Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I have 14,500 obsidian without putting much effort into any of the events.
    @ninjahuman (AU1)  I'm right there with you, I have 14,750  ;)
  • 24-KL0V3R (US1)24-KL0V3R (US1) US1 Posts: 2,464
    I am looking forward to opening my Obsidian Farm/Upgrading Farmhouse.  It looks like maybe in a month or so as I have now 52,500 obsidian/65,000.  I am glad for the posted pics of the farm.  I noticed that there is a player on our server who has theirs opened. So I expect that soon a few more will have theirs opened too. I have been saving my building slot tokens so I can use them for upgrading that new farm.  I sure wish there would be one dedicated for the Obsidian Farm the way it is for the Temp farms.
  • Good morning, I bought land with 85% of the obsidian island .I should have given 1,600 gold on the field, but it took me 11,000 gold.I am extremely upset for the loss suffered. And yesterday I suffered the same, that’s why I tried to make sure that there is an error related to the supply of land for the island obsidian. What to do, do I recover my loss ??? !! !!!!

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 03.07.2021
    I have forwarded your concern to the Team. In the mean time have you sent in a ticket? 

I was instructed to tell you to write to support for both incidents. You should include the screenshots for the second and also give an approx. time when you purchased the first. Support should be able to evaluate it and help you.
  • Yes, thank you very much. I wrote today after the second error in support. I also attached these pictures, including the time when I bought the land yesterday
    Great! I hope all things work out for you. :) Glad I could help
  • Thank you very much for your support. Today I recovered the losses from the obsidian island
    Oh that is wonderful! I am so happy things worked out for you! :)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Just started the research ! <3

12 days to go now :D
    edited 11.07.2021
    Yay! I did too, yesterday! 11 days to go! :)

Okay...I got in a hurry and opened my Obsidian Farm! :) But...alas I found that the Cooperative Subscription package does not work for that farm.  Our coop has 31 members who have that subscription and this allows for reduced building slot tokens plus a greater discount for goods needed for contracts, however it is not showing that this subscription is working on the Obsidian Farm.  :'(:'(:'(  The Convience subscription package is working though as I can use the Turbo Harvest and Swift Seeder freely.  So why does not the other Cooperative Subscription work?  I am subscribed to both. 

Has anyone else that has opened the Obsidian Farm have this problem where the OF contracts do not have Lester's Tree percentage nor are able to use the one-time construction with reduced need for tokens in order to use it?

Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Tiki1313 (GB1)Tiki1313 (GB1) GB1 Posts: 5
    My Obisidian Farm is the same, FarmerCli.  No 2nd construction slot and no credit for Lester on contracts.

Has anyone completed the research to take a stable to level 10?  I was looking at the chicken coop and the info tab says 145 eggs /  +83 additional eggs. 

My level 9 coops produce 183 eggs.  The info tab for level 9 says 183 eggs / +83 additional.  The level 10 coop wouldn't make less eggs, anyone know how many more it will produce?
    edited 16.07.2021
    I have not even tried doing research for any of the main farm land or stables, etc. I am too busy doing the research needed for the Obsidian Farm...now I am out of obsidian so am looking forward to the end of the CHWE so I can get more obsidian.  Probably after I have done all I can on any research tied to the OF, I will consider the research and upgrades on the Main farms  I am just glad I saved in reserve a bunch of the construction slot tokens so they'd be available to help clear the OF land.
  • I tried to review production costs with different happiness, and it is a little bit strange. Difference between positive and negative happiness is very small, but in general cost is very high even with -65% reduction, so on that happiness profit barely cover production cost:

I have happiness level so that production costs are -89%.  When production costs are at -30% it costs 1254 Obisian dollars (OD) to plant a level 1 orchard of dragon fruit that yields 67 dragon fruit. But at -89% it costs me 614 obsidian dollars to plant that same dragon fruit orchard.  I can direct sell 67 dragon fruit for 1876 OD. So I do think the happiness level is significant even at the lower happiness level.  At the -30% production rate you can profit 622 OD for 67 fruit and at the -89% you can profit 1262 OD for 67 fruit.  I expect that the higher the level of the field or orchard will also produce more yield hence higher profit.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 20.07.2021
    I have happiness level so that production costs are -89%.  When production costs are at -30% it costs 1254 Obisian dollars (OD) to plant a level 1 orchard of dragon fruit that yields 67 dragon fruit. But at -89% it costs me 614 obsidian dollars to plant that same dragon fruit orchard.  I can direct sell 67 dragon fruit for 1876 OD. So I do think the happiness level is significant even at the lower happiness level.  At the -30% production rate you can profit 622 OD for 67 fruit and at the -89% you can profit 1262 OD for 67 fruit.  I expect that the higher the level of the field or orchard will also produce more yield hence higher profit.

Hmmm, very interesting @FarmerCli (US1)

I was looking at best ways to make money on the obsidian farm this morning and did find out about market contracts & higher levels, but it's very useful to know that the deco's can have quite a useful effect when they're taking a good % chunk out of the production costs, as i was planning to use them just to keep the cost's at +0% :anguished:
    edited 21.07.2021

Hmmm, very interesting @FarmerCli (US1)

I was looking at best ways to make money on the obsidian farm this morning and did find out about market contracts & higher levels, but it's very useful to know that the deco's can have quite a useful effect when they're taking a good % chunk out of the production costs, as i was planning to use them just to keep the cost's at +0% :anguished:
    Yes, well to keep the costs at "0", you'd need a farm load of decos or a bunch of the high cost gold ones.  Without Lester's Tree to help reduce the product amounts needed for the markets, we don't make as much profit from those very quickly.  :o:#:( 
    Yeah, its a very slow paced farm overall ;)
  • I hope after all the excitement of a new farm that it's all worth  the effort, doesn't sound much like it.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 22.07.2021
    I hope after all the excitement of a new farm that it's all worth  the effort, doesn't sound much like it.

@amazingrose7 (GB1)

Perhaps, though while the Obsidian humus & Obsidian feed is not actually that useful to spontaneously produce something, as it doesn't reduce the production time at all, it can be used on special seeds planted to get ready for the cc or something similar...

But, the Obsidian seeds looks absolutely fantastic, the XXL seeds are giving amounts of 2820, 3000, 3100 and 2820, for corn, wf, ruta & alfalfa respectively.

Of course, the production times for those items are 2.5-4H, but assuming that we can use seaweed humus on them, or even if not, these will be extremely useful as far as i can see :)
    edited 24.07.2021
    I am already losing excitement over the Obsidian Farm.  It is going to take a lifetime of obsidian to upgrade that farm's fields/orchards/buildings to where it will be worthwhile for our main farms.  It is just too bad that there is no way to boost the harvest yields of the farm...we have no library books, no way to sparkle other's obsidian farms, no way to reduce the contract goods amounts as our subscriptions don't work on it except for the Convenice package subscription (where we can use the turbo harvest and swift seeder).Oh yes and also we have no way to fertilize with humus the obsidian fields or fertilize our orchards or seaweed feed for the animals, so no boost in yield there either.  All in all, makes for disappointment.
    Post edited by 24-KL0V3R (US1) on
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    Obsidian farm
    Well done :)
  • Benicia (AU1)Benicia (AU1) AU1 Posts: 63
    :smile: thank you
  • My Obsi island :) 
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    My Obsi island :) 
    Congratulations on the new farm, it is so beautiful♥
    Obsidian farm
    Congratulations on the new farm to you to, it is so beautiful too ♥
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I received all the 65000 obsidian and I am currently doing the research for it.  I think 11 days to go!
  • My Obsi island :) 
    Thank you,dear 
    My Obsi island :) 
    Thank you,dear 
    You are welcome <3
Sign In to comment.