Home EN Discussion Corner for the official announcements

Join the official Goodgame Big Farm Discord today!Join our Big Farm Discord Server

Are you looking for a community of like-minded farmers to discuss your farming experience with? Look no further than the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server!

Our server is the perfect place to connect with other farmers from around the world. Whether you're looking to chat about strategy, share tips and tricks, or just make new friends, our community has got you covered.

And that's not all - as a member of our Discord server, you'll also have access to exclusive giveaways and other special events. It's the perfect way to stay up to date on all the latest news and updates from GoodGame Studios.

So what are you waiting for? Join the GoodGame Big Farm Discord Server today and start connecting with fellow farmers from all over the world. Just click here to join the fun!

[Discussion] April Update - The Obsidian Farm

Comments

• Grandmaof10 (US1)Grandmaof10 (US1) US1 Posts: 7
    edited 04.05.2021
    i think it will be really fun once some things are worked out .  BUT the obsidan is earned with promotions in the farmers leaque.  So if a league contains a lot of big rollers and they all pushing only 3 will be promoted with medals.  And, if there is a league where no one is scoring someone can win gold with little effort .  so I believe it should be you get promoted upon reaching a number decided on vs medals, this way more players will keep going to acquire the numbers necessary to be promoted.  and if 2 big hitters in the same leaque and they both score 134m reps they will be promoted according to their numbers/work  vs awe im in  aleague with no one scoring-  thus an easy medal with no work.   We can keep the same medal system, however obsidan would be rewarded when reaching certain predetermined numbers.  As it is somone with 130m reps in one league and some one with 1 m reps in another league both get a gold medal, promoted and the same amout of obsidan- not  a good system. Let's not reward laziness : ) 
  • gavinfarms (US1)gavinfarms (US1) US1 Posts: 2,273
    edited 04.05.2021
    There is one huge inconsistency that needs badly to be fixed.  The obsidian farm allows for upgrades to cows, and other things.  BUT, it does not add a level to specialty cows, like Candy, or Colossal, etc.  Why would anyone buy the specialty cows if they are going to get left behind in the updates.  This was probably just an oversight, but is key to keeping the game fair.

*****And not just cows, the specialty buildings for all types that the obsidian farm will address, need to be fixed.
    Post edited by gavinfarms (US1) on
  • ChickadeeQuilterChickadeeQuilter Guest Posts: 967
    edited 05.05.2021
    I note your concern about the upgrades to the specialty animals and fields. I have forwarded this concern to the team. :)
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
    edited 05.05.2021
    I received word back concerning the specialty animals and fields: The upgrades will also apply to themed sheds and you will be able to get them to level 10 once you did the research for them. It's only the normal sheds that get a new design on top of it. I hope that answers your concern. :)

P.s. Other concerns about the Obsidian Farm are also being passed on to the Team. We will let you know when we know. :)
    Post edited by ChickadeeQuilter on
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    Am surprised obsidian isn't included as a prize at the end of the league if you have earned 1 gold medal, we get a bunch of diamonds, why not obsidian as well? Also, what about the idea of the dream farms providing obsidian as well as diamonds? I suspect another way to get obsidian will be implemented soon.

No one answered my earlier question of whether the obsidian farm has a separate construction slot.
  • RosyStarlingRosyStarling Moderator, Guest Posts: 4,718
    The Obsidian Farm does not have its own Construction Slot :(
  • The Obsidian Farm does not have its own Construction Slot :(
    thats an huge misstake then (again)
  • Exxy (INT1)Exxy (INT1) INT1 Posts: 2,602
    You can start saving all the construction tokens rewards , until you open it, you should be able to have a few extra constructions for it by then :)

• It's the elusive obsidian you need to upgrade your farnhouse to level 11,not diamonds
    Don't you need diamonds as well? That was my impression. You need to upgrade to level ten and do some research to be allowed to upgrade, but the upgrade itself costs diamonds.
  • Oh dear. I spent nearly all my dollars upgrading the farmhouse to level 10 but it seems I need 65,000 obsidian to go any further. I've got about 2,000 from playing the FL, so I guess it will be a looooooong time before I get to take part in this.
    The upgraded farmhouse is useful as it gives me more workers and storage, so it isn't all gloom, but given the cost I'm not sure I'd have bothered if I'd known.
    If you work hard and get gold medals in the Farmers League, you will get more obsidian.  And yes, it does take a lot of obsidian to upgrade the farmhouse. But relax and do well in the Farmers League and you will get there in due time. Patience is the name of that game. :)
    Are we there yet? :)
  • Rusty Farmer (AU1)Rusty Farmer (AU1) AU1 Posts: 1,705
    When someone Get's there, could they please upload images and videos of possible thanks. A play through would be nice. Maybe GGS could do this for us or maybe that would be too much of a spoiler and we need to be surprised.
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 02.06.2021
    I have revised how long it is going to take me to get there, originally thought 2 months for me but it will be more like 5-6  months as I don't buy season pass and I am a very active player, so I am thinking my estimate of 6 months for most was very generous to GGS/Silly front more like 12-15months for most players.  This is what I have received so far for this FL with 9 days to go and I am ranked 25th on our server ATM.  I will get more by the end and will post what I got at the end. It is going to take a LONG time to get 65K, unless you are willing to spend real money on it.

eventobsidian
    CC end  
    FHWE Promo     500
    FHWE Promo     500
    FHWE end  
    CHWE Promo     500
    End CHWE   250
    CC Promo  
    CC Promo     750
    CC end  
    HWE Promo     750
    HWE Promo     750
    HWE End  
    CC Promo  
    CC Promo  
    CC End  
    VF Promo  
    VF End  
    CC end  
    total  
    Post edited by Dark Underworld (AU1) on
  • maxiroy (US1)maxiroy (US1) US1 Posts: 436
    I did buy the season pass and so far I am at 21500.  I thought I would buy it the first time to see where I end up.  Chances are it will take me a while to get all these 65K as the pass isn't something I normally buy. 
  • @maxiroy (US1)  even buying the season pass it is likely that it would take you around 3 months to get 65k
    edited 02.06.2021
    Yeah I don't expect I will have them in 3 months, it will be longer.  Maybe they will come up with some other ways to gets these things.  I hope more post it would be nice to see where others are at.
    edited 02.06.2021
    Not sure how you count @Dark Underworld (AU1)

I'll be at 42.5k Obsidians by the end of this FL normally

And estimating that quantity without reaching Animal's lover title ( which is usually top 8-10 players on the server )

Im more of a between #15/#30 type of player all around here

Yes, 40K is with the pass ( but i was always saving 28k gold for the pass every fl before, as its an extremely worthy value for all the rewards you get extra , including diamonds )

the daily cost of the pass , is pretty much 666 gold / day

So , 2 FL with similar results , would put me at 85K obsidian, which is more than enough to unlock the farm

So, for most "Active" players who are not buying the FL pass , it should literally only takes them twice the time

Since no pass = basically half the obsidians

So 4 FL , or 170 days :) ( Well , it would be in the early phase of the 4th FL , so probably more like 130 days )

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    edited 03.06.2021

I extrapolated it using the best on my server:

She is now an animal lover

she will likely reach the farm genius in the end.

She will probably not make the 65,000 in this league, in the best case around 1,000 obsidian is missing.
    Accordingly, in the best case scenario, it then takes 2 days to move up 1 title in the new farm league and get the missing obsidian.
    all others take longer, of course.
    for me it takes 1.5 farm leagues to start: that takes a lot of time:

I did the math for passport holders, without a pass it takes twice as long:
    I think 3 farmligen in the best case, unless you are at the top of the list
  • Dark Underworld (AU1)Dark Underworld (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,992
    edited 03.06.2021
    @Exxy (INT1) I posted how many obsidians , I have so far, showing promotion and end of event. NO season pass ONLY 11500, that means it will take me at least 4 months ( I will get more before end, I will post what I get without Season pass and finishing rank on our server) and I will finish top 10-20 on our server usually.  Most therefor will not even get this, UNLESS they want to pay out their hard earned cash for a game.
    How did everyone end up doing?  I ended up with 30,000 obsidians and yes I bought the pass.  I most likely won't buy the pass next time.   I am a slow player anyways, but will admit I put a bit more effort to see where I would end up.
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    I have 14,500 obsidian without putting much effort into any of the events.
  • The Best King (INT1)The Best King (INT1) INT1 Posts: 883
    edited 16.06.2021
    I got 52,000 obsidian with pass of course :)
    Post edited by The Best King (INT1) on
  • without pass I got 20K so it will take at LEAST 2 more FL (92 days, 138 days total approx. 4.5 to 5 months,) to get new farm
  • for those with curiosities......

• Gut Landluft (DE1)Gut Landluft (DE1) DE1 Posts: 9,612
    is this the entry to the big cave?

and what is this?

a new currency?

how do you get that?
    edited 16.06.2021
    Very nice :))

Am at 48K obsidians with pass :))

Should get it unlocked this FL! :D
  • ninjahuman (AU1)ninjahuman (AU1) AU1 Posts: 2,526
    It sounds like all upgrades cost obsidian on that farm.
Sign In to comment.