Home EN Contests & Awards

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Winners declared] Covid-19 Diaries

BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
edited 11.09.2021 in Contests & Awards

COVID-19 Diaries

We all have been through multiple lockdowns, and our life has took a turn due to the pandemic, this is a contest to share positive experiences that you had throughout the pandemic, it can either be an essay, a short paragraph or a long one, its all up-to you.

Example: As someone who was located away from my family, the pandemic and the lockdowns re-united me with my family, I was able to spend my whole time with them, which is a great thing for me!

The contest ends on 10th of September.

Rules
1) No multiple entries (one entry one person)
2) No multi-accounts
3) No plagiarism
4) Community Guidelines should be followed on all entries.
5) The Moderation Team reserves the right to remove/disqualify any participant/entry with/without any notice if the team believes that there is an appropriate reason to do so.
6) Selection of winners will be solely at the discrete of The International Moderation Team

Prize(s)
There will be 10 winners, 5 according to the quality of the posts and another 5 would be random, the prizes are a surprise for now =)

Post edited by BugsBunny on

Comments

• Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    edited 26.08.2021
    I have not had hardly any  positive Experiences since the Pandemic , 2021 has been a real crappy year for My family, so I will have to pass on this contest, But good luck to everyone else.

Post edited by Blue Denim (US1) on
  • AJR (US1)AJR (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    Through the summer me and my family have been able to travel a lot more! (Bad idea during a pandemic I know-but still!) We went to the beach for some family fun, nothing like building a sandcastle- with no risk of it being ruined because people had to stay away lol!
    Not having a bunch of lines to stand in everywhere was pretty great aswell. We went to a bunch of farms, and got to eat fresh fruit straight from the tree's. And there were a bunch of adorable animals running around! 

Though I already lived with my parents before this pandemic we definitely became a lot closer having to stay in our house together more. We even learned new things about each other we never knew.

(What a lovely idea to think in the positive side of this pandemic!)

• 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    edited 27.08.2021
    I know many of us have had miserable experiences through this pandemic...I know I have...my dear wonderful friends have gotten COVID...some have passed away, others recovered well, others have the long-term health issues following the "recovery".  But I know It has made me look inwardly and upwardly to find hope, to be open to creative ways to occupy myself and creative ways to reach out to others in need.  I know I am fortunate to live in an area where I can walk (socially distanced and at times masked) with friends and neighbors.  We can talk, we laugh, we cry and weep, and we find out how we can pray with and for one another.  Through this pandemic, I have learned to treasure friendships and gatherings (even masked and distanced) and I treasure my sweet rescue kitty.  My capacity to love has only increased during this time.

P.s. During the period of complete lockdown, it was surprising to see how the community rallied for the elderly and disabled.  Grocery stores offered free delivery.  Some local grocers would let us order over the phone then they would deliver to the door step, Others would have us do online shopping and then free delivery to the door.  Even our policemen delivered supplies to the elderly and disabled.  They came around to check on us.  Yes, I am one of those elderly with underlying issues.  Some of us who could made masks for the healthcare workers...masks that a filter could be inserted...masks that could be reused.  Our nurses were very grateful. When a shortage in hand sanitizers happened in a clinic our community rallied to see what they could donate to those in need.
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • sarah7 (INT1)sarah7 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 17
    i was anorexic. My health improved a lot since the lockdown. I went from 38kg to 45kg which is an achievement for me. I have developed better communication skill with people online which wouldn't have been possible if the Covid-19 didn't happen. I am getting excellent results in my university. I have learned cooking and some other skills that I would need in the future. So far things are going well with me. 
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    @BugsBunny How long do we have to write up something? I don't see an end date......
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I have not had hardly any  positive Experiences since the Pandemic , 2021 has been a real crappy year for My family, so I will have to pass on this contest, But good luck to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that, my wishes for things to get better for you and your family.

@BugsBunny How long do we have to write up something? I don't see an end date......
    We do not have a correct end date decided at the moment, but it will be around the first week of next month.
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    BugsBunny said:

We do not have a correct end date decided at the moment, but it will be around the first week of next month.
    Thank you BugsBunny, much appreciated, :)
  • farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
     The pandemic has been both positive and negative for me. The majority of our population on the island is elderly. They were all terrified of getting the virus and would not leave their homes for any reason. So I thought I would do my best for the community by working as a volunteer for Meals on Wheels and at our local food bank. It was very uplifting to meet others who cared about our senior citizens as much as I did. Of course it meant masking, social distancing, and frequent hand-washing, but that's a small price to pay to help those in need. The most heart-breaking was how the old folks would want me to stay a while and talk to them because they had been isolated for so long. Even though I was busy and in a hurry, I always tried to give them a few minutes of my time so they knew they weren't alone. It was so hard to say goodbye to them. We're through the worst of it now with over 80% of the senior citizens in our state vaccinated. But the fear still lingers. It's common to see them wearing masks while walking on an empty beach, which to me makes no sense. Why restrict your breathing when you don't need to? FEAR   I wish you and yours good health. We WILL see an end to this pandemic. God Bless.  o:)
    BugsBunny said:

Good enough of an answer, gives me time for my phrasing. THANK YOU
  • FuriousFarmer07 (IN1)FuriousFarmer07 (IN1) IN1 Posts: 783
    edited 26.08.2021
    My Country, that is, India experienced lockdown for 3 months last year...My mom had to go to work daily except Weekends. While my dad didn't have to go to work every day. I and my brother were at home. We usually watched Cartoons (like Bugsbunny, Tom & Jerry, etc) and Movies (I watched all the Avengers movies and many Animations), I didn't have my laptop at that time as it was on repair...Then we used to play Cricket, football, and many indoor games. We can't see a single person out road during that time. And the Cases were very few in my state through many other states were suffering. There's nothing much to say about it :)
    My Country, that is, India experienced lockdown for 3 months last year...My mom had to go to work daily except Weekends. While my dad didn't have to go to work every day. I and my brother were at home. We usually watched Cartoons (like Bugsbunny, Tom & Jerry, etc) and Movies (I watched all the Avengers movies and many Animations), I didn't have my laptop at that time as it was on repair...Then we used to play Cricket, football, and many indoor games. We can't see a single person out road during that time. And the Cases were very few in my state through many other states were suffering. There's nothing much to say about it :)

Bugs Bunny Fan  <3

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    For me was amazing, we was on lockdown in 2020, i had much time to talk with my member family and to watch movie and to play bigfarm. Here was a lucky that i have mountain so close and not far away about 1km and i go on mountain all time. For me was so so positive but not with Covid :P always negative there :)
  • MeowBunny (INT1)MeowBunny (INT1) INT1 Posts: 22
    edited 27.08.2021
    As a person who is not very outgoing, quarantine was the best thing that ever happened to me. Here in India, the first lockdown was on March 22 2020 which was also my birthday xD and I was so sad that I couldn't go out with my friends but I had a lot of fun with them over an online video call. At that time, I was also having my final exams for year 10 which was a very important exam. I was extremely stressed but thanks to covid that exam was cancelled and we were passed based on our scores from our previous exams ;o; So many opportunities to go out were cancelled because of covid but at the same time, many new opportunities to learn new things emerged. I started playing bigfarm more actively because of quarantine and I learned sooooo many new things in the game (thanks to my amazing coop members) . Also after the bigfarm discord server was created, I made so many amaaazing new friends whom I could never forget. More than negative memories, I've made a looooooooooot of positive memories because of Covid and quarantine. I really hope the virus leaves the world soon and everything could go back to the way it was :smiley: Stay safe everyone <3
  • ArmynaSoryna (RO1)ArmynaSoryna (RO1) RO1 Posts: 151
    edited 11.09.2021
    Putem oricând să ne lovim de lucrurile simple / complicate ale vieții, dar timpul cu cei dragi este din ce în ce mai prețios și mai greu de obținut. Pot spune că din punct de vedere GRATUIT am fost tristă, fiind o persoană activă, dar și foarte fericită că am putut să petrec mult timp cu familia mea. Pare amuzant dar FAMILIA ta nu este minunată !!? Am avut momente minunate în casă cu cei doi băieți și soțul meu. UNIC.And the only lasting thing we will be left with will be this reconsideration of his "home."

Translation:

We can always run into the simple / complicated things of life, but time with loved ones is becoming more precious and harder to obtain. I can say that from a FREE point of view I was sad, being an active person, but also very happy that I was able to spend a lot of time with my family. Sounds funny but your FAMILY is not wonderful !!? I had a wonderful time at home with the two boys and my husband. UNIC.And the only lasting thing we will be left with will be this reconsideration of his "home."
    Post edited by BugsBunny on
  • I am Priyanshu,
    Today I am going to tell about my covid 19's lockdown life.
    On 12th April 2020,
    I was suffered from fever 108degree Farenheit.
    And I don't know where am I and some more.
    And I was on comma with covid 19 high fever.
    I thought that now I can't survive more.
    And this fever is for 3 months and 5 days with me.
    Then something magical occurs with me and today I am safe.
    My dad spent 10million money on me to save me.
    And here is my birthday on 9th August.
    On my birthday I was safe and no i am not suffering from fever and any disease.
    I was unable to go out for Celebrating birthday but I celebrate it at home with my family members.
    I wish that as soon as possible the Corona Virus leaves our World and we all are safe.
    Stay safe Stay Strong Live Long.

Thank You 

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    Most of my preferred pass-times are fairly solitary, gardening or DIY, so lockdown was not a problem and it was very noticeable that whenever I was in the front garden and somebody passed by I got a smile, and a "hello" and a brief "how are you doing?". It was really very nice and I hope it continues
    When covid first hit, I was working is a small family owned textile business with zero benefits. Lock-downs started but we were downstream supply chain for medical field making us essential. Our non-medical orders were canceled. We kept going maybe 4-6 months and they couldn't afford everyone just on the medical orders alone so about 1/2 of us got laid off, including me. Unemployment was easy enough for me to get. Months before covid came, I had the consult for Lasik surgery but was trying to time it with our week summer vacation when we closed up because I couldn't be around all the lint floating in the air. When unnecessary surgeries were allowed to happen again, I jumped and had my eyes fixed. Then even with all the bonuses they were giving people on unemployment, I got bored. There was only so many projects I could do. After about 4 months I got a new job. It may be 30 more minutes of a drive, but it pays $5/hour more with great benefits. I have been able to get back on track with my medical/dental care and even got a new car. If it wasn't for covid, then who knows how long it would have taken me to realize that there are other possibilities that I can make work for me to help improve my life. I may still be working on medical issues, but at least I'm working on them now instead of ignoring things that have been problems for many years.
    Everyone has time to make their entries until 6th of September.

Looking forward for more participation  o:)

• BugsBunny said:

Bugs Bunny Fan  <3

I too love BugsBunny <3
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Covid even though it has created a difficult time, it has taught me a lot! 

My school get on distance and I lose all my friends. At the same time, I was bullied and harassed very hard here in the game. She turned my Christmas, my birthday, etc. into a nightmare. When one of my relatives died of covid then she did extremely nasty things to me. I felt very lonely and depressed. 
    But no, I was not alone! This terible situation brought my real friends closer to me even if she wrote to everyone terrible things about me. They didn't leave me alone and comforted me and gave light in my life ♥ Yes, this covid have make hars times for many of us but even this, it have learn us what real love and friendship is. Even if all going on the digital world, it makes it much role in our real life and well-being. It is very important how we behave with each other even in a digital world especially now in the pandein where many lose their loved ones. After these experiences I have had, I have tried with all the strength I can to be a support to the others and help as best I can which is not the easiest thing but I hope I can get more love now that we need it most especially now.

The pandemic has also taught me not to be afraid to read on distance, which has now been a great advantage for me. Now I dare to write to the others online and have video calls and make a speech online that I did not dare before. Even this covid gave me the courage to stand in front of the camera and everyone watches me on TV, which I have in my whole life been too shy to do :)

Do not see difficulties and misery as an obstacle, they make us strong and create the road to our happiness and success through what it teach us. :smiley:

"Difficulty need not foreshadow despair or defeat. Rather achievement can be all the more satisfying because of obstacles surmounted." William Hastie.

• Rita77 (BR1)Rita77 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 2,719
     Hello!

I don't know if i can participate of this contest because i am from Brazil. I will understand perfectly if it is not allowed

Covid 19 is something too negative and it has been causing irreparable damages in the human being. We need to be strong so that we can obtain positive things and neutralize this great negativity 

I have always been introspective and the pandemic has increased my introspection. This is a positive factor because it improves our creativity and personal development.

Several words that I always thought were beautiful in the dictionary and others that I didn't even know started to have more importance in my life.

Coranavirus is making me put  these words into practice with a high degree of positivity: resilience, self-compassion, self-awareness, empathy, gratitude, altruism and ipseity.

edited 31.08.2021
    @Rita77 (BR1) Your entry is perfectly valid, Rita. This is an international forum for all English- speaking players. Welcome  <3
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Rita77 (BR1) we are very welcoming to everyone. We are pleased you are here and so nice to hear such positivity in these difficult times
  • Rita77 (BR1)Rita77 (BR1) BR1 Posts: 2,719
    "@Rita77 (BR1) Your entry is perfectly valid, Rita. This is an international forum for all English- speaking players. Welcome " 

Thank you,  Farmerjohn22  :)

"@Rita77 (BR1) we are very welcoming to everyone. We are pleased you are here and so nice to hear such positivity in these difficult times"

Thank you, RosyStarling :)

We are extending the contest deadline to September 10th to give chance for everyone to put in their entries  o:)
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

Since March 2020 we have stayed home. We, being myself and 2 daughters; one of which is disabled and has fragile health. For her health & based on her cardiologist’s recommendation, we have no contact with other people; we get no closer than 20 yards away from any other human (even farther on a windy day). We have ventured out only for cardiology appointments which is over 100 mile drive (one-way). Those days and the 2 weeks following, are very stressful for us. We need to continue this regimen until either the COVID virus dissipates, or until a new vaccine is introduced that is safe for each of us to get (that doesn’t also pose a risk because of some health condition or another).

Until that time comes, I am thankful for many things. I am thankful all other doctors are able and willing to do tele-health appts. I am thankful we live in a remote area where our neighbors’ houses are more than 20 yards away so we’re still able to enjoy the outdoors, get fresh air and exercise. I am thankful for friends who are willing to pickup groceries for us. I am thankful for pets who also keep us company. I am thankful for internet service & technology these days that makes video conferencing so easy. Some family & friends we actually get to see more often these days than ever before because of video conferencing – and that is just flat out FABULOUS! I am thankful for therapists who still help my daughter’s development via video conferencing and who teach me a lot so I can be their hands during sessions. I am thankful for our garden. It is tiring homeschooling and taking care of the entire household and yard myself, and kids don’t always get along (understatement) which can also be exhausting, yet I am glad we are together & none of us are alone. I am thankful for the residence where their dad is staying, since he works in a hospital & we can’t be around him.  I am thankful for him & other friends who teach me appliance repairs so we don’t have to have repairmen come in the house. I am thankful for FedEx, UPS & USPS and all of their drivers who deliver us parts and other household necessities.

We have many, many struggles during this time (such as needing to sanitize or quarantine everything coming into the house, even groceries, due to immune disorders …. and way too many other things to list), but for the most part try to look for all the things we are thankful for, that help us get through this time.  We do very much though, look forward to the day when we can freely venture out again off of our 1 little acre of property, and see friends & family up close, maybe even give them a real hug.

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Hello to you all
    I read some beautiful and touching stories!!! 
    what I have to say... well isn't so touching maybe but it is my story. 

Before covid our lives were pretty busy,
    My husband working to many hours till late at night, my older son working in the mornings and going to school in the evenings, my youngest son with school, and english lessons and soccer...never enough time for him.
    And me, well I had more time than anyone. Used to work along with my husband every day but cut hours and days to have time to go to the gym and be able to catch everybodys schedule.
    So I was doing pretty well I can say, exercising and all.
    and then 2 weeks before covid hit ... I found out I had a problem with my knee. couldn't work out anymore. It was painful. had to stop everything and just rest , just doing the basics at my house and sit most of the time on a couch. I got depressed and then covid and the lock-down came.
    You can understand at first, we were very scared and became more depressed, But...for every bad thing in life there are more good things to come. (and this is something I really believe and follow in life)

Our family came closer, we finally had time for each other.
    We had so many talks and watched our favorite series ,all episodes.
    every time one episode ended someone said... onother one? what do you say?
    and I was like.. but its 3 in the morning. and everybody with one voice answered "who cares... one more it is" ha ha ha 
    I enjoyed that day-nights on the couch with everyone around me!!!
    staying up late practically till dawn, laughing, joking, playing board games and...eating!
    I made muffins, so many of them. and omelets for breakfast and pizza and greek souvlaki!!
    we ate and we ate... I think I gained a few pounds but... I aso gained pounds of love!!!
    and for that beautifull days with my family I am gratefull!

never loose faith, always dream always keep hope and remember
    "for every bad thing in life... there are more good things to come"

Hope this pandemic ends soon!
    and wish you the best!!!
    Time to close the contest, no more entries!

Thank you all the participations for your participation, I'll get back to you shortly with the results.

Regards,
    Bugs Bunny
    edited 11.09.2021
    There we go, the much awaited results are here, thank you everyone for their participation <3 

We have 6 winners under the best entry awards section who were voted by the moderation team who will share 1337 gold each, and 4 runner ups who will get c
    olorful signpost each.

Best Entry Awards (1337 Gold Each)
    Jenny1979 (GR1)  - 1337
    Rita77 (BR1) -  1337 
    farmerjohn 22 (US1) -  1337 
    Autumnferret (US1) -  1337
    Heather Norsk (US1) -  1337 
    FarmerCli (US1) - 1337

Runner Ups (Colorful Signpost For Each)
    Sarah7 (INT1)
     MeowBunny (INT1)
     Blossom (SKN1)
    FuriousDragon (IN1)

But as usual, how can we leave out all of you amazing participants, empty handed?  o:)  therefore all of you from the below list will receive 663 gold each!

Participation Prize
    cherryLips (RO1)
    Uncle John (GB1)
    Priyanshu613 (US1)
     GreenPanda (INT1) 
     ViolinCat123 (US1)

If I missed any of the participants, please do let me know here or on a private message!

Once again, thank you everyone for your participation!

Best Wishes,
    Your International Mod Team
    Thank you for the interesting contest, BugsBunny. <3  It was eye-opening to see how differently everyone's experience was with the pandemic. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file