Home EN The Chicken Coop

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Euro Cup Discussion ⚽

Comments

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346

Belgium are currently the no 1 in the world according to FIFA and Portugal are the current  holders of the championship,

Their match tomorrow should be pretty interesting and good to watch
    I think all these teams are good & all the matches are interesting to watch, but I agree with you here ..... in the next 3 days this is the one I am looking the most forward to  !!!

After that, the Germany vs England match I expect to be quite good too.

I don't have a nationality tie to any of them, but I had guessed Belgium to win this tournament. I think Italy, Germany, France & England all have a good chance too. Netherlands & Portugal weren't in my top tier to start off, but they have had some good matches so far .... only time will tell  ;)
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The Spanish goal, where the goal keeper totally missed the ball was somewhat of a surprise!

I missed the Spain v. Croatia match, so I didn't get to see that play.
    But I did stay until the end of the France v. Switzerland match - WOW, that was intense!
    Switzerland deserved the win - they played so well

There were a few minutes in the 1st part of the 2nd half when France scored 2 goals ..... that was the France team I expected to see more of during this tournament. Many other times they just seemed a little 'off' (IMHO). I will say, for those few minutes, there was some pretty amazing footwork !

I hope to get to watch the England v. Germany match today. England was ranked high going into this tournament, but I think Germany has been playing pretty well lately
    edited 30.06.2021
    Well!!   That was a surprise. I knew England vs Germany would be a good match but it is normally England lose in a penalty shootout!!

edited 30.06.2021
    IKR !    I think the announcers said it had been over 50 years since England beat Germany in such a playoff match - - how exciting for England !!!

I might have to miss the Swiss v. Spain match today, but I'm really looking forward to Belgium v. Italy. Both those teams have been playing so well. I hope Belgium does well, despite missing Eden Hazard & Kevin De Bruyne both due to injuries  :(

I admit, I was getting nervous when it seemed 1 ref was handing out yellow cards more than I thought I had seen in previous matches, but this round only the Swiss are out 1 player for them. 
    I hope the rule that yellow cards will not be carried over in the semi-finals will not have any negative affect 
    Yes it was the World Cup in 1966 that England last beat Germany.

With quite some rivalry going on between them since

It will have bolstered them considerably and may well ride a crest to end now. 
    Their chances have considerably increased
    You hit it there ..... that was the ultimate way to boost England's mojo, their confidence ..... I am really looking forward to their next match to see how that carries over

Ukraine played great against Sweden, but my bet is sure on England to win that one !
  • Whew, what interesting results with the big teams!

The favorites that are left are Spain, England, Italy & Belgium, but with the recent surprising games it could just as likely be Switzerland or Ukraine that wins...

I'm rooting for Belgium, but Switzerland has played incredible as well :)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    All my whistles are on Netherlands! :)

Go go go!

I'm rooting for Belgium, but Switzerland has played incredible as well :)
    At the start of the tournament, Belgium was my top pick to win it all so I've been rooting for them all along. I'm really hoping they play well despite missing 2 strong players due to injuries
    The defeats of France and Germany has opened up the field for Belgium.
    The loss of the two players to injury should not be as big a factor now they won't be playing France.
  • The defeats of France and Germany has opened up the field for Belgium.
    The loss of the two players to injury should not be as big a factor now they won't be playing France.
    Definitely, England might still be a problem, but that would be quite an interesting final :)
    The defeats of France and Germany has opened up the field for Belgium.
    Definitely, England might still be a problem, but that would be quite an interesting final :)
    I agree The Best King, that would be quite an interesting final!  

But Belgium plays Italy next & Italy has been playing quite well indeed!  Italy has won every one of their matches this tournament, and have only had 1 goal scored against them, whereas they've scored 9 goals!  (England has only scored 4 goals, and only won 3 matches with 1 a tie...but have allowed ZERO goals against them)

WIth a full roster, Belgium has also won all 4 matches and have only allowed 1 goal, and have scored 8 goals themselves.  Stats-wise, Belgium and Italy are close. I will remain hopeful though, that's it's an easy win for Belgium against Italy  !!!!   :)
  • Italy vs Belgium will be the match of this Tournament.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I'm thrilled  ;)
    Italy vs Belgium will be the match of this Tournament.
    BugsBunny said:
    I'm thrilled  ;)
    It sure was, and Italy played better than Belgium today.
    I am not so thrilled though, as my best guess at the start was for Belgium to win it all :(

Before the tournament I did see the experts all were picking England &/or France to have the best chances, and from that I picked France (I'm sensing a language theme here - LOL - and they're both out of it now).
    But, I usually root for the teams I think have what it takes but might be looked at as a bit of an underdog which (in my eyes) made Italy and Germany my next choices of who to root for. I suppose it's my luck not being European & not having a national team to root for, my choices are unbiased in that sense. But after all my hem-hawing about, Italy is the only team left in my initial group of top picks 

Even though Spain played well today too, and not to discount Denmark or Czech. Republic, I am thinking it'll be England & Italy in the final..... but we have a few more matches to find out.

It's getting more exciting 

It was surprising how poor Belgium were against Italy. Belgium lost the  match rather Italy won it. If you see what I mean. It was their underperformance that lost them the match.

RosyStarling;  well said - I completely agree 
    edited 05.07.2021
    Now that there are only three games left to play in this tournament it will be fascinating to see how teams perform now the pressure is that much greater.

The match between Italy and Spain will be interesting. Italy started the tournament in good form but appear to have stagnated in the knockout stages. Whilst Spain struggled in the group stages and were fortunate to qualify for the knockout games they seem to be coming to top form at the right moment.

Denmark having got off to a very unfortunate start, losing their talisman in such a horrible way (Christian Eriksen having a heart attack on the pitch), they have overcome this and have become a more committed team. Their team spirt may pull them through yet. 

I still think it will be England that triumphs.

They are definitely favourite in the Discord contest.
    Post edited by RosyStarling on
    I'm eager to see which team or if any for that matter, will actually score against England. They still haven't allowed a goal against them this tournament !!!
    At the start, they were a favorite as host team, but they have really shown they're so much more than that !

For all the rest, I basically ditto everything RosyStarling just put. I am really looking forward to the Italy v. Spain match. I just hope both teams play with their best "in it to win it" spirit.
    It seems (to me) a little like some of the teams are tired &/or sore, like they don't have it in them to fight their hardest. (I don't blame them though, 'cause some of those collisions on the field look quite painful & they don't get but a couple days to recover)

• Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    I'm all in on the underdogs !

Italy and Denmark ! :)

I like beating the odds!!
  • landghe (SKN1)landghe (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 93
    Italy is not an underdog when it comes to football. It is one of the favorites every year. Gli Azzurri!
    Tonight's match between Italy and Spain will be determined by which side can overcome the injuries that have occurred to their key players.

I think it will be Spain that triumphs later, but I'm by no means confidant
    Today's match between Italy & Spain ...... I can't imagine that I would be surprised by either team winning. They've both been playing tremendously well, they both have a lot of heart to win this.
    Italy will be without Leonardo Spinazzola due to surgery after the Belgium match, but from what I hear, Spain will have a full roster / no injured players.
    Even without Spinazzola, Italy still has a great team & it might just be down to who has a better day.  I'm guessing Italy will triumph in the end.

Tomorrow however, I will be surprised if England does not win v. Denmark. 
    Denmark is a great team, I just don't imagine them winning tomorrow at this venue.
    @Dark Underworld (AU1)
    Like yesterday, I logged out of Big Farm until the match was over. When I logged back in, I got the Euro event rewards based on the correct score of 2-1 for England v. Denmark.

This has happened to others before; if you're online when a match goes into overtime, the rewards aren't paid out correctly. The last 2 times, it was requested you contact support as rewards would be adjusted on a personal basis.

You can see RosyStarling's note about yesterday's match here
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/comment/4355929#Comment_4355929
    and from June 29th the Italy v. Austria match here
    https://community.goodgamestudios.com/bigfarm/en/discussion/208372/mod-news-bulletin-3rd-edition#latest
    with a link to contact support about it 

Apart from Big Farm's scoring issues - - wow what exciting games to watch the past 2 days!  This is going to be some final this weekend !!!!
  • Blossom (SKN1)Blossom (SKN1) SKN1 Posts: 564
    Hej!
    Now it's going to be interesting! Italy or England! Har to gues ;)
    Let ur se, I gues Italy but who know!
  • Italy for sure ;)
    Both teams have been playing so well lately, it's hard for me to choose
    I don't think I will be surprised whichever team wins, I think they both have what it takes !!!
    My gut says Italy should win, but with England being home team they have the fans to help boost them up when they need it which can be quite a good advantage.

.... at least, I say this now, but opinions are subject to change based on any change in lineups or injuries sustained between now & game time  :)

I'm just looking forward to watching a good match 

Go teams!!!!

• Well, no matter what, I think we can all agree that it's going to be a hell of a game :wink:

England all the way!, Just well, don't get a goal down too late in the game or you're cooked :D
    I'm looking forward to the match tonight. Despite England being on home ground I think Italy have the edge'

It will be close though and should be a good game

I hope the ref has a good game too. He can make or break it.
This discussion has been closed.