Home EN General Discussions & Questions

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

Is there any point in the nursery any longer?

I haven't used the nurseries on Main Farm and Gourmet Farm since they changed the Laboratory. I'm wondering whether there is any point in keeping them now I can grow more special seeds and a lot quicker in the Lab. If I demolished them it would free up space and workers, but I can't help wondering if BF will revamp the nurseries next as they seem pointless at the moment. What do other people think?

Comments

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I still use them because they use different ingredients.  I would rather use my catalyst on seeds for jam.
  • BugsBunnyBugsBunny Moderator, Guest Posts: 1,612
    I too use them to save up the catalysts.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    To me they don't really appear to be useful at the moment. They do give a few extra special seeds, but for me an extra cowshed or duck coop would probably be more useful. I'm upgrading houses at the moment and if nothing happens that makes the nurseries more useful, when those upgrades are complete I will probably get rid of at least the main farm and gourmet farm nurseries.

I don't really use special seeds that much though, so this may be why I don't really find them useful anymore. I also just keep one laboratory on the flower farm which I will upgrade to around level 17 for producing the premium feeds and fertilisers.
  • rhon (GB1)rhon (GB1) Guest, GB1 Posts: 1,542
    I've gone the other way. I only ever had a main farm nursery (except temporarily to get the quests out the way). I win more than enough for my needs

I've kept the  MF nursery but got rid of my labs

I don't buy gold  and will never get enough free gold to  make labs useful again.
  • To me they don't really appear to be useful at the moment. They do give a few extra special seeds, but for me an extra cowshed or duck coop would probably be more useful. I'm upgrading houses at the moment and if nothing happens that makes the nurseries more useful, when those upgrades are complete I will probably get rid of at least the main farm and gourmet farm nurseries.

I don't really use special seeds that much though, so this may be why I don't really find them useful anymore. I also just keep one laboratory on the flower farm which I will upgrade to around level 17 for producing the premium feeds and fertilisers.
    I'll definitely keep the flower farm lab as it's useful in the wedding planner events for getting extra invites and napkins. I'm not sure about the other two though.
  • I've gone the other way. I only ever had a main farm nursery (except temporarily to get the quests out the way). I win more than enough for my needs

I don't buy gold  and will never get enough free gold to  make labs useful again.
    I've got up to level 14 in the lab without having to use gold at all and I'll soon be able to buy level 15 using dollars. The lab isn't as useful as it was when you could get special fertilizers but I find it much better for special seeds. It just makes the workshop redundant.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    edited 30.06.2021
    I'll definitely keep the flower farm lab as it's useful in the wedding planner events for getting extra invites and napkins. I'm not sure about the other two though.
    With the new setup, I think only one laboratory is necessary now. I removed the main and gourmet farm laboratories already and just kept the one on the flower farm.

Just seeing you mention the workshop in the other post, for me as a non-gold buyer the workshop is not that useful, as its more expensive than the water tower and it just decreases the amount to produce in production buildings such as the windmill which I can already produce enough items to run without any issues. So there doesn't seem to be much point to use it and I just have another cowshed or duck coop in its place. The water tower is very useful for all farms though.

I've gone the other way. I only ever had a main farm nursery (except temporarily to get the quests out the way). I win more than enough for my needs

There is some offer so that you can turn some catalysers into rare catalysers to use to make premium items if you would like. It will cost something around 350 million dollars to get the laboratory to that level though. For someone like me it's worth it though as it can help save a few million dollars per day with production costs and dollar rewards from levelling up. I'm not sure if it's worth it for you, but if you have a lot of orchards and stables and have high production costs it will probably be worth it as an investment. You only need to have one laboratory to use this though.
  • I still use mine
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    I rarely use mine, more out of habit. I sometimes run a little low on special seeds on certain events, so it's nice to have a backup.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    The nice thing is that we all don't need to agree about it, but we can do as we like. Those who don't need the lab can be happy not needing it while others can enjoy it.  :)
  • Uncle John (GB1)Uncle John (GB1) GB1 Posts: 11,004
    The nice thing is that we all don't need to agree about it, but we can do as we like. Those who don't need the lab can be happy not needing it while others can enjoy it.  :)
    Yes. I havn't built a Lab yet so I am finding this conversation very interesting/
  • artful (US1)artful (US1) US1 Posts: 6,617
    Yes. I havn't built a Lab yet so I am finding this conversation very interesting/
    Same here. Never built one.
  • I feel the opposite. The changes to the lab have made it redundant since I all ready had a nursery on main farm and gourmet farm. I get all the special seeds I need from the nursery and as prizes from the various events. Even using water for some of the fish dishes I still have a surplus of water. The only thing I ever used the lab for was making premium fert/feed. Now it just sits idle. When I get to the point that I need the space I'll likely store it rather than deconstruct it. Who knows. The dev team might restore its original functionality making it useful to me again. I wouldn't want to waste all those farm dollars deconstructing it only to find I need to reconstruct it again.
  • george3 (AU1)george3 (AU1) AU1 Posts: 411
    I still use my 3 nurseries only make special alfalfa  on main farm, dandelion & lambs lettuce food farm & jasmine & aloe vera on flower farm, only the lab for greenhouse seeds never have enough catalyst for anything else
  • Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    I haven't used the nurseries on Main Farm and Gourmet Farm since they changed the Laboratory. I'm wondering whether there is any point in keeping them now I can grow more special seeds and a lot quicker in the Lab. If I demolished them it would free up space and workers, but I can't help wondering if BF will revamp the nurseries next as they seem pointless at the moment. What do other people think?
    I hope they keep the nurseries as is, I don't find them pointless. There are some that use only nurseries for SS & not the labs at all. 
    There are players with tons of fields that now use both buildings to make SS. And some that use them for drop items in events.

If you don't use them, I don't think it would hurt to demolish it if you have a better use for the space. If they ever are changed, you could always build it again.
  • I haven't used the nurseries on Main Farm and Gourmet Farm since they changed the Laboratory. I'm wondering whether there is any point in keeping them now I can grow more special seeds and a lot quicker in the Lab. If I demolished them it would free up space and workers, but I can't help wondering if BF will revamp the nurseries next as they seem pointless at the moment. What do other people think?
    I hope they keep the nurseries as is, I don't find them pointless. There are some that use only nurseries for SS & not the labs at all. 
    There are players with tons of fields that now use both buildings to make SS. And some that use them for drop items in events.

If you don't use them, I don't think it would hurt to demolish it if you have a better use for the space. If they ever are changed, you could always build it again.
    You may want to store it rather than demolish it. That way you don't have to pay to build it again if they change it to be more favorable to your strategy in the future.

• Heather Norsk (US1)Heather Norsk (US1) US1 Posts: 7,346
    edited 14.07.2021
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1)
    I didn't realize you could store buildings, I thought you could only store decorations. Will you please share how this can be done?
  • It may be a bug but the time before last time I moved things around on my farm I accidentally left a level 4 standard chicken coop in the building storage bar of the layout mode when I hit finished (the finished button shouldn't have been lit but it was). It moved the chicken coop into the themed buildings tab of my inventory. It was still level 4 and when I put it back out it took 1/2 the time to build a level 1 chicken coop to put back out on my farm. That was several months ago. I'm visually impaired so it was all a surprise to me how it happened or that it could.
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 14.07.2021
    I personally would not recommend storing buildings as they may be gone.  I think you were lucky to find it in the Themed building tab.  I will check with the team it what you say is possible or if it is a bug.  I tried it and the "finish" button on the Layout Mode is greyed out so to prevent just what you experienced.  Therefore @Grandpa Squeak (US1) I truly believe you experienced a little bug.  Does the "finish" button in Layout Mode still green when you put a building in it?  If so, will you post a screenshot?  Thank you.
  • Autumnferret (US1)Autumnferret (US1) US1 Posts: 1,168
    I still have all my nurseries, only really ever used the 1 on MF, still like having em if I need to make special seeds since wanna save catalyst. I may change my mind some and take em out as time goes by. Yesterday I just got around to tearing down 2 of 3 labs 
  • When I move a single item (I just tested using my laboratory) into the layout bar the finish button is greyed out.

When I move a single deco into the bar but I have multiples of that deco out and I pick up another deco of that type and put it directly on the image of the previous deco in the bar but accidentally double click, the game occasionally (but not always. I can't get it to replicate more than about 25% of the time) makes a phantom copy of that deco's icon in the bar but it doesn't put the 2nd deco in the bar. If you time the double clicks right you can create 2 or even 3 phantom decos that all disappear when you click finished or disappear if you try to place them individually on the farm (the phantom decos don't go into storage. I counted to make sure the last time that happened, if they did I would have reported it.)

I will try to replicate it again but I really don't want to risk it at this moment as I have a couple of long upgrades happening on main farm (24 hours+). I can tell you the exact steps that I took.
    1. I opened main farm.
    2. I opened layout mode.
    3. I clicked store everything.
    4. I replaced everything on the farm in the new layout that I wanted. (I grouped every thing so that it was easier for me to see and spaced out some decos so that I wouldn't accidentally click on things that were too close together. I took quite a bit of time and moved things back and forth between the lay out bar and the farm several times because my fine motor control isn't very good for the same reason my vision isn't very good.
    5. When I was done placing items the layout bar was empty and the finished button was lit up. Then I clicked the finished button.
    6. I noticed that one of my chicken coops was gone at this point and realized that it hadn't been in the layout bar when I clicked finished.
    7. I looked through my inventory tabs and found it in the themed buildings tab and put it back on my farm.

I was level 50ish maybe when this happened (about a year ago or so). I didn't yet have any of the community buildings on my farm and I didn't have any themed buildings in the tab at that time and was kind of panicking looking through all the tabs for that coop.

I knew we could store decos. I thought that this was a feature that allowed us to store other buildings. I've won 8 candy coops and a chunky coop since then and I have the chunky coop, 2 of the candy coops, and my 3 standard coops in my chalet. When I got built up a bit more I was going to store the standard coops and replace them with 3 of the candy coops that are in my inventory's themed buildings tab but if this is a bug and not a feature I won't do that.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    edited 14.07.2021
    @Grandpa Squeak (US1)

@ChickadeeQuilter has raised the bug issue.

I know this came naturally out of discussing the Nursery and it is a nuisance for  you but can you put all the above into a Bug thread please?

That way we can see who else has this issue and how widespread it is.
    And to get more information to help our Bug Hunters.

And we can continue to discuss the point of the Nursery here.

Post edited by RosyStarling on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file