Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New Event: The CWOFC

Farmer Joe77 (US1)Farmer Joe77 (US1) US1 Posts: 119
edited 15.08.2021 in Suggestions
I have been noticing lately just how many teams rely on the wheel for the bulk of their points during the Cooperative Championship and a few teams even seem to gather nearly all of their points this way. They don't think we know, but we do. It is not hard to figure out.

So, I propose a new event called the Coop Wheel of Fortune Championship or CWOFC for short. It will be a team event running concurrently with the Cooperative Championship. All reputation points scored by spinning the wheel will go toward that team's score in the CWOFC while all reputation points earned from missions will go toward that team's score in the CC.

We can have some great new prizes for the CWOFC. First place will receive a speed clicker that will allow a player on the winning team to spin the wheel five thousand times per second. Each of the top ten teams could receive a speed clicker but the number of spins per second would be decreased for each finishing position. For example, tenth place would get a clicker that would only do 500 spins per second. Think of the money those spin rates would generate!

Each team in the top ten would also receive a training manual titled "Earning reputation points by playing missions: Fact or Fiction" for those that do know that this is really possible. We may also have to include some other literature for the winners, like "How to find a second job", "How to open a second mortgage", "How to find a third job" and " How to find time to play Big Farm when you have 3 jobs" so they can continue playing the CWOFC hard every time. I am sure we could come up with some other great prizes also.

What does everyone think, worth a try?

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Comments

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 19.08.2021
    I've moved you out of General Discussions into Sugggestions
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
  • mystique (INT1)mystique (INT1) INT1 Posts: 17
    aaahahahahahaa, sorry, i am laughing with tears now

has been a long time i laughed this hard in the game

awesome, aaahahahaahaa, is actually the reason i play game, to have a laugh

this is so funny :)))))))))))

• I know the CWOFC was proposed kind of as a joke, it was purely fantasy as I don't see the suggestion ever being taken seriously, but I feel very strongly that the wheel is not good for the game. In the leagues below gold, wheel play often determines which teams win and which teams lose. It is often only one player on a team spinning the wheel and they are easy to pick out. There is one team that has made it to gold several times that would be lucky to win the rookie league without the wheel.

I like competition, and I understand that in a pay to win game there is going to be plenty of spending, but the CC is increasingly becoming just another version of the goldfish rescue event, at least in the leagues below gold. Goldfish rescue is a money spending contest. It requires no skill, no strategy, no time expenditure or work, no preparation or months or years of farm set up and no practice. That is what the CC has become to teams relying on the wheel for their points.

I spent 10 hours playing missions day one of this current CC. Within minutes of the wheel opening day two a player on an opposing team had caught up to me and their team passed us. We continued playing and every time my team scored a few million the player would get back on the wheel to make up for it. This continued all day 2, hours of missions erased by a few minutes of wheel play. Losing is fine but not this way. The last CC I saw a team go from 19th place after day one to first right after the wheel opened for business on day two. 

Buying a victory should not be this easy for the winners or so disheartening for the losers. This is supposed to be a game. There needs to be some semblance of an actual competition or it just becomes another version of goldfish rescue.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So what happens when a player drops 5k tokens against us day two and shows us day three they will continue spinning? We stop playing which also means we stop spending on missions. The opposing team sees this so they stop spending also. No need to buy more tokens when we are not scoring. We may as well discontinue the gold boosters also. Tomorrow there will be no more spending either because we have all stopped playing. The token spending day 2 has now caused all spending to stop amongst these 2 teams. Isn't GGS better off having both teams continue spending all four days? Was the token spree day two really worth it to GGS especially considering now so many players have lost the desire to play the CC since this situation happens so often?

So, what can be done about this? There is the CWOFC idea but that will never be taken seriously. How about limiting the number of tokens a player can buy? That will never happen. How about capping the number of RP's a player can get from the wheel? That will never happen because why buy tokens then. How about reducing the number of days the wheel appears? For a while there was no wheel day four which as least gave the mission teams a day to catch up to the spinning teams. Of course the spinning teams could just spin more on days two and three but it is at least something to make the competition a little more fair.

There has been much discussion about ways to alleviate the monotony of so many CC's over and over and players losing interest. The wheel is the reason my team is losing interest. For now we will simply not be spending any money on missions when there is a wheel team in our division (and there are a lot of them).

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I find it interesting how there's 2 topics about this right now, that are both bringing up the unbalance in events, especially the CC, with the use of tokens &/or boosters

here is the other, if you're interested
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/213262/do-you-believe-in-ghosts#latest

• Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    I believe that CC has become an event that is very unfair. Only the cooperatives that some players buy lots of tokens to win in luck the wheel gets to win, the rest lose no matter how you fight and compete. I think, the CC must get better and mor fair for players. The point must be gained by working not so easily with a little gold and then only a cooperative gets the tad first place but with less work. Yes, a new event that you need wirk for it to get poins sounds good. NOT tokens that require cheating! Fight, work, and volition! That will feel more fair for us player, maybe it get more perhaps such an event will do more justice in CC so that all cooperatives can win without cheating and get more players interested in the game when they see that if they fight they can also get something and achieve something in the game. Somethin GGS must look after please :smiley:
  • AJR (US1)AJR (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    I am one of the those player who believes spinning the wheel for rep during a cc is considered cheating and is definitely not fair to other teams who only play missions. Yes I have done it once or twice, but only so I could get gifts for my teammates and special seeds- 
    Having a competition that separates the rep you earn from missions during a cc and from the wheel would be a amazing idea! And definitely more fair to the coops who believes in hard work. 
    Note: This next line is a brag in my part-
    I am a level 87 currently, and just from doing missions- I have scored 9.3 million rep this cc. 
    This just proves hard work pays off, and that rep should be earned, not taken from a wheel.

• I am a level 87 currently, and just from doing missions- I have scored 9.3 million rep this cc. 
    This just proves hard work pays off, and that rep should be earned, not taken from a wheel.

I am a level 87 currently, and just from doing missions- I have scored 9.3 million rep this cc. 

Actually I am a level 88 now with 12.4 million rep for this cc- 😇
    edited 06.09.2021
    I am curious on the thought behind - - - what's the difference between using gold to spin the wheel - vs. -  using gold to buy boosters or seaweed or to push through harvests for missions?

IMHO, those are all ways to buy more points, not "working hard" to earn them

They are all ways the game gives to spend gold to buy better results .... there is no way to get that many rep pts without using some sort of gold. So, why does it matter which way the gold is spent?

P.S. -  Except that WoF tokens can ALSO be earned with farm cash - -  from playing hard at many events and temp farms, so it's a way for players that can't afford gold to sometimes do better at an event by using the WoF, which gives more prizes than just Rep Pts. 
    Not that I am opposed to the idea in this thread, I do quite agree with it, my point is in response to violincat that spinning the wheel is not "cheating" as they worded it - it is a feature in the game that anyone can use. It may seem an unfair way to some, but it is not cheating.

• I am a level 87 currently, and just from doing missions- I have scored 9.3 million rep this cc. 

i can believe a lot, but just playing missons at lvl 88 does not give you 12,4 miljon points. when you got all the boosters on its hard. 

i think, gold, gold, gold, gold, gold seaweed, seaweed, seaweed, seaweed boosters, boosters, boosters, boosters and lots off gifts. sorry your story is unbelievable.

i can believe a lot, but just playing missons at lvl 88 does not give you 12,4 miljon points. when you got all the boosters on its hard. 

i think, gold, gold, gold, gold, gold seaweed, seaweed, seaweed, seaweed boosters, boosters, boosters, boosters and lots off gifts. sorry your story is unbelievable.

@ViolinCat123 (US1)    

I don't think Jorisvanvlijmen is questioning that you have rec'd 12 million RP, just how you got them
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning your number, but the way you claim to have achieved it. with a lvl88 that is impossible without the use of gold, seaweed and boosters, making hard work alone implausible.

Other than that, it's a nice number, without taking anything away from it.
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

I don't think Jorisvanvlijmen is questioning that you have rec'd 12 million RP, just how you got them
    By doing missions after missions, and knowing which ones to out the most in and which ones to put the least
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

By doing missions after missions, and knowing which ones to out the most in and which ones to put the least
    But knowing which missions give the most points is something a lot of players know .... but not many get that many rep pts in a CC
  • @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

But knowing which missions give the most points is something a lot of players know .... but not many get that many rep pts in a CC
    I think the best missions you can find at big farm: Jam
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

I think your trying to start a war 
    edited 06.09.2021
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

jam missions=the best  - - ROFL 

@ViolinCat123 (US1)    

jam missions=the best  - - ROFL 

Especially the cherry jam ones 😂
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 06.09.2021
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

Oh absolutely not Violincat123, there's war enough in the world at the moment.
    i dont like fairytales, thats all
    @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

Go look at my profile on big farm yourself 🙂 
    I am not lying. I put hours onto hours of playing to have gotten where I am. The fact I am in the best coop in the server is just a benefit from how hard I work.
  • @ViolinCat123 (US1)    

Go look at my profile on big farm yourself 🙂 
    I am not lying. I put hours onto hours of playing to have gotten where I am. The fact I am in the best coop in the server is just a benefit from how hard I work.
    Your at the top 4 coop, and yeah i know some players at your coop. so its not that hard to check :-)
  • Jesse123 (INT1)Jesse123 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 1,558
    Lmao , What's the point? Even if WOF is removed everyone is gonna use gold lol.
    Not like its gonna make some big difference. 

edited 07.09.2021

Definitely 
    @ViolinCat123 (US1) If you consider spinning WOF during CC as cheating , then consider gold too. :)
    edited 07.09.2021

The difference is hard work :) You earn rep for nothing in the wheel- and Oh would you look at that- you earn gold for leveling up a scoring high in some events :)
    edited 07.09.2021

The difference is hard work :) You earn rep for nothing in the wheel- and Oh would you look at that- you earn gold for leveling up a scoring high in some events :)
    Skipping the productions using gold definitely needs a lot of movement of those fingers. So yeah a lot of work indeed.  Technically you are not wrong tho. 
    Post edited by Jesse123 (INT1) on
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    The problem is that saying things like people are cheating by using the wheel of fortune is a kind of subjective statement. And if you look at the rules, they aren't actually breaking them so it doesn't really make sense to say that they are cheating.

That being said, I do agree that it does take away the purpose missions to allow the wheel of fortune and it would be better if they didn't allow the use of it. But I doubt that it will be taken away anytime soon.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    You are now seriously off topic
    Get back to discussing the suggestion 

You can discuss the rights and wrongs of the wheel in a discussion thread in the Discussion section

Sign In to comment.