Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Missions during Co -operative Championships

I am fed up with being placed in missions with players of much higher levels which I have absolutely no chance of winning.  I think we should only be placed up against players of a similar level.  I have been in missions where more than one of the other players is at least 300 levels higher than me and there is now way I can compete with them so I just stop playing.

Comments

• I haven't done the math on this so take it with a grain of salt. In my experience the rep points awarded have nothing at all to do with what place you take in the mission but rather how much of the item wanted you harvest. I do not believe that the place you come in adds any extra points but I could be wrong about that.

With that said there are some discrepancies. For instance, dung missions. You are always better off harvesting animals for what they produce rather than the dung that they produce. Pigs are worth more points than the dung the pigs produce. Milk is worth more points than the dung produced by cows and goats. Eggs are worth more than the dung that chicks and ducks produce. That makes only donkeys worth harvesting for dung missions since there are no missions for donkeys.

The other issue is cherries. They take a very long time to grow and using them to make jam takes way more than it should especially considering how little time it takes to make cherry jam.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The amount of reputation points and certificates you get are based on the rank you ended AND how well you did in the mission. For example you ended in rank 3 with 300 corn or in the same rank with 800 corn; you will get more certificates in the latter example.

Also the total amount collected by everyone in the mission affects results

If you are 3rd with 800 where the entire group collects 20,000 you will get more than if the entire group collects only 10,000
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The amount of reputation points and certificates you get are based on the rank you ended AND how well you did in the mission. For example you ended in rank 3 with 300 corn or in the same rank with 800 corn; you will get more certificates in the latter example.

If you are 3rd with 800 where the entire group collects 20,000 you will get more than if the entire group collects only 10,000
    I'm not sure your last line is right Rosy. I know it was supposed to be like that but I collected lots of my results with pig missions and if I finished in the same place with the same harvest I always got the same points.
    Last place earned 1 point/pig, 5th (with someone else in 6th) earned 2.5 points per pig, 4th, 3rd, 2nd earned 3, 4 and 5 p/p respectively and 1st earned 7.5 p/p (approx)
    Hmm OK ... I will see if things have changed.
  • Grandpa Squeak (US1)Grandpa Squeak (US1) US1 Posts: 182
    edited 27.07.2021

I'm not sure your last line is right Rosy. I know it was supposed to be like that but I collected lots of my results with pig missions and if I finished in the same place with the same harvest I always got the same points.
    Last place earned 1 point/pig, 5th (with someone else in 6th) earned 2.5 points per pig, 4th, 3rd, 2nd earned 3, 4 and 5 p/p respectively and 1st earned 7.5 p/p (approx)

Thanks Uncle John. I was going to get around to doing the math on that. You just saved me a bunch of time. I'll probably still check and see how many points 1 of each item awards and see if there are things that aren't worth the time and trouble to plant and just shelve them as soon as they pop up.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It is correct that the harvest amount of other players does not affect your reputation score as long as the harvest amounts don't change your rank. But it's not really accurate to give those kinds of numbers for the pig scores. It appears to give smaller amounts of points per unit of increase in the harvest amount when your harvest amount is higher.

As an example, if you come 1st in a milk mission with around 5,000 milk you should get something around 17,500 reputation points plus all of the boosters and everything else. If you increase that by another 5,000 milk you will end up with about 26,000 reputation points so it's approximately a 8,500 reputation point increase for an increase of 5,000 milk. With around 70,000 milk you will 53,500 reputation points plus boosters and an increase of 30,000 milk to around 100,000 milk will give around 59,000 reputation points. So this time the milk increased by around 30,000 but the reputation points only increased by around 5,500 points.

So the amount that your score goes up by depends heavily on your current harvest amount.
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    It is correct that the harvest amount of other players does not affect your reputation score as long as the harvest amounts don't change your rank. But it's not really accurate to give those kinds of numbers for the pig scores. It appears to give smaller amounts of points per unit of increase in the harvest amount when your harvest amount is higher.

As an example, if you come 1st in a milk mission with around 5,000 milk you should get something around 17,500 reputation points plus all of the boosters and everything else. If you increase that by another 5,000 milk you will end up with about 26,000 reputation points so it's approximately a 8,500 reputation point increase for an increase of 5,000 milk. With around 70,000 milk you will 53,500 reputation points plus boosters and an increase of 30,000 milk to around 100,000 milk will give around 59,000 reputation points. So this time the milk increased by around 30,000 but the reputation points only increased by around 5,500 points.

So the amount that your score goes up by depends heavily on your current harvest amount.
    Yes, as with most things BF it is a logarithmic curve I think, but I was trying to indicate that where we placed was significant. (just cos I can;t finish 1st does not mean it is not worth trying)
    Yes, as with most things BF it is a logarithmic curve I think, but I was trying to indicate that where we placed was significant. (just cos I can;t finish 1st does not mean it is not worth trying)
    Ok I see. I have tried to model it a bit and it is very similar to that logarithmic curve, but it appears to be slightly different for some reason. But its behaviour is definitely well-described by that.
  • here is the old thread that discussed the points are not working as the should and where GGS told us thru mods this, NEVER fixed, years later. @RosyStarling @BugsBunny

https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4028665/#Comment_4028665
    There have been tweaks since then, and is constantly being assessed.

The mis match of players and the wait times are also under constant review

• I think they tried grouping similar levels in missions but there were not enough looking for missions and people were waiting 5 mins for a mission and the ending up by themselves or with one other, so they gave up on that idea.
  • bigez (US1)bigez (US1) US1 Posts: 111
    if there are so many people on the u.s server why when i do a mission there is  any where from 2-4 from the same coop
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 01.08.2021
    @RosyStarling sorry but the formula, still works the same never adjusted, definitely does not work as it is suppose to as we were told by GGS, the amounts others do in your mission does NOT effect the RP you get at all.  What effects RP is Number of players in mission, rank and how much YOU do, last and solo mission, get same amount of RP (if they do exact same harvest), next to nothing, so a low level player or non golder against high level players or golder get very few RP, if the amount that the mission in total did effected the totals then a low level player against the big guns would get far more RP, so would be better off then against all small players and non golders and solo missions.  Last and solo should not get such low amounts either, this encourages 0 harvests, then that effects the results a lot as well if there are 6 players in a mission and 5 do 0 then it is a solo mission, if 4 do 0 then the player who comes 2nd is treated as a solo mission and gets very little no matter how much they harvest, hence why I had submitted a small amendment to how RP are suppose to be calculated (according to GGS)  last and solo mission should be 10% not 0%

If it worked the way it is SUPPOSE to the more everyone does in a mission the more points everyone gets, this encourages everyone to do more, also if in a mission with other members of your co op, you can all do as much as you can, as it is ATM if players in same co op, they are better off 1 player winning mission, all the rest do very little and save for next mission of that type.
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
    @RosyStarling sorry but the formula, still works the same never adjusted, definitely does not work as it is suppose to as we were told by GGS, the amounts others do in your mission does NOT effect the RP you get at all.  What effects RP is Number of players in mission, rank and how much YOU do, last and solo mission, get same amount of RP (if they do exact same harvest), next to nothing, so a low level player or non golder against high level players or golder get very few RP, if the amount that the mission in total did effected the totals then a low level player against the big guns would get far more RP, so would be better off then against all small players and non golders and solo missions.  Last and solo should not get such low amounts either, this encourages 0 harvests, then that effects the results a lot as well if there are 6 players in a mission and 5 do 0 then it is a solo mission, if 4 do 0 then the player who comes 2nd is treated as a solo mission and gets very little no matter how much they harvest, hence why I had submitted a small amendment to how RP are suppose to be calculated (according to GGS)  last and solo mission should be 10% not 0%

If it worked the way it is SUPPOSE to the more everyone does in a mission the more points everyone gets, this encourages everyone to do more, also if in a mission with other members of your co op, you can all do as much as you can, as it is ATM if players in same co op, they are better off 1 player winning mission, all the rest do very little and save for next mission of that type.
    Last place and solo usually don't get the same amount of points. The only time the score appears to change is when no one else reaches the required harvest amount or you end up in a mission by yourself. Then your rank is treated as a 3rd place. Also something weird happens if players tie on the same rank that is different to coming on any specific rank, but I don't know that much about it.

This system can work, but in order for that to happen they need to set it up so that increasing your harvest amount boosts your score up by more than what anyone else would get as a bonus for every situation. Otherwise there will be many situations where there is no point in harvesting more if the other cooperative will get a larger benefit for your harvest amount than your cooperative will. If they can work around this, then it should be fine.
  • Well, just wanted to point out that in my experience, when I collect 15000 alfalfa in a mission, normally i get overtaken and end up in 2nd-5th place, but when i win 1st in the mission, normally i get 86K or 89K something of rp, but rarely, when non-one else or almost no-one else participates in the (normally 6-player) mission, I'll get 36K rp.

That's it, i haven't paid too much attention to trying to figure out the missions, but it certainly sounds interesting!:D
Sign In to comment.