Home EN Suggestions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Word Filter List

I think they should END the word filter list. It is only used for private messages. If someone sends me a message that I find offensive I can block the user and be done with it. Problem solved.
With the word filter list it causes more problems than solving. I get so frustrated typing basic messages to coop mates and everyday words can't be used because of this word filter list. GGS has provided a way to deal with unpleasant private messages already, it's called block!
The word filter is far past overkill (oops that's probably on the list). The offensive part is not the words but the meaning when constructed in a sentence with other words. Thus the word filter is rendered useless.

I only see a point to censorship when it comes to player names, coop names, farm names, pet names, horse name, boat names. These items cannot be blocked like a player can be. And maybe even then, wait 'til someone actually files a complaint. It would reduce how many requests would be made about modifying the word filter list.

End word filter list please!!

Comments

• Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    edited 07.07.2021
    Totally agree. Pointless in messages

(and bluddy irritating)
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    with it they can claim to be more child friendly. but in reality it is pointless when there are so many ways around it. use "$" for an "S" or leave a "L" off a word that uses 2 of em, abbreviations like BS, and can't even guess how many itch I've had lol
  • with it they can claim to be more child friendly. but in reality it is pointless when there are so many ways around it. use "$" for an "S" or leave a "L" off a word that uses 2 of em, abbreviations like BS, and can't even guess how many itch I've had lol
    Children can use the block too. Which is a wonderful feature.

• Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    with it they can claim to be more child friendly. but in reality it is pointless when there are so many ways around it. use "$" for an "S" or leave a "L" off a word that uses 2 of em, abbreviations like BS, and can't even guess how many itch I've had lol
    Children can use the block too. Which is a wonderful feature.

I'm aware children can use the block feature as well. My point was that with the word filter list GGS can claim they are MORE child friendly. Above and beyond a simple block, even though there are ways around it.
  • Farmer Joe77 (US1)Farmer Joe77 (US1) US1 Posts: 119
    edited 14.07.2021
    The word that always gets me is peacock. I try to tell my teammates to leave them at lvl 1 on the temp farm and it will never let me send the message even though the word is spelled out correctly in the build menu, barn, and tasks. The game can use the word but I am not allowed to. I cannot wait to see if I am able to send this message with the word spelled correctly.

Edit: How about that, I can use the word here just not on chat or in game mail.
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I don't understand why they need to be child friendly considering their rules state;
              2.3     Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to register.

Farmer Joe77 (US1)
    That one is so funny, since it's part of the game ! 
    When I run into any word such as peacock where part of the word spelling is a banned word, I just add an extra space such as    peac ock

I agree with the 1st post, that the list is fairly pointless in mail since players get around it anyways & kids aren't allowed to register anyways. I also agree with keeping the ban on all names and titles within the game that are more permanent (although players find a way around it there too, at least with the ban they can be reported & required to change it).
Sign In to comment.