Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Reason of handbook offer's discount difference

Me and a friend has been observing differences in the discount amount for the same handbook at the same time.

For example, there's an offer for the cement handbook at -85% for me, and for my friend the offer is -70% for the cement handbook.

One that I've just learned of from my friend is the -85% gold discount for a farmplot, which i didn't even know was possible, i've only seen up too -70%.

My question is, why are there these differences in handbook discounts for different players?

While I don't really expect anyone to have figured that out 100%, I'm wondering if anyone else has discovered these differences as well and maybe pinpointed a possible culprit reason :)

Anyway, any other information and idea's would be appreciated, thanks for reading, happy farming :)

Best Answers

• Jenny1979 (GR1)Jenny1979 (GR1) GR1 Posts: 1,639
    Answer ✓
    I agree with @ninjahuman (AU1)
    85% is only for the expansion plot and I think it has to do with the players level
    my guess is you can have 85% for the plot if you are over 350 level but... cant be sure about it
    edited 07.07.2021 Answer ✓
    Hello again, sorry it took me so long to answer ( I've been away)

I dont see the conection with the subscriptions
    cause I know players without one but over 350 level and they do get the 85% discount
    when others with a subscription that are under 350 level get 75% discount
    for all these reasons and after checking with my teammates I came to the conclusion it is the players level that determines the discount and figured it was 350 level

I have a similar but different offer I have been wondering about for a long time, collectibles. One of our deputies announces on a regular basis when the collectibles offer comes up. We are always short on teamwork so I look for this offer constantly but never get it when she does, in fact I have not seen this offer in a long long time. Any thoughts why some get it and some do not?
    this offer used to come up at the same time for everyone but not anymore
    its been a while now that it appears randomly ,
    so when a player announces that the offer is here ,it isnt for every player at the same time 
    a few may have it yes but others may see it hours or days later.
    so you just have to check the current offers you have at the time 

and this does not apply only for the collectibles offer but for other offers too
    like the HWE booster for example, it happens a lot 
    maybe they just want us to check the offers all the time ? who knows
    Answer ✓
    I am coming to this again... cause I think it is not 350 the required level but 330
    I had no one to confirm it so far but.. now I know a coopmate of mine that is 333 level and before 330 level he had a 75% discount and now that he reached over 330 he has the 85%, currently 90% discount 
    so the limit is 330 level
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    Answer ✓
    @Jenny1979 (GR1)

Thanks for output, I have a coopmate, that was actually pushing to 350, and is 333 right now, will ask her , if she see -85% or -90% now =o

Answers

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have only seen the handbook discounts at around 55% to 75% recently. The expansion plot offer always appears at -85% for me.
    Answer ✓
    85% is only for the expansion plot and I think it has to do with the players level
    my guess is you can have 85% for the plot if you are over 350 level but... cant be sure about it
  • I have only seen the handbook discounts at around 55% to 75% recently. The expansion plot offer always appears at -85% for me.

Interesting, thanks :)

Hmmmm, that might be right, fit's with the current info i have, one of the members in my coop is waiting to buy a farmplot or 2 with that -85% offer, and is lvl 325, so perhaps we'll find out in a while :)

Just to make it clear, when you say "expansion plot" do you mean just any farmplot, or one of the 5 farmplots that they added a while ago?

If it's the latter, you'd need to have all the regular farmplots already bought, which would explain why I'm only get the -70% offer, but then, I'm only lvl 220 as well :)
    edited 30.06.2021
    Weird, now farmland is -80% for me , and -60% for my friend ;(

Oh well

I think we might be out of "sale" moment tho ;o
    Post edited by Exxy (INT1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    One other factor of differences of % discount on the library books is the Subscriptions.  
  • One other factor of differences of % discount on the library books is the Subscriptions.  

True, do you mean with the handbook levels?

An interesting thing, in terms of the Subscriptions, is that me (who has no subscriptions) always seems to have the higher discounted handbooks (if there's a difference) than my friend who has multiple (well, i think 2, but as least 1 :).

Perhaps ggs is just trying to help out the small guy, but from what i know of them, no offence but it would be just business, it would be more profitable to give the better discounts to the subscription buyers and list it as a bonus for perhaps one of the more overpriced subscriptions :)

And it seems that @Jenny1979 (GR1) was right as far as I can see :)

I checked with a lvl 351 player in my coop when the offer was on, and he/she got the -85% farm plot offer, but had never seen it before :)
  • I have a similar but different offer I have been wondering about for a long time, collectibles. One of our deputies announces on a regular basis when the collectibles offer comes up. We are always short on teamwork so I look for this offer constantly but never get it when she does, in fact I have not seen this offer in a long long time. Any thoughts why some get it and some do not?
    edited 07.07.2021 Answer ✓
    Hello again, sorry it took me so long to answer ( I've been away)

I dont see the conection with the subscriptions
    cause I know players without one but over 350 level and they do get the 85% discount
    when others with a subscription that are under 350 level get 75% discount
    for all these reasons and after checking with my teammates I came to the conclusion it is the players level that determines the discount and figured it was 350 level

I have a similar but different offer I have been wondering about for a long time, collectibles. One of our deputies announces on a regular basis when the collectibles offer comes up. We are always short on teamwork so I look for this offer constantly but never get it when she does, in fact I have not seen this offer in a long long time. Any thoughts why some get it and some do not?
    this offer used to come up at the same time for everyone but not anymore
    its been a while now that it appears randomly ,
    so when a player announces that the offer is here ,it isnt for every player at the same time 
    a few may have it yes but others may see it hours or days later.
    so you just have to check the current offers you have at the time 

and this does not apply only for the collectibles offer but for other offers too
    like the HWE booster for example, it happens a lot 
    maybe they just want us to check the offers all the time ? who knows
    Answer ✓
    I am coming to this again... cause I think it is not 350 the required level but 330
    I had no one to confirm it so far but.. now I know a coopmate of mine that is 333 level and before 330 level he had a 75% discount and now that he reached over 330 he has the 85%, currently 90% discount 
    so the limit is 330 level
    Answer ✓
    @Jenny1979 (GR1)

Thanks for output, I have a coopmate, that was actually pushing to 350, and is 333 right now, will ask her , if she see -85% or -90% now =o
    Yeah, Definetely, its really level 330 , that unlocks the -90% gold to buy land :)
    nice to hear @Exxy (INT1)

• Woohoo! Thanks for the new info @Jenny1979 (GR1) :)

Great to know the exact lvl, thanks for narrowing it down, and thanks @Exxy (INT1) for double-checking as well :)

• rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    Exxy (INT1) said:
    Yeah, Definetely, its really level 330 , that unlocks the -90% gold to buy land :)
    Does this throw a spanner in the works? I'm over 330 

Well, the -90% actually happened, when there was an announced sale, I believe =o

Or i guess it was just a rare event ;o 

Just like seeing shooting stars!
  • Exxy (INT1) said:
    Does this throw a spanner in the works? I'm over 330 

Yeah, as Exxy said, it was 75%/90% for a little while, and then it reversed to 70%/85% again :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file