Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] Dream Missions and a New Event

Comments

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Well, i dont think this version replaces forever the other Tessa version
  • Tammy91 (US1)Tammy91 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    Give me more reasons to quit this game...
    I have played this game for years. I now play once a day, dont participate in missions and have never bought gold, nor will I. If they listened to those of us who have been here since day one, this crap would not be happening. Some of us are not rich enough for this game.

• Tammy91 (US1)Tammy91 (US1) US1 Posts: 14
    I believe this update was so us players can have a improved game experience, and have another fun thing in the game that we can enjoy. Most of us started playing this game for fun and relaxation.
    What is fun and exciting about it. Having to be on here all day every day? People have lives and some of us cant afford to buy gold, which seems to be the main goal of this game. 
  • Kimmiecat (NL1)Kimmiecat (NL1) NL1 Posts: 995
    edited 05.08.2021

It seems Tessa’s yoga sessions have paid off! When she goes to bed at the end of a good day’s work, she is much more relaxed and eases into her dreams. This has a positive effect on her dreams as well because we are adding a new mission reward system to Tessa’s Dream World. Fulfil missions, score high, make points and get great rewards in this upgrade to Tessa’s Dream World! It’s a bit like the cooperative championship but the focus is all you!

Do well in the duration during the Dream World, and you can get multiple types of rewards in your permanent farms. There are ranking rewards in the form of diamonds, bonus rewards at the end of the Dream World duration and the daily challenge which will reward you right away. This is going to change your Dream World experience and it all starts today!

What an exciting update, right? A whole new event and more rewarding dreams are coming your way. I certainly can’t wait to take it all in and I hope to see you around on your farm scoring high in these new ventures!

Yours, Tessa from Big Farm

Another succesful annoying your customers. Tessa is (or was) about the only enjoyable part off the game and now it is ruined by missions. 
    I hardly play missions on my regular farm for a good reason.....so this is a bummer. And the special press no longer gives an EP booster and demolishing undergrowth takes a lot longer. And of course the swift seeder now suddenly requires gold.

Typical : GGS giveth and taketh away, in the assumption that we all will spend money for what was free before. It is becoming an elitist game for the rich only.

Again one step closer to quitting.
    Post edited by Kimmiecat (NL1) on
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Exxy (INT1) said:

btw , the xp version still exists , and will still happen , if u prefer it
    @Exxy (INT1)
    Where id you read or interpret that the XP version still exists and will still happen?  If that is the case, then there is still hope :)

I read in the announcement that they're "adding a new mission reward system to Tessa’s Dream World ....... This is going to change your Dream World experience and it all starts today!"
    To me, it sounds permanent; I did not get the feeling that there would still be an XP version, perhaps alternating with this one, but just this one from now on.

Oh well, who knows, its possible that Im wrong too

But they have kept older/different versions of dream world alive in the past 

Just like version with / without gourmet farm products, so im not sure, they would have really killed the XP version , but its possible, we really dont know at this point
    Everyone is complaining (including myself) when y'all don't realize you get rewards for scoring rep in the DW. What type of rewards? Gold flowers 😝

On another note- you've got to be messing with us and these yellow hybiscus missions.
    How did you get goldflowers?  I did a few missions this morning, I just logged back  in & don't have any goldflowers nor goldflower seeds.

We do get a few diamonds for completing the tasks for earning RP, but that's all I'm really seeing
  • Everyone is complaining (including myself) when y'all don't realize you get rewards for scoring rep in the DW. What type of rewards? Gold flowers 😝

On another note- you've got to be messing with us and these yellow hybiscus missions.
    How did you get goldflowers?  I did a few missions this morning, I just logged back  in & don't have any goldflowers nor goldflower seeds.

We do get a few diamonds for completing the tasks for earning RP, but that's all I'm really seeing

@jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)
    LOL - Thank you so much!
    We get goldflowers that is, if we get enough points to get all the way to 49/50 of the rewards
    I'm not very optomistic I'll get there, this event
    (Love your red artwork on this one)
  • AJR (US1)AJR (US1) US1 Posts: 56
    Everyone is complaining (including myself) when y'all don't realize you get rewards for scoring rep in the DW. What type of rewards? Gold flowers 😝

It's a reward for when you get over 900k
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    CK used to be quarterly. We enjoyed the missions then. Something to look forward to as we built up our farms. Then it was every 6 weeks. Then every 4 weeks, etc. Shame. A lot of long time players signed up for a relaxing farming game. LOL!
    One of the most enjoyable aspects of DW is that there were no missions. Well, thanks for that. Also, please bring back sunflowers, roses, and diamond flowers. Those really benefitted the players, the missions don't.
    One of the most enjoyable aspects of DW is that there were no missions. Well, thanks for that. Also, please bring back sunflowers, roses, and diamond flowers. Those really benefitted the players, the missions don't.
    LOL - so basically, just put it back the way it was & dismiss this as a not so bright idea?
    maybe like the new horse racing, and the new lab, and ..... well, maybe I shouldn't go on ;)
    edited 05.08.2021
    Well, its a competition game =o

More than a relaxing game, I went around and tried to find any place or description where it mentions that big farm is a relaxing game

This is the main component of the game, as being a strategy and farming game

LOL - so basically, just put it back the way it was & dismiss this as a not so bright idea?
    maybe like the new horse racing, and the new lab, and ..... well, maybe I shouldn't go on ;)
    That would work for me!!  :)
    edited 05.08.2021
    Well, its a competition game =o

More than a relaxing game, I went around and tried to find any place or description where it mentions that big farm is a relaxing game

This is the main component of the game, as being a strategy and farming game

Yes - strategy, not competition ;)
    many good strategy games are long, slow, drawn out 

it was relaxing for many as they just tended their farm while chatting with friends, now instead it's constant competition & less time for just sitting back & shooting the breeze

Yes - strategy, not competition ;)
    Exactly!!
    The experience on missioning is great so far in Tessa, havent stumbled much on heavy golders

We're playing missions :)
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    edited 06.08.2021
    I do NOT like this!!! And before anyone says try it and give it a chance, I have a good part of the day. It's made to get more peeps to buy gold. Plus the side task "play missions" mean get points cuz just "playing" does not count or there a glitch where it doesn't count actual missions

PS - PLEASE give us back sunflower seeds
  • Abby_Cadabby (US1)Abby_Cadabby (US1) US1 Posts: 80
    edited 06.08.2021
    What fun about this update? 
    New events.
    New flowers.
    New challenges.
    You cannot speak harshly about an event that hasn't even been out once yet. And missions in dream worlds have always been talked about among players and coops.
    Before I was a gold buyer on main, I would get top 10 in every event. And despite being a gold buyer I do not waste it on these events, I use it on more important things like upgrading the water tower.
    The CC is in a few hours - are we supposed to bounce back and forth between farms doing missions?

This new DW, obsidian farm, both are total duds - not fun :(
    edited 06.08.2021
    I did get 4 sunflower seed packets, but now I'n not sure how useful they'll be

I also got in a mission to collect fertilizer .... uh, no thanks !
    Minimum 20 to shelve, but can only make 10 in 56 minutes & that's if one doesn't already have it set for a long time. I wouldn't have imagined they'd put fertilizer for a mission !?!?! 
    Looking ahead, that will make me like this event less & less, if I need to hold things like fertilizer for a mission, instead of using it for an orchard

update:
    10 fertilizer was not enough to get points for the mission, said not enough was harvested (yet that's all I can make within 1 hour time). Then, to make matters worse, I immediately got another fertilizer mission.
    Case in point, they don't want us to like this game - LOL
    Post edited by Heather Norsk (US1) on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I do NOT like this!!! And before anyone says try it and give it a chance, I have a good part of the day. It's made to get more peeps to buy gold. Plus the side task "play missions" mean get points cuz just "playing" does not count or there a glitch where it doesn't count actual missions

PS - PLEASE give us back sunflower seeds
    I've barely given it a chance and I hate it!    yeah not a fan of adding missions to this, bad enough we have to do it for the CC.  They are way worse in this version.  
    Well, i dont think this version replaces forever the other Tessa version
    They said it was an update to Tessa's world so it seems like it is here to stay.  I was actually going to put more effort into it this time, but not with missions.  I'll just set it and forget it as in I will go in and just take the minimum payout at the end.  I'll just focus on other things.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    @Morti (SKN1)  he means both versions of Tessa's Dream World will run.

This version with Missions, where you need RP. 
    And the original version, no Missions, where you need XP

So we will still get the other version.  That is good to know.
  • Well I have slept on it and I still hate the new update
  • chami (AU1)chami (AU1) AU1 Posts: 186
    edited 06.08.2021
    ugh...we already do many missions during a CC n its boring, we really don't need do the same thing again in dream world, it was better earlier actually, you are forcing your dream to us...lol  :|

hibiscus / fertilizer / lamb lettuce/ etc missions ?? seriously..... dream world was the only interesting event left, and you have spoiled it, sorry...
  • I used to enjoy the tessa dream world but with the new update and the loss of sunflowers it seems impossible to get the income to upgrade buildings and buy land which in turn prevents levelling up. very disappointed
  • Morti (SKN1)Morti (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 485

But there is no guarantee ??
  • jorisvanvlijmen (NL1)jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) NL1 Posts: 319
    edited 06.08.2021
    The experience on missioning is great so far in Tessa, havent stumbled much on heavy golders

We're playing missions :)
    Do you get payed for any reaction or by the hour exxy ? the way you talk nicely about everything they come up with,  looks like you are an employee off this company ! 

UPDATE:

Thats fine by me, but it would be nice if you make it clear to be one, im not the only one who thinks that !
    Post edited by jorisvanvlijmen (NL1) on
Sign In to comment.