Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Euro Cup Discussion ⚽

124»

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    You nailed it RosyStarling, that was a close game indeed !!! and Italy ended up with the edge

They both played so well. From what I could tell, the refs let things slide on both sides, but called some well needed ones. There are of course plays on both sides that can be looked at on replay and say that maybe there should have been a call, but in the end, It was an incredible match to watch.  Pins & needles at the end during the shootout, I think I held my breath a few times.

I know it's sad to lose, heartbreaking, but silver medals are no small feat & still something to be proud of.  I am at a loss to understand why so many England players took them off as soon as they were put on (can anyone shed some light on that for me?). 
    I also commend every player who took a penalty shot and the goalkeepers who defended them. That (IMHO) can be scary, is a lot of pressure, and shows tremendous bravery, especially in a match such as this. Every one of those 12 players are a hero in my book.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 13.07.2021
    I stayed up late to watch it to the end.

I do think one of the yellow cards should have been red but the refs are professionals and are on the spot so I won't argue the point

Despite an amazing start with England scoring in the first few minutes I don't think they played as well in the second half.

The final result was hard fought but won well

Post edited by RosyStarling on
    I suppose a benefit to being in the USA, is I didn't have to stay up late since the match started at 1400 my local time so I was easily up until the end and for all the celebration time, and the awards time too

Which yellow card do you mean; the one when Chiellini pulled down Saka, or when Jorginho's foot slid off the top of the ball & onto Grealish's leg?
    No arguing the point, just curious which you mean - - I've read & heard arguments on both. While the injury to Grealish was worse, the Italian's foot did slide off the ball making it unintentional (not that it excuses it). The play with Chiellini I think is the worse offense. Red or yellow in that case could be arguable as there is grey area between "unsporting behavior" (yellow) and "serious foul play" (red). A ref's job is not one that I would want, and I am certainly okay accepting their call / their ruling on a play 

That 1st goal by England was so good, and so quick, I really thought that was going to be the intensity of the match, but they just couldn't seem to sustain it

• RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The one when Chiellini pulled down Saka - he grabbed his shirt and pulled!
    yea, Saka didn't have much choice but to go down or get choked

Seems to me, I've seen lesser offense get a red, and I've seen worse not even get a yellow

• BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    It's time to wrap this up, we have our final random winner, which is  @GREENPANDA (INT1)

who will receive the football themed decoration shown in the below image.

• walle (INT1)walle (INT1) INT1 Posts: 420
    BugsBunny said:
    It's time to wrap this up, we have our final random winner, which is  @GREENPANDA (INT1)

who will receive the football themed decoration shown in the below image.

Thank you Bugs, i appricate this. good luck all players next time :) Love is on air <3
This discussion has been closed.