Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Island Farm is not fun to play

Dirtluvr (US1)Dirtluvr (US1) US1 Posts: 23
I have been trying Island Farm and it is nearly impossible to get anywhere. Everything takes island dollars so you have to wait 2 hours to get some cash, do one thing and wait another two hours for cash. All my purchases sit and wait for some island dollars in order to plant, or make fertilizer, or start animals. Pretty silly with 90% of the time waiting for island dollars.  Not well developed in my opinion.  dirtluvr
Post edited by BugsBunny on

Comments

• CrazyBigfarm55 (US1)CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) US1 Posts: 1,226
    it works best if you take the time to upgrade the bank first :)
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 17.03.2021
    I agree with @CrazyBigfarm55 (US1) as I too had the same problem earlier.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    Wrong section, thread moved to General :)

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    If you want to get the most out of the island farm, upgrade the bank and farmhouse to the maximum level for each as soon as possible.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    When I was on a smaller farm the island was impossible for me! As a small farm, you need your money to build up your farm and not have enough money for the island. Even now sometimes its feel that my money not enough  :|
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    It helps too, once you have enough shells, to buy some workers and happiness from the Island Trader. Also, using token on the Island Wheel of Fortune can give you gifts that may help.

• Last time, during Candy Farm, I bought both the boosters.
  • Dirtluvr (US1)Dirtluvr (US1) US1 Posts: 23
    Well i played it again and it is still not fun to play. Too much of the same tasks over and over.  I need more variety and interest.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I agree with others, and it's true for all temp farms really .....
    1) upgrading the bank and then the main farmhouse should be priorities early on. I barely build anything else until the bank is at least level 3, and then only minimal stuff to get me started until the bank is level 5 or 6. With a bank at level 5 or 6, it's a lot easier to afford to build the temp farm, and to do it in a more timely fashion (upgrading the main farmhouse helps to quicken othe building & upgrade times)

2) temp farms take A LOT of farm cash to do well, so wait to play until you can afford a couple hundred thousand cash (it is of course possible to do less with less cash, but to do WELL, you will need the funds)

As far as it being fun - - well, that's up to each person and how they approach the event. There are so many different ways to play it, I suggest to try to find a method that is most enjoyable for you (trying to complete all the tasks, or getting as much currency as you can to purchase something for your regular farm, or just getting the most currency for the least amount of work .... these are some "different" ways).
    How you play it or to ignore it altogether, well that is up to you 
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    I agree with Dirtluvr (US1) , & that is why I Ignore all the Temp Farm's, they are just not Fun in My opinion as well.
  • When I was on a smaller farm the island was impossible for me! As a small farm, you need your money to build up your farm and not have enough money for the island. Even now sometimes its feel that my money not enough  :|

I concentrated on Fishing early in my Big Farm experience. Selling fish gives me all the farm dollars I need to both upgrade my main farms and play the temp farms.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    When I was on a smaller farm the island was impossible for me! As a small farm, you need your money to build up your farm and not have enough money for the island. Even now sometimes its feel that my money not enough  :|

I concentrated on Fishing early in my Big Farm experience. Selling fish gives me all the farm dollars I need to both upgrade my main farms and play the temp farms.
    That true :) I start with fishing as soon as it came to the game. Fishing is one of the best things in the game, without it it would have been hopeless to move on!
  • carien57 (NL1)carien57 (NL1) NL1 Posts: 41
    I have been trying Island Farm and it is nearly impossible to get anywhere. Everything takes island dollars so you have to wait 2 hours to get some cash, do one thing and wait another two hours for cash. All my purchases sit and wait for some island dollars in order to plant, or make fertilizer, or start animals. Pretty silly with 90% of the time waiting for island dollars.  Not well developed in my opinion.  dirtluvr
    If you don't have a high level stop playing it.  For people having high level and a lot of dollars it's ok to play
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I would recommend you to first focus on main, gourmet and flower farm, then move onto island farms when you are on a point where you have no much use with dollars.

This is a personal recommendation.

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    I have to say I totally agree with BugsBunny.

My personal view is that most of the temp farms and events are available too soon

Your three permanent farms need to be well developed before you can get anything worthwhile from the temp farms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file