to run...

Αnd then, a woman came from one of the carriages. She looked Lester in the eyes and he just couldnt move.
    she then opened her mouth and with a voice so smooth like from another world she told him
    "Lester... no one here will harm you, you are free to leave"
    She knew his name, Lester didnt know how but he said to the woman,
    "You are just a woman , you cant do anything to me" she then looked at him and laughed
    "Why are you laughing?" Lester asked and the woman said
    "just thinking of you... since you enjoy so much the laugh... from now one every time you try to make a prank, eveybody will know it and laugh ... at you"  and then she turned and left.
    Lester find it very odd but didnt say anything and run. The next day he thought about all of it as nonsense words and went to visit a neighbours farm for his first prank of the day.
    but when he reached the farmers fence... something strange happend to him.
    He started  jumping all around with his hands up in the air and he couldnt make himself stop!!! it was ridiculous.
    when he started to leave... his body stopped. He tried to return to his neighbours farm to make his prank and again the same thing happened to him. He jumped up and down with arms in the air. He then remembered the womans words and he realised she cursed him (was she a witch?) not to be able to make pranks anymore. 
    he started yelling and running still jumping up and down, the other farmers saw him and couldnt stop laughing at him..

From that day... Lester Crowley became the grumpy Lester we all know, abandoned his farm and now lives alone in a ghost mansion up in the hills with batts and rats
    still visits our farms but he is unable to make pranks without us knowing about it
    thats why most of you stopped seeing him outside your farms jumping  ;)
    He still comes on Halloween though, cause rumors has it he is fond of Matilda and this time of year he is able to see her all day at the village fair
    what Lester doesnt know is that there is a way to brake the womans words (or is it witch spell?)
    if he finds it in his heart to feel kindness and love
    lets all stay and see ... will he be able to show his affection and love to our lovely Matilda? 

• Heathcliff (INT1)Heathcliff (INT1) INT1 Posts: 115
    edited 18.10.2021
    Lester stop by for visited of my farm, wonder why I don't have any Halloween decorations on my farm, I told him that I'm a Christian that don't celebrate Halloween and that I celebrate  Reformation Day which is also October 31, and Lester ask me what is Reformation Day? me and Lester sit down on the porch and I explain it to him and Lester left that day understanding why that I  celebrate Reformation Day.
    Post edited by Heathcliff (INT1) on
    Contest is closed and the stories are being judged by the Moderators.  Winners will be announced soon.

~Announcement~ 

Story Contest Results Are In

"A Day in the Life of Lester Crowley"

You all are amazing!  I know you took a lot of time and thought into your stories and I enjoyed them very much.  The Mods had trouble deciding who would take first prize, so we are giving 3 First Prizes and 3 Second Prizes.
    Payouts will be either later today or tomorrow.

First Prize
    (4000 gold + 4000 Horseshoes + 2000 Golden Horseshoes)

Heather Norsk (US1)
    Jenny1979 (GR1)
    Blue Denim (US1)

Second Prize
    (3500 gold +3500 Horseshoes + 1500 Golden Horseshoes)

ViolinCat123 (US1)
    Heathcliff (INT1)
    FuriousDragon (IN1)
    Thankyou for the competition Chickadee :smiley:
    Congratulations to all the winners! There were so many amazing stories! 
  • Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    It was a very good contest and I liked all stories too. 
    congratulations to everyone!
    thank you very much @ChickadeeQuilterfrom both me and jumping Lester ;)

:D<3  
  • Heathcliff (INT1)Heathcliff (INT1) INT1 Posts: 115
    Thanks @ChickadeeQuilter and congrats to all the winners
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I have to say I enjoyed them all and had great difficulty putting them in order for Chickadee

Well done everyone !

Thank you kindly ChickadeeQuilter  , & Congrat's to everyone, awesome stories for sure, :)

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    I can understand how difficult it would be to pick winners since they're all so good. Congrats to all of you. 😃
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    Congrats Winners!!
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Thank you Chickadee for putting on this contest, and thank you all mods who read and judged !

I enjoyed reading all the stories, and the clever ideas about Lester !!!

"Congratulations"
    and
    "Well Done! :)"
    to everyone who submitted a story. I was certainly well entertained, and I hope everyone else was too.
    I am happy that everyone enjoyed this contest.  But there is more next month, but not stories.  How would you like a "Word Search"?  We haven't done one of those in a while. :)
    I am happy that everyone enjoyed this contest.  But there is more next month, but not stories.  How would you like a "Word Search"?  We haven't done one of those in a while. :)
    Can it be Thanksgiving themed? Lol
    Your last one was quite the challenge, so I'm sure this one will be just as amazing :smiley:
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Thank you Chickadee for putting on this contest, and thank you all mods who read and judged !

I enjoyed reading all the stories, and the clever ideas about Lester !!!

"Congratulations"
    and
    "Well Done! :)"
    to everyone who submitted a story. I was certainly well entertained, and I hope everyone else was too.

Me too!  I can't write at all and I really enjoyed reading these.
  • 24K Mayhem (US1)24K Mayhem (US1) US1 Posts: 494
    edited 22.10.2021

Is there a problem with the Reward's ? , cause I did not get mine yet.
    edited 24.10.2021
    I am not sure, I will send a message to the CMs when they get back to work on Monday.  I may have updated the Rewards spreadsheet too late, but I am not sure.

Just checked you and the rest are on the spreadsheet, but it shows as not being paid out yet, So keep looking for it on Monday. :)
    I am not sure, I will send a message to the CMs when they get back to work on Monday.  I may have updated the Rewards spreadsheet too late, but I am not sure.

Just checked you and the rest are on the spreadsheet, but it shows as not being paid out yet, So keep looking for it on Monday. :)
    Thank you for My Reward, much appreciated, :)

Great! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file