Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

New right side bar?

Comments

• hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    This is just taking the piss now, I realise you need to have a revenue stream but do you really have to punish us peasants who can't afford / justify spending money on this game?
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    Here is an overview of some of the things players can already do to pretty much "buy" a huge advantage in an event:

In the pleasure park event, you can buy boosters that give you up to the equivalent of a 785% boost for one hour worth of stall time. So someone whose decoration valley setup is not that great can use this to beat pretty much anyone who has a good set-up that is not using the boosters, which will cost a lot of gold to run.

You can buy many items such as these tokens and this 200% boost for 24 hours worth of points in the fishing hard worker event. Then it is pretty much impossible for anyone to match up with you, particularly if you use gold to get a bunch of bonus points, unless they do the same thing. But as you can see here, in my currency this is already extremely expensive. Those tokens can also be used to really cheaply get a huge advantage in the cooperative championship event by just using the wheel of fortune when it arrives.

Similarly, you can buy these for the village fair as well ...

And let's not forget about other things such as these subscriptions where buying these gives you an enormous advantage over players in many parts of the game, such as in the worldwide championship events, in field missions in the cooperative championships, etc. to the point that someone who does not buy this subscription has no chance of competing against the players that buy these even if they only use them somewhat effectively.

And there are many offers like these ones.

Now as you can see, there are a HUGE number of opportunities for players to spend huge amounts of money buying huge advantages in the game. Which would presumably lead to a large amount of income from these features. (As to how much, I have no idea.)

But my point is that these have been added maybe over the last year or something like that (some were there before). So you would think that adding these features would help keep the game financially viable (as it appeared to be coping before) while allowing most players to have a generally good experience playing the game right?

Well, of course not. It appears this wasn't enough and they have to FLOOD OUR SCREEN WITH ADVERTS.

Now I don't necessarily agree with all of the options to purchase the huge advantages in events, but if it is like that so a good game experience can be maintained, then it is something I'm prepared to accept. But this is just ridiculous with the adverts. They ruin the gameplay by popping up randomly and make it a lot harder to play with the smaller screen. It's pretty disgusting that they can't be satisfied with "selling" out the events, but they also have to ruin our experience by placing adverts everywhere because we're not going to do things like spend real life money on an online game which is not even that important in the big scheme of most players' lives.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    Yes, this new feature of the right-side bar is now affecting all servers.  Earlier is was launched only on the US server, but now is on all servers.  When you buy the tiniest bit of gold then the ads disappear for 60 days. :)
  • Just as an update, since we haven't been listened to. I've installed an adblocker that lets Google ads know that the ads are blocked and so generate no revenue. I've decided to forego my annual gold purchase this year and will be switching my positive reviews of the game on Amazon, MMOs.com and metacritic to negative reviews.

When ads become optional and my screen is no longer hijacked, I'll resume my annual purchases and I'll watch 2 or 3 ads each day when I sign in to help generate revenue just like I have always done for other games of this type that value their customers and want to give their players a positive experience instead of a frustrating negative one.

If the developers revert the changes to the laboratory I'll make my annual purchase twice a year instead.
  • hamsters1 (GB1)hamsters1 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 22
    Yes, this new feature of the right-side bar is now affecting all servers.  Earlier is was launched only on the US server, but now is on all servers.  When you buy the tiniest bit of gold then the ads disappear for 60 days. :)
    Oh goody , I'll just use my nonexistent cash to buy some gold then. Your smiley face is inappropriate IMHO. Please try to remember that some people do not have the spare money to buy the ''tiniest bit of gold''.
  • Bruce04 (US1)Bruce04 (US1) US1 Posts: 198
    @diksh Just add a browser extension to block ads and you'll be fine. 
    That doesn't work! Still have the bar with an ad remover.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    simply put for those not understanding: an ad blocker will remove the ads. It will NOT remove the space the ads take up on the right side. If ya find flashy ads annoying or hard on eyes, then just an ad blocker may be what ya want. Just having the white bar doesn't irritate the eyes as much, other then reducing the game space. I for 1 don't believe in installing something else just for 1 game if I don't have to. I have no problems moving the window so the ads are off my screen.
  • domino666 (INT1)domino666 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 79
    How much is it you donated to charity ggs or sillyfront or whatever ????????

a nice round figure i bet ?

uhuhuh
  • Blue Denim (US1)Blue Denim (US1) US1 Posts: 5,253
    Ya some people like Myself are on a budget & therefore can not afford to buy gold at all, so we will either be stuck with these lousy ad's, or just quit the game altogether, either way  gee thanks game team. :(.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Finally someone answered our question re: white bar. Apparently removing the ads doesn't remove the white bar, so the screen still is reduced. Not happy with this. If we spend money, which is what I presume you want us to do, please make it so that the original playing area is restored. Thanks!
    Finally someone answered our question re: white bar. Apparently removing the ads doesn't remove the white bar, so the screen still is reduced. Not happy with this. If we spend money, which is what I presume you want us to do, please make it so that the original playing area is restored. Thanks!
    It depends on HOW u remove the ads. IF u buy gold then the whole thing goes away, left over white bar and all making the game play area be restored. I was just clarifying that using an ad blocker to remove em makes the flashy ads go away but will leave the white bar.
    I'm sorry - I was not trying to add to the confusion. I just didn't understand all the comments saying to just get an ad blocker when it leaves the white bar and that's not what some want. That's why I was trying to clarify that fact before someone else wasted time/computer space to download an add blocker to have it not give them the desired result.
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    It depends on HOW u remove the ads. IF u buy gold then the whole thing goes away, left over white bar and all making the game play area be restored. I was just clarifying that using an ad blocker to remove em makes the flashy ads go away but will leave the white bar.
    Thank you so much, Autumn. This is good news.  I'll get this info back to the others.
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    In-game ad again! :rage:

Now we'll see another wave of players quitting the game for these in-game ad! I have lost many friends through these disruptive ads that make the game a horrible place. I will then never buy anything more for this game as they force us to buy on this rude site and many in our server say the same.I do not know what is the point of adding these in-game ads to attract away players? Maybe GGS thinks we are too many players :)

Thank you so much, Autumn. This is good news.  I'll get this info back to the others.
    Also remember that buying gold, it will go away TEMPORARY. After 60 days it will return until ya buy MORE gold.
  • walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    Here is an overview of some of the things players can already do to pretty much "buy" a huge advantage in an event:

In the pleasure park event, you can buy boosters that give you up to the equivalent of a 785% boost for one hour worth of stall time. So someone whose decoration valley setup is not that great can use this to beat pretty much anyone who has a good set-up that is not using the boosters, which will cost a lot of gold to run.

You can buy many items such as these tokens and this 200% boost for 24 hours worth of points in the fishing hard worker event. Then it is pretty much impossible for anyone to match up with you, particularly if you use gold to get a bunch of bonus points, unless they do the same thing. But as you can see here, in my currency this is already extremely expensive. Those tokens can also be used to really cheaply get a huge advantage in the cooperative championship event by just using the wheel of fortune when it arrives.

Similarly, you can buy these for the village fair as well ...

And let's not forget about other things such as these subscriptions where buying these gives you an enormous advantage over players in many parts of the game, such as in the worldwide championship events, in field missions in the cooperative championships, etc. to the point that someone who does not buy this subscription has no chance of competing against the players that buy these even if they only use them somewhat effectively.

And there are many offers like these ones.

Now as you can see, there are a HUGE number of opportunities for players to spend huge amounts of money buying huge advantages in the game. Which would presumably lead to a large amount of income from these features. (As to how much, I have no idea.)

But my point is that these have been added maybe over the last year or something like that (some were there before). So you would think that adding these features would help keep the game financially viable (as it appeared to be coping before) while allowing most players to have a generally good experience playing the game right?

Well, of course not. It appears this wasn't enough and they have to FLOOD OUR SCREEN WITH ADVERTS.

Now I don't necessarily agree with all of the options to purchase the huge advantages in events, but if it is like that so a good game experience can be maintained, then it is something I'm prepared to accept. But this is just ridiculous with the adverts. They ruin the gameplay by popping up randomly and make it a lot harder to play with the smaller screen. It's pretty disgusting that they can't be satisfied with "selling" out the events, but they also have to ruin our experience by placing adverts everywhere because we're not going to do things like spend real life money on an online game which is not even that important in the big scheme of most players' lives.
    Totally agree with you
    This is what the game will look like soon :)
  • JVD (US1)JVD (US1) US1 Posts: 2,784
    and when it does I am definitely gone! :(
  • Twiglet (GB1)Twiglet (GB1) GB1 Posts: 1,174
    This banner thing launched by them is very distracting, ads appearing was enough and now this, i like this game but if they keep on adding new ways of showing ads then i will have to search for some other free, no ad farm game  :(
    If you find a decent alternative would you message me and I will join the exodus
    There is a few new ones coming out this year on steam that look quite good, i have them on my wish list.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1) et al
    You may want to try    https://www.standsapp.org/  or switch browser to Opera
    JVD (US1) said:
    and when it does I am definitely gone! :(
    I'm too @JVD (US1) :(
  • @Grandpa Squeak (US1) et al

Thanks, but Opera doesn't work well with some of the sites I use. I use Firefox and have it configured exactly as I want it. A couple of minutes with the Grease monkey add on and I could fix the problem for myself but its illegal to do that in the USA.
  • This is just a game, but nice of you, you made me not feel like a decent person. You made me feel like money could buy a full view! Thank you! Money is big and most important!!!
  • @Grandpa Squeak (US1) et al
    After reading your post I installed Opera and their ad blocker, opened the game and the right side panel and its adds are gone :))   Will probably keep chrome for everything else as I'm used to it but will be using Opera for bigfarm. Many thanks for the info.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1) et al
    After reading your post I installed Opera and their ad blocker, opened the game and the right side panel and its adds are gone :))   Will probably keep chrome for everything else as I'm used to it but will be using Opera for bigfarm. Many thanks for the info.
    That's exactly what I do  :¬))
  • Jasist2 (INT1)Jasist2 (INT1) INT1 Posts: 140
    After the update in June I have not been playing this game much, even though I had time. Now I will play this game even less, and will definitely not buy anything in this game. This is enough. 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    Oh goody , I'll just use my nonexistent cash to buy some gold then. Your smiley face is inappropriate IMHO. Please try to remember that some people do not have the spare money to buy the ''tiniest bit of gold''.
    Well said @hamsters1 (GB1), thank you! There are many that are in that same predicament (several have already commented the same about lack of funds on this thread even, and many more in game that can't get on forum any more).

In addition, it seems ChickadeeQuilter doesn't take to heart that so many of these comments are players remarking that ads such as these are more likely to push them away from this game &/or refuse to buy gold because of them, so to suggest yet again to buy gold - even the tiniest bit - is more like another poke in the fire (IMHO) 

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    Well said @hamsters1 (GB1), thank you! There are many that are in that same predicament (several have already commented the same about lack of funds on this thread even, and many more in game that can't get on forum any more).

In addition, it seems ChickadeeQuilter doesn't take to heart that so many of these comments are players remarking that ads such as these are more likely to push them away from this game &/or refuse to buy gold because of them, so to suggest yet again to buy gold - even the tiniest bit - is more like another poke in the fire (IMHO) 

The reality is if you don't want to see the ads buy some gold.   Making digs at the mods over something they have absolutely no control over is inappropriate. 
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    @maxiroy (US1)
    We know this ... if you don't want to see these new ads the company has added to the game, buy gold to get rid of them ... that has been repeated enough. I did not and am not implying in any way shape or form that the mods have any control over that part of it at all. I was merely agreeing on the appearance of lack of tact sometimes, that makes this sore subject, worse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file