Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Sowing edge plants

Can anyone tell me how do I clear my cultivation area of rocks and water aftering sowing edge plants?

Comments

• farmerjohn 22 (US1)farmerjohn 22 (US1) US1 Posts: 37,770
    edited 04.01.2020
    Can anyone tell me how do I clear my cultivation area of rocks and water aftering sowing edge plants?
    @Moonlightskies (US1)  You can't remove them manually. They will only clear from your fields when you produce from the fields without sowing edge crops. I just run some Wildflowers through them a few times.  :)
  • KoStone (US1)KoStone (US1) US1 Posts: 131
    Also, the wet/sandy/rocky fields minimize harvest by 60%. Still a worthwhile investment.
  • Rick55 (US1)Rick55 (US1) US1 Posts: 4
    I think that I sunflower seeds by mistake when sowing. I planted again & still can't get rid of rocks? I tried corn.WF, sunflowers again. Any help?

Thanks
    Rick
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    You have to wait out the growing time of the original sunflowers that you grew with edge plants
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 09.08.2021
    When you plant edge crops it reduces the output of your fields for the amount of time the edge crops grew. As an example if you planted edge crops on cabbage (takes 45 minutes for standard seeds) on your main farm then your field's yield is reduced for 45 growing minutes. That doesn't mean time from harvest but time growing. If you plant standard cabbage on those fields again when you harvest the cabbage after it has grown those 45 minutes the field is cleared and you get the materials that go with the edge crop. (If you sowed willow you get clay). If you plant standard corn on the fields instead of cabbage it only removes 5 minutes from the timer because standard corn takes 5 minutes to grow. If you have the time to babysit your farm this can be an advantage because each time you harvest on a field reduced by edge crops you get the edge crop materials (clay, sand, or rock).

Sunflowers take 8 hours to grow so I f you planted edge crops on sunflowers it will take 8 growing hours to clear the field.

Edge crop seeds are expensive for new players so its best to plant them on something that takes a long time to grow if you can afford the reduced yields for that amount of time. Its easiest to plant the same exact thing after you harvest since the times are the same. For that reason its best to plant edge crops on fields sown with standard seeds rather than the rarer special seeds.

Two caveats:

1) If you plant your fields and then forget to plant the edge crops right away the time the fields are reduced is only the amount of time that the edge plants were actually growing. So if you planted cabbage and forgot to plant the edge crops for 40 minutes your fields will only be reduced for the 5 minutes that the edge plants were growing but the edge crop yield is based on how much time the edge crops grew.

2) You can use sea weed humus to speed up the harvest of your crops and edge crops. If you do this the sea weed humus makes the crops and edge crops available instantly but the time the field is reduced is still the time for that type seed. (If you planted sun flowers with edge crops and then used sea weed you get the sunflower harvest and 8 hours worth of edge crops.) It then takes the normal amount of growing time for your field to clear (for sun flowers that is 8 hours). If you plant seeds that take the same amount of time to grow on the reduced field and sea weed again the reduced crops will be ready instantly and the field will be cleared as if you has spent the regular amount of time crowing the crops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file