Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• Grandmaof10 (US1)Grandmaof10 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 04.05.2021
    i think it will be really fun once some things are worked out .  BUT the obsidan is earned with promotions in the farmers leaque.  So if a league contains a lot of big rollers and they all pushing only 3 will be promoted with medals.  And, if there is a league where no one is scoring someone can win gold with little effort .  so I believe it should be you get promoted upon reaching a number decided on vs medals, this way more players will keep going to acquire the numbers necessary to be promoted.  and if 2 big hitters in the same leaque and they both score 134m reps they will be promoted according to their numbers/work  vs awe im in  aleague with no one scoring-  thus an easy medal with no work.   We can keep the same medal system, however obsidan would be rewarded when reaching certain predetermined numbers.  As it is somone with 130m reps in one league and some one with 1 m reps in another league both get a gold medal, promoted and the same amout of obsidan- not  a good system. Let's not reward laziness : ) 

1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.  <3

• ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Moderator, ModGreen Posts: 707
    edited 05.05.2021
    I note your concern about the upgrades to the specialty animals and fields. I have forwarded this concern to the team. :)
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on

• It's the elusive obsidian you need to upgrade your farnhouse to level 11,not diamonds
    Don't you need diamonds as well? That was my impression. You need to upgrade to level ten and do some research to be allowed to upgrade, but the upgrade itself costs diamonds.
  • Oh dear. I spent nearly all my dollars upgrading the farmhouse to level 10 but it seems I need 65,000 obsidian to go any further. I've got about 2,000 from playing the FL, so I guess it will be a looooooong time before I get to take part in this.
    The upgraded farmhouse is useful as it gives me more workers and storage, so it isn't all gloom, but given the cost I'm not sure I'd have bothered if I'd known.
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,681
    When someone Get's there, could they please upload images and videos of possible thanks. A play through would be nice. Maybe GGS could do this for us or maybe that would be too much of a spoiler and we need to be surprised.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,949
    edited 02.06.2021
    I have revised how long it is going to take me to get there, originally thought 2 months for me but it will be more like 5-6  months as I don't buy season pass and I am a very active player, so I am thinking my estimate of 6 months for most was very generous to GGS/Silly front more like 12-15months for most players.  This is what I have received so far for this FL with 9 days to go and I am ranked 25th on our server ATM.  I will get more by the end and will post what I got at the end. It is going to take a LONG time to get 65K, unless you are willing to spend real money on it.

eventobsidian
    CC end  
    FHWE Promo     500
    FHWE Promo     500
    FHWE end  
    CHWE Promo     500
    End CHWE   250
    CC Promo  
    CC Promo     750
    CC end  
    HWE Promo     750
    HWE Promo     750
    HWE End  
    CC Promo  
    CC Promo  
    CC End  
    VF Promo  
    VF End  
    CC end  
    total  
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on

• maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 402
    I did buy the season pass and so far I am at 21500.  I thought I would buy it the first time to see where I end up.  Chances are it will take me a while to get all these 65K as the pass isn't something I normally buy. 

Designed by FarmerJohn 22 (US1)
  • @maxiroy (US1)  even buying the season pass it is likely that it would take you around 3 months to get 65k

edited 02.06.2021
    Yeah I don't expect I will have them in 3 months, it will be longer.  Maybe they will come up with some other ways to gets these things.  I hope more post it would be nice to see where others are at.

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 8,951
    edited 03.06.2021

I extrapolated it using the best on my server:

She is now an animal lover

she will likely reach the farm genius in the end.

She will probably not make the 65,000 in this league, in the best case around 1,000 obsidian is missing.
    Accordingly, in the best case scenario, it then takes 2 days to move up 1 title in the new farm league and get the missing obsidian.
    all others take longer, of course.
    for me it takes 1.5 farm leagues to start: that takes a lot of time:

I did the math for passport holders, without a pass it takes twice as long:
    I think 3 farmligen in the best case, unless you are at the top of the list

Win10 (64 bit) mit  SRWareIron Version 90.0.4600.0 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,949
    edited 03.06.2021
    @Exxy (INT1) I posted how many obsidians , I have so far, showing promotion and end of event. NO season pass ONLY 11500, that means it will take me at least 4 months ( I will get more before end, I will post what I get without Season pass and finishing rank on our server) and I will finish top 10-20 on our server usually.  Most therefor will not even get this, UNLESS they want to pay out their hard earned cash for a game.

How did everyone end up doing?  I ended up with 30,000 obsidians and yes I bought the pass.  I most likely won't buy the pass next time.   I am a slow player anyways, but will admit I put a bit more effort to see where I would end up.

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,291
    I have 14,500 obsidian without putting much effort into any of the events.
    ninjahuman @ au 1
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 841
    edited 16.06.2021
    I got 52,000 obsidian with pass of course :)
    Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on

Made by Jonquille6 (FR1)
  • without pass I got 20K so it will take at LEAST 2 more FL (92 days, 138 days total approx. 4.5 to 5 months,) to get new farm

• for those with curiosities......
    chabetinha @ pt 1
  • chabetinha @ pt 1

• chabetinha @ pt 1
  • Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 8,951
    is this the entry to the big cave?

and what is this?

a new currency?

how do you get that?

Win10 (64 bit) mit  SRWareIron Version 90.0.4600.0 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,581
    edited 16.06.2021
    Very nice :))

Am at 48K obsidians with pass :))

Should get it unlocked this FL! :D

• ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,291
    It sounds like all upgrades cost obsidian on that farm.
    ninjahuman @ au 1
Sign In to comment.